car problem

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default car problem

i'm planning on taking my car{toyota rav4}back to the uk with me,someone mentioned to me that cars in oz are built to australian standards and i may have some problems in the uk with wear and tear and weather damage{rust}
has anyone experienced this supposed problem.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:34 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: car problem

Originally Posted by fitz
i'm planning on taking my car{toyota rav4}back to the uk with me,someone mentioned to me that cars in oz are built to australian standards and i may have some problems in the uk with wear and tear and weather damage{rust}
has anyone experienced this supposed problem.
May be good idea to ring swansea up as i was under the impression any vehicle under 10 years old has to comply with british compliance plates .
Anything older than 10 years doesnt need the certificate and can go straight over the pits and get an MOT and new plates etc .

Last edited by king kong; Apr 23rd 2007 at 11:40 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:17 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

All I can say is we found our Subaru lost its battery charge on the really cold nights. We are now looking at changing the battery as not sure if its powerful enough for starting in minus conditions.

Not noticed any rust but we only brought it back in July 06.

Jo
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

thanks for the reply's ,i never even thought about the battery,taking it back to scotland,that will certainly test the battery,at least i can expect better driving standards and more curteous drivers in the uk.