Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Cat Lovers - Does this come as a surprise?

Wikiposts

Cat Lovers - Does this come as a surprise?

Old Jul 15th 2009, 5:43 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cat Lovers - Does this come as a surprise?

Originally Posted by Walkingman
Not sure if you're talking about the feline or the spouse there.
Oh, I've known the feline a lot longer than the spouse. But now that you come to mention it...
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Both of ours are Siamese, and I can attest to the strange meow's at odd times. Our male cat sometimes wanders down to the basement, and then starts to basically howl (i guess because he 'forgot' how to walk back upstairs). And I swear when he does that incessant meow, it sounds like he's saying 'mom, mom, mom' over and over.

Oh, but I do have one up on him. All I have to do is whistle and he comes running - so I've got him well trained too.

I LOVED a few of those Simon videos. I will defo need to watch a few more.
I had two Siamese as well sunflowrgrl. One passed away a couple of years ago so I now just have a lil old geriatric lady of 17+, they definitely are more vocal than other cats and not all meow's and purrs are created equal lol! I worry about how I'm going to move her to the US, especially now that it's going to be the West coast and not East. I'm sort of putting off thinking about it too much for now

Those videos are great, wish there were more, but I think I've only managed to find the three too.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Cat Whisperer is on a distinguished road

I have 2, both rescued. One was a street cat who followed my other cat in through the catflap one day in the middle of winter. Completely starving,untamed and ferrel to start, we have made significant progress over a few years. She melts my heart when she snuggles under my chin when Im in recliner, guaranteed to put me to sleep. She has a permanent bald patch on her forehead due to frostbite, and I admit she gets away with everything.

My name does not come from my ability to tame cats, rather my husband thinking it funny that I whisper sweet nothings to my cats lol. Here is my more tame cat, Buster.
Attached Thumbnails Cat Lovers - Does this come as a surprise?-sleepy-buster-jacque.jpg  
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Awww..Buster's a cutie CW!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:32 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

I hate cats.

I like kittens.

I love pussies.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:41 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Awww..Buster's a cutie CW!
So are Lilly and Luna.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

janet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nicejanet82 is just really nice

I never thought I'd be a cat person having always had dogs growing up (and a couple of incestuous gerbils) but our apartment wasn't very dog friendly. My cat's about 10 months old now and I absolutely love her! She even does 'fetch'!
Attached Thumbnails Cat Lovers - Does this come as a surprise?-wasabi.jpg  
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:35 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janet82
I never thought I'd be a cat person having always had dogs growing up (and a couple of incestuous gerbils) but our apartment wasn't very dog friendly. My cat's about 10 months old now and I absolutely love her! She even does 'fetch'!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Yep, they are cuties. I'll have to get a pic of our two to show off.

Originally Posted by janet82
Ha! Our female cat plays fetch. She will actually bring us her little toy balls for us to throw down the hallway and then she brings them back! She even brings her feather toys into the bed with us in to get us to play with her when we get up in the morning. And some people say cats aren't smart!?