Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

BRP for Returning Resident (UK)

BRP for Returning Resident (UK)

Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Santa3d is an unknown quantity at this point
Question BRP for Returning Resident (UK)

Hi,

I got my permanent residency before in UK. But as away from UK for more than 2 years I have applied and received Returning Residency. It is stating it is valid for 6 months. But I have not received any Biometric Residency Card or any decision letter stating to collect it. I not found much information about the process of returning residency visa holders . So could you advice, after entering UK, how to get Residency Card? Could you help if you have any information related to this. Many Thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRP for Returning Resident (UK)

Originally Posted by Santa3d
Hi,

I got my permanent residency before in UK. But as away from UK for more than 2 years I have applied and received Returning Residency. It is stating it is valid for 6 months. But I have not received any Biometric Residency Card or any decision letter stating to collect it. I not found much information about the process of returning residency visa holders . So could you advice, after entering UK, how to get Residency Card? Could you help if you have any information related to this. Many Thanks.
Are you sure that the 6 months doesn't just mean you have 6 months to return to the UK to live? As far as I'm aware a Returning Resident visa allows you to live permanently in the UK. Hopefully others will be able to give more info.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Santa3d is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea thats right...I need to go to UK with in 6 months. But once I arrive do I need to apply for a Biometric Residency Permit card (how?) ? As after 6 months if I go outside UK, say for holiday, then what I will show If I have no residency card and that time returning residency stamp validity period will be expired. But not getting any further instruction about it for returning resident. I have not received any other documents stating anything about it. Any help please?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What else does your vignette say? Any observations?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Kgb23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea thats right...I need to go to UK with in 6 months. But once I arrive do I need to apply for a Biometric Residency Permit card (how?) ? As after 6 months if I go outside UK, say for holiday, then what I will show If I have no residency card and that time returning residency stamp validity period will be expired. But not getting any further instruction about it for returning resident. I have not received any other documents stating anything about it. Any help please?
I am in the exact same situation, did you ever resolve it and get a biometric card??
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kgb23
I am in the exact same situation, did you ever resolve it and get a biometric card??
Same question; what else does your vignette say? Any observations?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Same question; what else does your vignette say? Any observations?
its says :
visa type: returning resident
number of entries: mult
observ: work permitted

I never received any letter or info on a biometric card from the home office so do I even need one?
I’ve just entered the UK so if I need one I have 10 days to find out where to pick it up from.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:03 pm

its says :
visa type: returning resident
number of entries: mult
observ: work permitted

I never received any letter or info on a biometric card from the home office so do I even need one?
I’ve just entered the UK so if I need one I have 10 days to find out where to pick it up from.
And the validity period? What was the stamp you received at the border?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

And the validity period? What was the stamp you received at the border?
the stamp just had the immigration officers #, the date I entered the UK -and the airport- nothing else
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:36 pm

the stamp just had the immigration officers #, the date I entered the UK -and the airport- nothing else
I suspect this is what you'll need:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...in-uk-form-ntl

You should provide both the passport that contains your Returning Resident visa and your previous BRP and/or passport that contains your previous ILR/ILE visa/stamp.

Last edited by BritInParis; Apr 20th 2018 at 7:38 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

I suspect this is what you'll need

You should provide both the passport that contains your Returning Resident visa and your previous BRP and/or passport that contains your previous ILR/ILE visa/stamp.
i had my ilr stamp and stayed out of the uk over two years so i applied and got my returning resident visa reinstated so therefore if im a returning resident i dont think i need to do another application !?? and pay another £650??!!
if im a returning resident that should mean i can stay in the UK and work? indefinitely??? i just am not sure if i need a biometric card or not?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

what was your outcome with this?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

what was your outcome with this?
The OP only made those two posts in November had hasn't posted since, so will, almost certainly, not see your posts.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:22 pm

i had my ilr stamp and stayed out of the uk over two years so i applied and got my returning resident visa reinstated so therefore if im a returning resident i dont think i need to do another application !?? and pay another £650??!!
if im a returning resident that should mean i can stay in the UK and work? indefinitely??? i just am not sure if i need a biometric card or not?
Them’s the breaks, but it’s £229, not £650. You would need a BRP even if you had stayed in the UK. What you have in your passport is enough to come and go from the UK but you’ll need a BRP for everything else.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Default Re: BRP for Returning Resident

Them’s the breaks, but it’s £229, not £650. You would need a BRP even if you had stayed in the UK. What you have in your passport is enough to come and go from the UK but you’ll need a BRP for everything else.
On the gov.uk website though under “ what a BRP is...?” It states that if you applied for visa to settle in the UK, or to stay in the uk longer than 6 months, etc. and your application was approved you don’t need to apply separately for a BRP ? That if you applied from outside the UK you need to pick it up when you enter the UK within 10 days???? I emailed the post office for info on picking up my brp and they told me to call the uk border force??? It’s all as clear as mud to me at this point! I emailed the home office website and their response was to say ‘ oh it seems your visa is only valid for 6 months you will need to apply again,?? So obviously they didn’t understand that I had entered within the 6 months and now need clarification on whether or not I need a brp and the process for either picking up one or applying to get one if necessary ... I’m trying to figure it all out before the 10 day period passes. Anyway I appreciate all your input, I will update when I hear back or get some sort of clarification . I was hoping the person that posted originally would had updated since I’m in the same position... sigh... oh well... something will work out hopefully soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.