Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

calling doggy people, where can i get crates from?

calling doggy people, where can i get crates from?

Old May 1st 2007, 8:37 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calling doggy people, where can i get crates from?

Originally Posted by mandtooz
thats me back to drawing board then!

so where do u get these from, at a good price
I think it'd be worth a call to the Blue Cross over here Mandy, just to ask who there supplier was or is, because almost everything in Perth has to be ordered from over east, so you can almost guarantee that you can buy them where you are.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:07 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I think it'd be worth a call to the Blue Cross over here Mandy, just to ask who there supplier was or is, because almost everything in Perth has to be ordered from over east, so you can almost guarantee that you can buy them where you are.

thick question alert coming up!!!!

what and who are the blue cross

Old May 1st 2007, 9:12 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

thick question alert coming up!!!!

what and who are the blue cross

Haha......animal rescue centres.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Are they the ones they use to ship old people around in

http://www.bluecross.com.au/
Old May 1st 2007, 9:15 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by nzer57
Are they the ones they use to ship old people around in

http://www.bluecross.com.au/
Well some people do like to be buried where their pets are......., so why not?
Old May 1st 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I've just spoken with the animal carriers that exported our animals from the U.K. to Canada (Airpets), and I have been advised that yes the regulations of wood containers has indeed changed. Apparently it was changed 6 months ago, and the wood now has to be from a renewable source. It also apparently has a 'special stamp' programmed all the way through the container. Further advised it would be not practical to arrange shipping ourselves (our dogs are large). So it seems wooden carriers for large animals are still good, if they are made from this 'special' wood, that only exporters can arrange. It was suggested that I liase with a shipping agent in Canada. Nicely stitched up!
Bloody hell it's going to cost me a fortune. Got 9 of the beasts, plus the other critters
Oh well, a dog is for life and all of that!
Regards.
Old May 1st 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi Mand

When our dogs arrived in Oz, they had wooden crates - apparantly though (so I was told the other day), these are now no longer allowed to be used on the airlines, and you have to use the hard plastic ones.

I dont know where you can get them from though? If I happen to find out, I will let you know.

Jo
The pet transport company we used made Archies crate from wood, and hes goin back home in it in june.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:32 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Hi, I've just spoken with the animal carriers that exported our animals from the U.K. to Canada (Airpets), and I have been advised that yes the regulations of wood containers has indeed changed. Apparently it was changed 6 months ago, and the wood now has to be from a renewable source. It also apparently has a 'special stamp' programmed all the way through the container. Further advised it would be not practical to arrange shipping ourselves (our dogs are large). So it seems wooden carriers for large animals are still good, if they are made from this 'special' wood, that only exporters can arrange. It was suggested that I liase with a shipping agent in Canada. Nicely stitched up!
Bloody hell it's going to cost me a fortune. Got 9 of the beasts, plus the other critters
Regards.

why is it not practical to do it yourself because the dog is big? whether they are big or small its the same process>? and likewise you will need a bigger crate, but using a company , you would still need a bigger crate! however i CAN see how having 9 dogs to send back would be more of hassle
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Regards.
Sounds like your getting shipper version about do-it-yourself.

I used to make tailor made timber containers for a a foundary that exported components all over the world. Timber suppliers can easily supply the timber products that meet the specs and supply you with certification docs from the timber mill.

I had quotes of around AU$800 for a cage for a large dog. If I had 9 dogs I would definitely be making my own. Material cost would be less than AU$150 and about 3hrs per cage.

In your case you could expect to save several thousand dolleros
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:10 am
going home!!

Sounds like your getting shipper version about do-it-yourself.

I used to make tailor made timber containers for a a foundary that exported components all over the world. Timber suppliers can easily supply the timber products that meet the specs and supply you with certification docs from the timber mill.

I had quotes of around AU$800 for a cage for a large dog. If I had 9 dogs I would definitely be making my own. Material cost would be less than AU$150 and about 3hrs per cage.

In your case you could expect to save several thousand dolleros

rung round till im blue in the face today!! included AQIS

wood ok, as above post really

can get one built for $150 or plastic between $400 and $500, anyone in qld, i can forward details if required!

i need BIGGGGGGGG crate! talking giant or XXL, and my pups only 7months old
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

rung round till im blue in the face today!! included AQIS

wood ok, as above post really

can get one built for $150 or plastic between $400 and $500, anyone in qld, i can forward details if required!

i need BIGGGGGGGG crate! talking giant or XXL, and my pups only 7months old
Be careful - there's a max size and you have to build to a certain dimension spec, has to have enclosed tray to prevent spillage of dog waste, door has to operate a certain way, no sticky out bits, safe carry handles for cargo staff, size dimensioned so dog can lay down and also turn around.

The carriers have all this info.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:26 am
going home!!

Be careful - there's a max size and you have to build to a certain dimension spec, has to have enclosed tray to prevent spillage of dog waste, door has to operate a certain way, no sticky out bits, safe carry handles for cargo staff, size dimensioned so dog can lay down and also turn around.

The carriers have all this info.

yes thanks for that, i think from what quantas were saying, max wt of 40kgs, he aint that big, actually i will list crates that i was advised of today, may help someone in the future and we help and support on this site!!!!

sky kennel
vati kennel
pp20
pp40
kemalex k11
kemalex k29
kennel cab
pet cargo
wooden - i quote "if recognised by transport company"

hope this helps someone
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

yes thanks for that, i think from what quantas were saying, max wt of 40kgs, he aint that big, actually i will list crates that i was advised of today, may help someone in the future and we help and support on this site!!!!

sky kennel
vati kennel
pp20
pp40
kemalex k11
kemalex k29
kennel cab
pet cargo
wooden - i quote "if recognised by transport company"

hope this helps someone
See specs for Quantas here

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...travellingPets

Note there's no max for the large crate listed Air Express do their work for them so you go through them for info I'm assuming
Old May 2nd 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, Quick posting, hopefully more info later.
I contacted B.A. cargo here in Toronto (I'm in Canada), and the person I spoke with was very helpful. She advised me to contact Defra, which I have done. Defra appeared not to have a problem with the containers I used 4 years ago, so is contacting the shipper I spoke with, and will contact me back. From what I ascertained from the conversation with the lady at Defra, is that so long as the containers comply with the stipulated regulations, (which are all outlined at the IATA web site), then she can't see a problem. She did state the containers have to be of solid wood. Also the IATA guidelines clearly state that "specially constructed containers of hardwood, metal, plywood or similar material with two secure door fasteners on each side are acceptable". So hopefully can still use our old boxes, as well as build some new ones.
I'll post more, when I know more.
Regards.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:32 pm
going home!!

Right i have just rung quantas freight and they are happy to take wooden crates, as long as its constructed by pet transport company! i asked if it had to be big company, i.e dogtainers etc and they said no! could be anyone as long as it met the criteria.......... i said asked politetely (are there too many es in that?!!lol) if he was sure and he said hang on i will check, came back and said yeah no worries! he mention some probs with america but not here (oz)

mand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.