British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   bye bye land of Oz! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/bye-bye-land-oz-588555/)

onepearlyb Feb 1st 2009 7:58 pm

bye bye land of Oz!

Bye everyone.We leave this afternoon, get into London Tues a.m.We collect the dog on Wed and drive up to York then to start 2 months of hotels and holiday let accomodation while we look for somewhere to buy hopefully.

Apparently Yorkshire's received 5 inches of snow overnight!! Can't believe I'm doing this.Feels like I am being PLUNGED from one life into another SO QUICKLY. Like no time to adjust - and yet there's been months! I cried most of yesterday - even when I was at the tennis finals!!!! Just couldn't help it. Suppose I'm scared we're going back to nothing, whereas here we have "something" albeit it all difficult and not secure stuff.

I will let you all know how things are once we are back and settled.
Thanks for all your posts guys.All the best.

Much love,
*pearly*

quoll Feb 1st 2009 8:30 pm

Re: bye bye land of Oz!

All the best Pearly! Just think of this as another step in the adventure of life. I hope the job and home thing falls into place for you.

Tr1boy Feb 1st 2009 8:36 pm

Good luck:thumbup: Keep us posted.

Mummy in the foothills Feb 1st 2009 10:00 pm

Good luck pearly, have a good flight.

dickchap Feb 1st 2009 10:21 pm

Pearly, don't be scared. You know in your heart you are doing the right thing. Hope you have a good flight and good life in the UK. All the best. Lets us know how you get on. Enjoy the snow!!:thumbsup:

Marmalade Feb 1st 2009 10:24 pm

Good luck Pearly, it's only natural to be nervous. You will be just fine:thumbsup:

sans Feb 1st 2009 10:27 pm

Keep your chin up :D and all the best..........Yep its been snowing, we have only got a light dusting in North Linc's and its stopped for now. We was in Hull earlier today and it was the same there.

3 go mad in Adelaide Feb 1st 2009 10:35 pm

Best of luck hun, here's to your next big adventure!:thumbsup:

manc1 Feb 1st 2009 10:43 pm

Good luck, Lovely place York.

bithbheo Feb 1st 2009 10:45 pm

have a great flight and may all your dreams come true once you are on home soil.......:thumbsup: remember savour every moment and be patient. :D

englishinfl Feb 1st 2009 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by onepearlyb (Post 7237072)
Bye everyone.We leave this afternoon, get into London Tues a.m.We collect the dog on Wed and drive up to York then to start 2 months of hotels and holiday let accomodation while we look for somewhere to buy hopefully.

Apparently Yorkshire's received 5 inches of snow overnight!! Can't believe I'm doing this.Feels like I am being PLUNGED from one life into another SO QUICKLY. Like no time to adjust - and yet there's been months! I cried most of yesterday - even when I was at the tennis finals!!!! Just couldn't help it. Suppose I'm scared we're going back to nothing, whereas here we have "something" albeit it all difficult and not secure stuff.

I will let you all know how things are once we are back and settled.
Thanks for all your posts guys.All the best.

Much love,
*pearly*

All the best Pearly, you'll be ok mate. Once you hit English soil again and the emotions have subsided, and you realise you're home, you'll soon get back into it.
I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you. :)

Be safe.

Fleaflyfloflum Feb 1st 2009 11:28 pm

Bon voyage Pearly. You'll be fine.

Daughter just sent me a video of it snowing there. Its beautiful!!! Look forward to hearing from you. :thumbsup:

Cheetah7 Feb 2nd 2009 12:10 am

Pearly, you are just going from one stage in your life to another.

Take it easy and it will all fall into place.

kevin747 Feb 2nd 2009 12:27 am

Once again ,all the best
Safe home

Bevm Feb 2nd 2009 1:29 am

Have a ball, Pearly!

Bev :)