Cambridgeshire

Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cambridgeshire

Originally Posted by lolly
It was weird at first not having the boys around but we have quickly got used to it.
Just us and the dogs and the parrot now it is wonderful.
They are both coming home for a few days soon so that will be hectic, do miss having all their friends in and out. Eldest Son makes up for that every year for the last 3 years he has come home with 3 of his friends from High School in UK and they stay a
week that is murder.
Well my elders ones are in that horrible tween/teen stage, too big for their own boots and yet incredibly immature.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

You mean when they stay in their rooms and only come out to argue with you or annoy you, when they leave a mess in the kitchen when they have filled their darling little faces.
Yes know what you mean been there
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean when they stay in their rooms and only come out to argue with you or annoy you, when they leave a mess in the kitchen when they have filled their darling little faces.
Yes know what you mean been there
The oldest two are my step kids. The boy, poor thing, is just getting interested in girls but is painfully shy, it's heartbreaking. His sister (12 going on 16) is an absolute nightmare....I only wished she would stay in her room.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

I think boys are much easier
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

kaz1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another cambridge person here my parents still live in Histon currently based in Collegeville pa for the past 5 years.

Neil small world left Hills road in 1994 so just missed you
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:25 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz1975
Another cambridge person here my parents still live in Histon currently based in Collegeville pa for the past 5 years.

Neil small world left Hills road in 1994 so just missed you
You would have been in the same year as my sister then, and if you were in Histon you were very close, I lived near Arbury Primary school. The cycling club I was a member of had time trials starting in Histon every Thursday night (well, actually it was on the A45, but we warmed up around Histon).
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I was born and raised in Cambridge. Lived in Arbury for about 30 years before moving right on the Chesterton border for the last two years before I moved to the US. Lived in and around Phoenix, Arizona the past 5+ years.

I miss the Milton House Chinese take away on Milton Rd. Been back a total of 4 times since leaving.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Used to go to the same chinese !! miss the pancake rolls and curry sauce
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Egg fried rice, sweet and sour chicken balls (substitute S&S for curry sauce) and prawn crackers was my main meal there. Yum!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

We actually get prawn crackers here first US chinese that have been able to find them at. They call them shrimp chips, also loved think it was called the Eros in town a Greek restaurant upstairs near the back of Boots opposite Miss Selfridge. A friend of mine owned the restaurant on the corner opposite the market cannot remember the name of it ??? Italian restaurant.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz1975
I lived on Impington Rd in Histon for a year, near he old railway crossing. This was in the days when the jam factory was still going strong.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do you mean Chivers ???
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean Chivers ???
Yes.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

A friend of mine owned the restaurant on the corner opposite the market cannot remember the name of it ??? Italian restaurant.
I cannot remember what that place was called, but it was across the street from the jewelers that sold the fancy watches at the start of the pedestrian walk way that led to Gardinas(sp) which had one of the best burgers in town. I know this because I use to stumble there on a Friday or Saturday night and order two of them.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes opposite Watches of Switzerland, there used to be a cinema and a pub next door to it the pub was downstairs. It is going to be on my mind now till I remember the name of it.
Yes know the Gardenia thinks thats what it was called.
Do you remember the old guy Trevor who always sat in the market square ?? or was that before your time ??? lol