cat

Old Nov 1st 2003, 5:54 pm
Fioo

Default cat

Hi
Could you tell me how quarantine looks like in USA?
I want to move to usa and take my cat with me. Cat is healthy,
rabies vaccine, etc.
thank you
--
pozdr
F

Old Nov 1st 2003, 11:20 pm
Hnchoksi

Default Re: cat

>Subject: cat
    >From: fioo [email protected]
    >Date: 11/1/03 1:54 PM Eastern Standard Time
    >Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >Hi
    >Could you tell me how quarantine looks like in USA?
    >I want to move to usa and take my cat with me. Cat is healthy,
    >rabies vaccine, etc.
    >thank you
    >--
    >pozdr
    >F

Usual 6 month quarantine.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hnchoksi
Usual 6 month quarantine.
To enter the US, there is no quarantine for cats, except for Hawaii and Guam.

As a general rule, there are no restrictions on bringing domestic cats into the U.S. There are no vaccination requirements for cats, although cats arriving in Hawaii or Guam are subject to that state's/territory's quarantine requirements. While a rabies certificate is not required for entry into the U.S., domestic cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined by an inspector at the port of entry. If the animal is not in apparent good health, further examination by a licensed veterinarian may be required at the owner's expense. If you are bringing your cat to the U.S. on an airplane, you should check with the airline about their requirements for transporting animals. Many airlines require a certificate of health from a veterinarian.
Quoted from http://tinyurl.com/tfww

More information can also be found on http://tinyurl.com/tfxb

Good luck!

Elaine
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 2:16 pm
Fioo

Osobnik HunterGreen <member@british_expats.com> napisa³ in
news:[email protected]:

>
    > Originally posted by Hnchoksi
    >
    >> Usual 6 month quarantine.
    >
    >
    >
    > To enter the US, there is no quarantine for cats, except for
    > Hawaii and Guam.
    >

does it mean my cat wil be with me all the time? simply i pick up cat from
the airport )))
thank you very much)

--
pozdr
F

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Fioo
does it mean my cat wil be with me all the time? simply i pick up cat from the airport )))
thank you very much)

--
pozdr
F
It depends on the airline you're flying with. I'm assuming you and the cat will be on the same flight. Some airlines allow small pets (like cats) to travel in the cabin, if not, they can be checked as excess baggage. There was an interesting link posted on another forum a while ago, I will see if I can find it for you.
You can also check out the website for the airline you're planning to fly with, and see what their specific policy is.

Elaine
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by HunterGreen
It depends on the airline you're flying with. I'm assuming you and the cat will be on the same flight. Some airlines allow small pets (like cats) to travel in the cabin, if not, they can be checked as excess baggage. There was an interesting link posted on another forum a while ago, I will see if I can find it for you.
You can also check out the website for the airline you're planning to fly with, and see what their specific policy is.

Elaine
I wanted to add - except from a possible seperation during the flight (if the kitty isn't travelling in the cabin), yes, your cat will be with you all the time.
(Unless there are specific requirements for taking a pet out of your own country, but I have no idea about that, since I don't even know where you're from).

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm so not with it today, LOL!

I noticed the pl in your email address, so assuming you are travelling from Poland to the USA, here's some specific information for you - http://tinyurl.com/th21

Elaine (= a cat lover ).
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:07 am
Fioo

Osobnik HunterGreen <member@british_expats.com> napisa³ in
news:[email protected]:

> Elaine

thank you Elaine, very much ,Your answer gives me a lot of hope, i was
terrified i will have to part with cat for six month. Webpage
http://tinyurl.com/th21 comes in useful.

I love cat too
I have a persian cat. lovely Thank you !!!

--
pozdr
F

Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Fioo

thank you Elaine, very much ,Your answer gives me a lot of hope, i was terrified i will have to part with cat for six month. Webpage
http://tinyurl.com/th21 comes in useful.

I love cat too
I have a persian cat. lovely Thank you !!!

--
pozdr
F
You are very welcome. Wishing you both a safe trip!

Elaine