British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/can-someone-help-me-moving-back-u-k-canada-937954/)

Gloriajean Apr 3rd 2021 11:46 am

Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada

If someone lived in Canada !! Now retired U.K. citizen and returning to U.K. would love some advice please

christmasoompa Apr 3rd 2021 12:44 pm

Re: Can someone help me on moving back to U.K. from Canada

Originally Posted by Gloriajean (Post 12990843)
If someone lived in Canada !! Now retired U.K. citizen and returning to U.K. would love some advice please

Lots of people have, what advice are you after?

Twitcher1958 Apr 3rd 2021 12:46 pm

What sort of information are you after? A few people have replied to your other queries - was any of that advice of use?
How are you finding it being back in the UK? Things must have changed a lot I guess - we’ve been in Canada for 10 years and I’m sure lots has changed in that time.

SanDiegogirl Apr 3rd 2021 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Gloriajean (Post 12990843)

You say 'returning to UK' , but according to your earlier posts you have already done so?

You are left Canada and are now living in the UK?

Gloriajean Apr 3rd 2021 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12990906)
You say 'returning to UK' , but according to your earlier posts you have already done so?

You are left Canada and are now living in the UK?

I came on holidays couldn’t return due to Covid I’m going back to Canada but am thinking maybe returning when things improve

christmasoompa Apr 3rd 2021 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gloriajean (Post 12990910)
I came on holidays couldn’t return due to Covid I’m going back to Canada but am thinking maybe returning when things improve

Are you not a citizen of Canada? If you are, you could have returned at any time, it's only visitors to Canada that aren't permitted.

If you can give people more info about the kind of help you're after, then they'll be happy to assist I'm sure.

HTH.

Gloriajean Apr 3rd 2021 4:55 pm

I did book but they stopped the flight re Covid and tried booking again and Calgary are not taking flights from U.K. right now I’m 66 with health problems cannot do 2 stops sorry for inconvenience

christmasoompa Apr 3rd 2021 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Gloriajean (Post 12990930)
I did book but they stopped the flight re Covid and tried booking again and Calgary are not taking flights from U.K. right now I’m 66 with health problems cannot do 2 stops sorry for inconvenience

You don't have to return to Calgary immediately, you could fly somewhere else and rest there for a few days before carrying on with the journey maybe? But if you're a citizen then there's no rush to get back, so don't worry about it and just stay in the UK for now (you'd only have to worry if you were a PR and at risk of losing your PR status). Hopefully you can then travel when things ease a bit, maybe in the summer.

And if you still want advice from those who've moved back to the UK then feel free to ask and they'll try and help.

Good luck.

PMM Apr 4th 2021 12:13 am

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12990937)
You don't have to return to Calgary immediately, you could fly somewhere else and rest there for a few days before carrying on with the journey maybe? But if you're a citizen then there's no rush to get back, so don't worry about it and just stay in the UK for now (you'd only have to worry if you were a PR and at risk of losing your PR status). Hopefully you can then travel when things ease a bit, maybe in the summer.

And if you still want advice from those who've moved back to the UK then feel free to ask and they'll try and help.

Good luck.

1, Should note only Montreal, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver are receiving international flights. If the OP returns s/he has to do the mandatory 3 days hotel quarantine at one of the open airports and then could return to his/her home to complete the additional 11 day quarantine.