Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Can I bring my Canadian GF with me to the UK?

Can I bring my Canadian GF with me to the UK?

Old Feb 14th 2018, 3:26 am
Just Joined

ACanadianBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I bring my Canadian GF with me to the UK?

So I've been reading about the spouce and unmarried visa (we have lived together for quite a few years) I couldn't find a clear answer.

If we wanted to move to the UK and I had a job lined up, can she come with me? Or does she need to have the spouce visa before entering? Is there anyway she can come with me and get a visa from in the Uk?

Would really suck for her to be here in Canada and me in the Uk while her visa processes.

Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2018, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring my Canadian GF with me to the UK?

"It's a rich man;s world."
Savings route allows you to jump the queue. You got £67,000 ?
Old Feb 14th 2018, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Visas to live in the UK need to be applied for from the home country.

You need to sponsor her for a settlement visa.

Read the following website to see how you apply:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

You would need to meet the financial requirements: Read the following to see how you could qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

If girlfriend has British or European ancestry she might qualify for visa under her own right.

If she is between 18 and 30 she could also qualify for the Tier 5 Youth mobility visa

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/eligibility
Old Feb 14th 2018, 2:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
"It's a rich man;s world."
Savings route allows you to jump the queue. You got £67,000 ?
The savings route is £62,500 and it doesn't allow you to 'skip the queue'.
Old Feb 14th 2018, 2:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACanadianBrit
So I've been reading about the spouce and unmarried visa (we have lived together for quite a few years) I couldn't find a clear answer.

If we wanted to move to the UK and I had a job lined up, can she come with me? Or does she need to have the spouce visa before entering? Is there anyway she can come with me and get a visa from in the Uk?

Would really suck for her to be here in Canada and me in the Uk while her visa processes.

Thanks
You asked these questions before. You'll need to give more information before anyone can help you.