Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

buying a house sight unseen. !!!!

buying a house sight unseen. !!!!

Old May 17th 2018, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond reputePrairieWriter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a house sight unseen. !!!!

We've been slightly tempted to do this, but have decided against it. Yes, we've seen properties we've liked disappear off the market, but we've also seen some great ones pop on again! Right now, we have a couple of viewings booked for May 31st. We arrive in Scotland on May 29th, so it's quite the parachute-in business! With this all said, have you considered booking a viewing well in advance? The sellers may not accept another offer before you arrive, just in case your offer is better... Just a thought!
Old May 20th 2018, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PW
My DD put her house in Scotland on the market on Monday last and had an offer of 105% on the Monday evening.
The market can vary a lot depending on the market conditions; the type of property and the location.
I would ask myself why a property on sale at the moment would still be available on May 31st.
Some of the online websites used by UK estate agents show you when the property first became available.
If you have not already found the online sites then let me know and I will post you the links.
Old May 20th 2018, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree except there are a few issues with renting:
Not always able to get a property in the location wanted,
not always allowed to carry out any changes, such as to garden in rented,
no real permanence due to changes in the law regarding landlords selling,
not sure about rent financial controls can they go up yearly?,
bad landlord issue?

just a few thoughts.