Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

calling doggy people, where can i get crates from?

calling doggy people, where can i get crates from?

Old May 3rd 2007, 1:05 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calling doggy people, where can i get crates from?

Originally Posted by mandtooz
rung round till im blue in the face today!! included AQIS

wood ok, as above post really

can get one built for $150 or plastic between $400 and $500, anyone in qld, i can forward details if required!

i need BIGGGGGGGG crate! talking giant or XXL, and my pups only 7months old

Hi we are in Queensland and transporting a medium dog and cat sized cat. We laughed at the quote we got from dogtainers until we realised they were serious. lol We would like to do it the cheapest way possible. They have already had their rabies shot and been microchipped so now we just need to pay for the blood tests and then the transportation.

Can you please forward the details of the crate maker and do you know how much you need to pay Qantas if you are doing it yourself?

Thanks
Old May 3rd 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Right i have just rung quantas freight and they are happy to take wooden crates, as long as its constructed by pet transport company! i asked if it had to be big company, i.e dogtainers etc and they said no! could be anyone as long as it met the criteria.......... i said asked politetely (are there too many es in that?!!lol) if he was sure and he said hang on i will check, came back and said yeah no worries! he mention some probs with america but not here (oz)

mand
Hi, No news as yet from Defra. As I'm out for the rest of the day, I've suggested that I'll phone back tomorrow, as I'd like to know if I can use my old crates, why I was told I could'nt?
I'll also confirm with Defra, that so long as the boxes are to spec as outlined in the IATA guidelines, that they can be made by ourselves.
B.A Cargo did'nt have a problem with us making the crates, they were only concearned with complying with the regulations.
Why does it have to be constructed by a pet transport company, if they are built to the regulations?
Anyhow, like I said I'll phone Defra again tommorow, if you want me to ask anything, let me know. I'll check the site before I phone again tomorrow.
Regards.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:16 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alicecat
Hi we are in Queensland and transporting a medium dog and cat sized cat. We laughed at the quote we got from dogtainers until we realised they were serious. lol We would like to do it the cheapest way possible. They have already had their rabies shot and been microchipped so now we just need to pay for the blood tests and then the transportation.

Can you please forward the details of the crate maker and do you know how much you need to pay Qantas if you are doing it yourself?

Thanks

before i collate the info!!!! where abouts are you, im in brisbane....
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:28 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

before i collate the info!!!! where abouts are you, im in brisbane....

Hello! Redcliffe. That is Margate beach in my avatar.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:43 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Hello! Redcliffe. That is Margate beach in my avatar.

brill - not too far for you then, i will copy all the infor when i get back from school run, doing three girlies hair at the moment!

i have just had a very competative quote from a company too, which i can post the details for! i only asked her about crates and she asked if she could quote for doing the work! i must say its attractive - i will call her later and get a feel for her, family run business

right will get back to you later - boy my doggy smells, had his sutures removed for castration and dew claw removal last night, so needs a bath pronto!!
Old May 4th 2007, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

had his sutures removed for castration and dew claw removal last night, so needs a bath pronto!!
castration

Personally believe it's a bloody crime to cut a dogs nuts off You might as well buy a bitch.

I've got a big Ridgeback and he's got the best set of luggage I've ever seen on a dog. No bloody way could I cut those off
Old May 4th 2007, 2:58 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by nzer57
castration

Personally believe it's a bloody crime to cut a dogs nuts off You might as well buy a bitch.

I've got a big Ridgeback and he's got the best set of luggage I've ever seen on a dog. No bloody way could I cut those off

dont go there!!!! i read so much research on it! it was a really difficult decision............ personally i wouldnt mind whether hes a boy or girl, makes no difference to me hes my baby and i love him with all my heart
Old May 4th 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

dont go there!!!! i read so much research on it! it was a really difficult decision............ personally i wouldnt mind whether hes a boy or girl, makes no difference to me hes my baby and i love him with all my heart
I've had 4 dogs and one bitch in my lifetime. Never ever had any of them fixed. They've all been great dogs.

I've never come across a legitimate reason to knacker a dog.
Old May 4th 2007, 3:12 am
going home!!

Thanks

right if you pm me i can email you all the stuff i have off qantas, pricing things, forms, guidelines etc or ring them yourself, i have spoken to all lovely people! ph:1300368747 or email [email protected].

My sizing for dog was difficult cause hes still growing!! and hes huge, im mean needing giant crate at yesterdays measurement! the lady quoted me on phone for $1800 max for the flights, thats allowing for a huge crate which im hoping we will avoid! but there are loads of little extras to pay on top of that, which are listed on the qantas forms!

I have emailed three poeple for xxl or giant crates

1) dogtainers - copied and pasted below:

Extra Large Vari Kennel 100 (L) x 67.5 (W) x 75cm (H) - $357 AUD

Giant Vari Kennel 120 (L) x 80 (W) x 87.5cm (H) - $685 AUD

i actually emailed them back to confirm the giant crate cost!!!

2) [email protected]

they are in logan reserve, ph: 07 3803 3320

they quoted:

"Yes we make the wooden ones and they are $150 each the plastic ones vary from $400 to $500 for his size but you can tray them out"

3)All About Animal Logistics
Professional Pet Transport

"The X-Large plastic Vari Kennels measure 100cm long x 67 wide x 75 high and are approx. AUD 350.00 and the XXL are 120x75x86 - approx. AUD 400.00 - subject to availability. The timber crates can be made to measure, or sometimes I have second hand ones available - it just depends on his size at the time of departure"

now this company, all about animal logistics asked me if i wanted a quote for doing it all for me, and dogtainers etc all quoted around $4500, this lady knew that i was planning on doing it myself, so therefore knew i knew all the prices and costing, but she came back to me with quote for $3590, now i sat and added all the little extras, like time with AQIS prior to flight and final vet bill etc clearance in london blah blah blag and i got it to around 2900, so paying someone 3590 sounds attractive to me, im going to ring her this arvo and have a chat! would save me so much hassle!

anyway enough typing, any question just ask or pm me!

mand
Old May 4th 2007, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Pleased you've got everything sorted.
Regards.
Old May 4th 2007, 5:23 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Pleased you've got everything sorted.
Regards.
pmsl, i answered my own question in the end!!! at least it may help some other people
Old May 4th 2007, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

pmsl, i answered my own question in the end!!! at least it may help some other people
Hi, I have no idea what pmsi means?
Don't wish to appear rude, but pleased you were able to answer your own question in the end. So butting out.
Regards.
Old May 4th 2007, 6:41 am
going home!!

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Hi, I have no idea what pmsi means?
Don't wish to appear rude, but pleased you were able to answer your own question in the end. So butting out.
Regards.

oh gosh i didnt think you were rude sorry if my reply seemed rude back

pmsl, means p***ing my self laughing

was just laughing that i asked the questions bout crates and sorted it myself in the end, but more than happy to help others.... if anyone needs any help im more than happy to help, thats what this site is for me thinks!
Old May 4th 2007, 10:13 pm
Back in the UK

Thanks mandtooz that is really helpful. Luckily we have six months to save up which ever way we go. Good luck with you removal!
Alice
Old May 20th 2007, 11:28 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Our pooch arrived here in oz on MARCH 31st and he came in a timber crate made up especially by the animal transporter company. Not sure when the law changed but we've only recently arrived.

*pearly*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.