Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Reccomendations for shipping dogs from Canada to UK

Reccomendations for shipping dogs from Canada to UK

Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Montysaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reccomendations for shipping dogs from Canada to UK

Wondering if anyone can recommend a shipping agent to transport our three labradors from Toronto to the UK.

The company we used to bring our previous dogs over - Golden Arrow don't do importing otherwise we would use them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks

Tim
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:44 am
Just Joined

TrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to beholdTrickyTreeRed is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reccomendations for shipping dogs from Canada to UK

Hi Tim,

I will be in a similar situation when I travel from Vancouver to England with my two cats at some point, so I am also interested in reading the replies.

Quick question though... Did Golden Arrow recommend any companies to you? As they are in the business, they might have some insights.

Cheers!
Old Sep 14th 2017, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Montysaurus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrickyTreeRed
Hi Tim,

I will be in a similar situation when I travel from Vancouver to England with my two cats at some point, so I am also interested in reading the replies.

Quick question though... Did Golden Arrow recommend any companies to you? As they are in the business, they might have some insights.

Cheers!
No they didn't except for one guy they thought might now be retired who is in peterborough - no where near us though so I didnt bother contacting him.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have checked this out with vets and online Uk and Canadian info sites.
There is a list of criteria that is needed to exit the dog from Canada and more requirements to enter the UK as it is outside the Euro zone for animals, I forget the name of the treaty. Any mistake in the paperwork, or the implanted chip or anything at all and the animal will be refused entry.

Right now I believe only Air Canada is approved to transport animals to the UK, in a secure container, in their heated cargo space, and its not cheap and you have to meet the animal at Heathrow.

My dog got turned down from the Canadian vet to travel on a plane as we discovered he has a liver issue, so I wait for him to die before I can go. I would of course never be without him to his dying end no matter how long he goes on for. Sad but he is 15yo.

I hope that helps a bit..