British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Brits out Micheal Phelps golden boy image.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/brits-out-micheal-phelps-golden-boy-image-588560/)

Islandgurl Feb 1st 2009 8:15 pm

Brits out Micheal Phelps golden boy image..

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...s-apology.html

cindyabs Feb 1st 2009 8:41 pm

Re: Brits out Micheal Phelps golden boy image..

It's on OUR news also.

paul1968mcr Feb 1st 2009 8:46 pm

Funny how people show so much regret AFTER they get caught.

britvic Feb 1st 2009 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr (Post 7237228)

Silly silly boy.

AmerLisa Feb 1st 2009 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr (Post 7237228)

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of feel like the regret was getting caught.....not the deed itself.

Giantaxe Feb 1st 2009 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7237649)
I was thinking the same thing. Kind of feel like the regret was getting caught.....not the deed itself.

Um, what did he do wrong? Marijuana is relatively harmless compared to alcohol and tobacco.

AmerLisa Feb 1st 2009 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 7237662)
Um, what did he do wrong? Marijuana is relatively harmless compared to alcohol and tobacco.

Last time I heard, it was illegal. The rest should be pretty obvious.....

Giantaxe Feb 1st 2009 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7237668)
Last time I heard, it was illegal. The rest should be pretty obvious.....

Great, so like tens of millions of other Americans - including dozens around me at a concert in San Francisco last night - he illegally smoked a little marijuana. Count me rather underwhelmed.

AmerLisa Feb 1st 2009 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 7237678)
Great, so like tens of millions of other Americans - including dozens around me at a concert in San Francisco last night - he illegally smoked a little marijuana. Count me rather underwhelmed.

Well its the little guy sitting next to you that doesn't count. However, its the bigger guy that has millions in endorsements, etc that should count. You may be "underwhelmed" but I as a parent wouldn't be.

Giantaxe Feb 1st 2009 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7237683)
Well its the little guy sitting next to you that doesn't count. However, its the bigger guy that has millions in endorsements, etc that should count. You may be "underwhelmed" but I as a parent wouldn't be.

So parents should prefer their children to use legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco instead?

AmerLisa Feb 1st 2009 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 7237690)
So parents should prefer their children to use legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco instead?

I don't know....do they? Hey, let's ask Prince Charles.....do you think he thought it was ok that his son (Harry) was smoking marijuana and drinking at a party?

Giantaxe Feb 1st 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7237709)
I don't know....do they? Hey, let's ask Prince Charles.....do you think he thought it was ok that his son (Harry) was smoking marijuana and drinking at a party?

I have no idea what Prince Charles thinks and nor do I think he is a particularly good role model as a parent anyway. But this parent would prefer that his (adult) children smoked an occasional joint than smoked tobacco or drank alcolhol on a regular basis. Of course, I would hope that they were brought up to do anything in moderation.

AmerLisa Feb 1st 2009 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 7237714)
I have no idea what Prince Charles thinks and nor do I think he is a particularly good role model as a parent anyway. But this parent would prefer that his (adult) children smoked an occasional joint than smoked tobacco or drank alcolhol on a regular basis. Of course, I would hope that they were brought up to do anything in moderation.

So smoking a joint occasionally is preferable to drinking alcohol, let's say occasionally? Just out of curiosity, why?

Hiro11 Feb 1st 2009 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 7237714)
... this parent would prefer that his (adult) children smoked an occasional joint than smoked tobacco or drank alcolhol on a regular basis.

Complete agreement. The insanity of pot prohibition should end.

Giantaxe Feb 1st 2009 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7237735)
So smoking a joint occasionally is preferable to drinking alcohol, let's say occasionally? Just out of curiosity, why?

Some reasons in here:

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/