Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada

Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada

Old Apr 3rd 2021, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Gloriajean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada

If someone lived in Canada !! Now retired U.K. citizen and returning to U.K. would love some advice please
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada

Originally Posted by Gloriajean
If someone lived in Canada !! Now retired U.K. citizen and returning to U.K. would love some advice please
Lots of people have, what advice are you after?
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of information are you after? A few people have replied to your other queries - was any of that advice of use?
How are you finding it being back in the UK? Things must have changed a lot I guess - we’ve been in Canada for 10 years and I’m sure lots has changed in that time.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You say 'returning to UK' , but according to your earlier posts you have already done so?

You are left Canada and are now living in the UK?
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You say 'returning to UK' , but according to your earlier posts you have already done so?

You are left Canada and are now living in the UK?
I came on holidays couldn’t return due to Covid I’m going back to Canada but am thinking maybe returning when things improve
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I came on holidays couldn’t return due to Covid I’m going back to Canada but am thinking maybe returning when things improve
Are you not a citizen of Canada? If you are, you could have returned at any time, it's only visitors to Canada that aren't permitted.

If you can give people more info about the kind of help you're after, then they'll be happy to assist I'm sure.

HTH.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

I did book but they stopped the flight re Covid and tried booking again and Calgary are not taking flights from U.K. right now I’m 66 with health problems cannot do 2 stops sorry for inconvenience
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 5:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I did book but they stopped the flight re Covid and tried booking again and Calgary are not taking flights from U.K. right now I’m 66 with health problems cannot do 2 stops sorry for inconvenience
You don't have to return to Calgary immediately, you could fly somewhere else and rest there for a few days before carrying on with the journey maybe? But if you're a citizen then there's no rush to get back, so don't worry about it and just stay in the UK for now (you'd only have to worry if you were a PR and at risk of losing your PR status). Hopefully you can then travel when things ease a bit, maybe in the summer.

And if you still want advice from those who've moved back to the UK then feel free to ask and they'll try and help.

Good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 12:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You don't have to return to Calgary immediately, you could fly somewhere else and rest there for a few days before carrying on with the journey maybe? But if you're a citizen then there's no rush to get back, so don't worry about it and just stay in the UK for now (you'd only have to worry if you were a PR and at risk of losing your PR status). Hopefully you can then travel when things ease a bit, maybe in the summer.

And if you still want advice from those who've moved back to the UK then feel free to ask and they'll try and help.

Good luck.
1, Should note only Montreal, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver are receiving international flights. If the OP returns s/he has to do the mandatory 3 days hotel quarantine at one of the open airports and then could return to his/her home to complete the additional 11 day quarantine.