Car seat question

Old May 17th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold
Default Car seat question

..for all those who've made the return journey

Does anyone know if I can use an Australian car seat in the UK??? It's a safe'n'sound one - also...can this be used on a flight (attached to the plane seat).
Tx
MM
Old May 17th 2007, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car seat question

I don't know the definite answer to this but my sister in law who had 2 kids in the Uk and 1 here in Oz told me not to buy a car seat here for our new bub as we won't be able to use it when we move back to the UK. Not sure exactly why but something to do with fittings and safety standards.

Originally Posted by MightyMouse

Does anyone know if I can use an Australian car seat in the UK??? It's a safe'n'sound one - also...can this be used on a flight (attached to the plane seat).
Tx
MM
Old May 17th 2007, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jessie James
I don't know the definite answer to this but my sister in law who had 2 kids in the Uk and 1 here in Oz told me not to buy a car seat here for our new bub as we won't be able to use it when we move back to the UK. Not sure exactly why but something to do with fittings and safety standards.
I have a feeling you're right
Does anyone have a UK car seat going (we're in Perth) to avoid the cost of buying another one...our old ones are in storage back home
Old May 17th 2007, 7:13 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mighty

I came back years ago with Oz car seat but have had to buy UK one. Can get safe and sound here but best get a new one as I am sure you would want to know it is safe and has not been in a car accident. My mum got me mine from mothercare and it was put in the car that met me at Heathrow.

Derrrrrrrrrr just read that you have one in storage...ignore me it is still early hours in my head !!!
Old May 17th 2007, 7:14 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pants
Hi Mighty

I came back years ago with Oz car seat but have had to buy UK one. Can get safe and sound here but best get a new one as I am sure you would want to know it is safe and has not been in a car accident. My mum got me mine from mothercare and it was put in the car that met me at Heathrow.

Derrrrrrrrrr just read that you have one in storage...ignore me it is still early hours in my head !!!
Hi, P! How's Bub getting on? (And, more importantly (), how's you?)
Old May 17th 2007, 7:18 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

hello love...

just caught me lurking..!!ooopssss. Yes little man is brilliant, 7mnths soon...where has that time gone eh!!Moi...I am good thanks just getting on with life is lush wet England, its that horrible drizzle stuff remember that?? at least in Oz if it rains it rains...but does stop.

Hows you too hun? Sorry I barely get time to look in on expats let alone actually read threads. I normally skim over them before rushing of to keep tiger out of mischief. Have you kept in touch with Bev?
Old May 17th 2007, 7:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

hello love...

just caught me lurking..!!ooopssss. Yes little man is brilliant, 7mnths soon...where has that time gone eh!!Moi...I am good thanks just getting on with life is lush wet England, its that horrible drizzle stuff remember that?? at least in Oz if it rains it rains...but does stop.

Hows you too hun? Sorry I barely get time to look in on expats let alone actually read threads. I normally skim over them before rushing of to keep tiger out of mischief. Have you kept in touch with Bev?
Wow, that old already?! Tell him to stop growing up - he should only be about 4 months by my reckoning.

I'm good thanks. Finally set a moving back date, so I've spent the day researching flights to Blighty. Feels good to be making plans again.

Not heard from Bev in a few months - but drop her an email every so often. Probably about time I did again, actually.
Old May 17th 2007, 7:29 am
Live the moment

I know I do keep telling him as my food bill is shooting up...imagine what it will be like when he reaches his sisters age..!!!

Oh excellent I didn't know you were planning to return, how exciting for you, so when are you expecting to touch down on pommie ground?? Will that be for good?

I do have the odd email from Bev but I know she is very busy. I will email her again as it seems like ages ago we last spoke.

well GG I must go get dressed as I don't think I will be appreciated at school in my nightwear..!! NOt a pretty sight...!!

Chat again soon me hopes..

take care
xxx
Old May 17th 2007, 7:32 am
Cup of tea, Father?

I know I do keep telling him as my food bill is shooting up...imagine what it will be like when he reaches his sisters age..!!!

Oh excellent I didn't know you were planning to return, how exciting for you, so when are you expecting to touch down on pommie ground?? Will that be for good?

I do have the odd email from Bev but I know she is very busy. I will email her again as it seems like ages ago we last spoke.

well GG I must go get dressed as I don't think I will be appreciated at school in my nightwear..!! NOt a pretty sight...!!

Chat again soon me hopes..

take care
xxx
We'll be back for the start of August.

Have a good one.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone else help with the car seat issue? Even a swap or something? Your UK car seat for my Oz one?

Failing that I guess I can try to sell it in the UK to a family who are emigrating and need one - might take a while to do that...something else to add to my list
Old May 18th 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Can anyone else help with the car seat issue? Even a swap or something? Your UK car seat for my Oz one?

Failing that I guess I can try to sell it in the UK to a family who are emigrating and need one - might take a while to do that...something else to add to my list
Might get more of a response in the Oz forum than the moving back forum
Old May 18th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Tx
MM
I took our Safe n Sound car seat back on the plane (emirates just fitted nicely) and have been using it in our car (renault laguna ever since) so my anser would be yes
Old May 19th 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
I took our Safe n Sound car seat back on the plane (emirates just fitted nicely) and have been using it in our car (renault laguna ever since) so my anser would be yes
How did it fit into the car? I understand how the belt will slot in at the back like normal car seats...but how do you secure it so it doesn't move?
My sons Brittax car seat has a clip at the side which holds the belt once you tighten it. I know the centre anchor point here does that - how do you do that with the safe'n'sound - is there a clip on that that I'm missing?
Old May 20th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

How did it fit into the car? I understand how the belt will slot in at the back like normal car seats...but how do you secure it so it doesn't move?
My sons Brittax car seat has a clip at the side which holds the belt once you tighten it. I know the centre anchor point here does that - how do you do that with the safe'n'sound - is there a clip on that that I'm missing?
We have an anchor point in the boot of the car, it clips onto that just as it does to the anchor point on the parcel shelf in Oz cars - or so my hubby says!
Old May 21st 2007, 12:52 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mighty Mouse, how old is your baby? Is it a forward facing or rear facing carseat you are asking about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.