Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

canada. anything else you would like to add?

canada. anything else you would like to add?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice
Default Re: canada. anything else you would like to add?

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
The above statement is quite irrational, read it again.
NO your read my Quote again
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

lalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nicelalaloubell is just really nice

Im outta here so write what you like you mean people
Llalalalalalaloubellllls
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

FairySuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lalaloubell
Llalalalalalaloubellllls
Not nice to push you down
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:51 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

NO your read my Quote again
I have and its still irrational.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:54 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Llalalalalalaloubellllls
Do you have a fetish for superfluity? Especially with your use of L`s and A`s?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:57 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by FairySuz
Not nice to push you down
In your first post you have come to the aid of an unknown, it seems chivalry is not quite dead.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:24 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

If you could not understand or it dont make sense why on earth would you bother answering
Lols
You are absolutely priceless. You just don't get it, do you!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Can I just say in regards to education, English and Maths without a doubt are the 2 most important subjects to learn at school. So if Canadian schools are good at teaching English and decent at Maths depsite the other subjects then that should not put you off. Why? because lets face it, schools brain-wash you, they dont tell you why your learning that specific thing and what use it has in the real world. For example, did schools ever tell you why you learned the times table, or why you need to run around the track 50 times, or why you need to speak that way, or why you need to know how to cut a block of wood in half? I never got told any of those things or what use it has in the community. It wasn't until I left school that I understand what the real world was about and my real learning started then not at school. For me English and Maths are vitaly important and more important than any other lesson. If a school has a good record for English and Maths results that would win it for me regardless of the other subjects because I would teach my kids life skills outside of school which are relevant to the eal world.

Exaples being: do schools tell you about investing money for the future, how to buy a mortgage, what apension is, how to cook (some schools teach you this yes), how to operate a washing machine, how to work out a training schedule to keep fit. I certainly never got taught anything like that at school.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:51 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
Can I just say in regards to education, English and Maths without a doubt are the 2 most important subjects to learn at school. So if Canadian schools are good at teaching English and decent at Maths depsite the other subjects then that should not put you off. Why? because lets face it, schools brain-wash you, they dont tell you why your learning that specific thing and what use it has in the real world. For example, did schools ever tell you why you learned the times table, or why you need to run around the track 50 times, or why you need to speak that way, or why you need to know how to cut a block of wood in half? I never got told any of those things or what use it has in the community. It wasn't until I left school that I understand what the real world was about and my real learning started then not at school. For me English and Maths are vitaly important and more important than any other lesson. If a school has a good record for English and Maths results that would win it for me regardless of the other subjects because I would teach my kids life skills outside of school which are relevant to the eal world.

Exaples being: do schools tell you about investing money for the future, how to buy a mortgage, what apension is, how to cook (some schools teach you this yes), how to operate a washing machine, how to work out a training schedule to keep fit. I certainly never got taught anything like that at school.
i'm sorry, i don't mean to be rude, but firstly i don't see what your point is regards the theme of this thread, (thats seems to have imploded somewhat) and secondly if you need school to teach you how to use a washing machine then all hope is lost.

get married i found that worked fine.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by rae
i'm sorry, i don't mean to be rude, but firstly i don't see what your point is regards the theme of this thread, (thats seems to have imploded somewhat) and secondly if you need school to teach you how to use a washing machine then all hope is lost.

get married i found that worked fine.
Your not being rude mate

Some one pointed out that Education was a main reason for not moving to Canada. That was my reason to comment. My examples were that, just examples not rules or anything, sorry if it was miss leading. It was to make a point, im not saying they have to teach peaople to do washing I was talking about life skills, things that are important in the our world. If we cant cook, wash, or understand anything about mortgages etc. we may struggle to get by.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:50 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Your not being rude mate

Some one pointed out that Education was a main reason for not moving to Canada. That was my reason to comment. My examples were that, just examples not rules or anything, sorry if it was miss leading. It was to make a point, im not saying they have to teach peaople to do washing I was talking about life skills, things that are important in the our world. If we cant cook, wash, or understand anything about mortgages etc. we may struggle to get by.
fair enough. i found education one of the main reasons to move to canada. though i accept some excellent education is available in the UK, i find this to be only in certain affluent areas, or out of reach due to other reasons, ie stuck in the middle of a tiny country village somewhere.

i accept in canada the kids are a little behind, and also the uni's may not be on a par internationally with other countries from what i have read, but, i am happy mine is not being rushed, examined, tested and pressured, instead allowed to be a child longer. She may not go to uni, if she does she can always study in the UK or US from here even, if its that bad.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:24 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
fair enough. i found education one of the main reasons to move to canada. though i accept some excellent education is available in the UK, i find this to be only in certain affluent areas, or out of reach due to other reasons, ie stuck in the middle of a tiny country village somewhere.

i accept in canada the kids are a little behind, and also the uni's may not be on a par internationally with other countries from what i have read, but, i am happy mine is not being rushed, examined, tested and pressured, instead allowed to be a child longer. She may not go to uni, if she does she can always study in the UK or US from here even, if its that bad.
My kids were educated in Canada so I can only compare with their cousins educated in England. They had village schools to begin with and it did them no harm at all. True, their later schools were in a decent area. I know for sure that there are rough areas in Canada with awful schools, so as always it's a question of choosing where to live. Perhaps Canada allows more choice there for some people. I don't know.

I think a bit more pressure would be good. My problem with the Canadian system was the built in sogginess. The curriculum was set up so essons were repeated and repeated in the hope that the slower pupils would catch up, but heavens, we can't have streaming! As a result, the brighter kids were bored and either spaced out or getting into trouble.

One big reason parents put their kids into French Immersion is not bilingualism but because the slow kids don't end up there and that problem is avoided.

Then their final grades are given by the schools with no outside standard, so that students end up at university with terribly English and study skills and the whole dumbing down starts again. Some courses have huge failure rates in the first year, which is the uni's way of weeding out the ones who shouldn't be there. But again, soggy.

In my opinion and experience.

Bev
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond repute

Some people should never have left Fraggle Rock...
Old May 1st 2009, 9:18 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

For someone that seems to think English is "Vitaly" important, its seems that you weren`t overly attentive in YOUR English classes either.
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
For someone that seems to think English is "Vitaly" important, its seems that you weren`t overly attentive in YOUR English classes either.
Where did that come from? don't slag peoples grammar mate, its not a grammar forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.