Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Be careful when transferring money..

Be careful when transferring money..

Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Be careful when transferring money..

Check this out from the BBC.
Payment fraud: Millions lost in money transfer trick - BBC News
Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be careful when transferring money..

Thanks for this. I have heard of many such instances over the last few years.

I listened to a news item a few weeks back that said the banking system was finally going to implement name checking on money transfers after years of complains by organizations such as Which? and BBC Moneybox. Should be in place by end of 2018.
Old Apr 8th 2018, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Johnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of lightJohnboyuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Be careful when transferring money..

Originally Posted by durham_lad
Thanks for this. I have heard of many such instances over the last few years.

I listened to a news item a few weeks back that said the banking system was finally going to implement name checking on money transfers after years of complains by organizations such as Which? and BBC Moneybox. Should be in place by end of 2018.
At least now if you make an incorrect transfer (non-fraudulent) and the recipient refuses to return the money, banks will now provide you with the name of that recipient so you can take legal action to retrieve your money. I noticed this in the 'small print' for my HSBC account.

It is also worth remembering that your money is not protected when using currency transfer companies.