Car Insurance

Old Aug 18th 2021, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Lorag13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Insurance

Been in Canada 20 years moving back to UK. How do you get car insurance with no record?
Old Aug 18th 2021, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance

Originally Posted by Lorag13 View Post
Been in Canada 20 years moving back to UK. How do you get car insurance with no record?
When you say 'no record', do you mean you haven't driven in Canada? Anybody can get car insurance (assuming they have a licence of course), there's no requirement to have a minimum amount of experience - you'll just need to be prepared to pay a lot more for it.
Old Aug 18th 2021, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorag13 View Post
Bring evidence from Canada of any no claims record you may have. I have seen others mention Aviva as accepting no claims records from elsewhere and for being understanding of those returning to the UK.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic View Post
Bring evidence from Canada of any no claims record you may have. I have seen others mention Aviva as accepting no claims records from elsewhere and for being understanding of those returning to the UK.
Aviva worked for both myself and my son the following year when he moved back from the USA. Their website states what is required, and our insurance company in the USA, Geico, was very good in providing a pdf version of the letter stating the number of years with them without making a claim. Aviva also required a copy of my last insurance card in the USA.
Old Aug 26th 2021, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Lorag13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we have a Canadian Driving Record