Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Old May 28th 2008, 6:12 pm
Curry Magnet

One Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant future
Default Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Hi, found this forum and see that there are some other Brits that have made it to Amish country, or near. I wanted to send PMs to them but the rules say I can't until I've made 3 posts in the forum.

I'm married to Linda, an ex-pat New Yorker and I will have been in the US for three years on June 8th. Spent the first 18 months living in New Philadelphia up in Schuylkill County and the last 18 months here in Lancaster.

I came over from Wycombe but also lived in London, Bracknell, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and Ayr.

I miss good curries, decent bacon, gravy granules, fish & chips and being able to buy beer or liquor in supermarkets.

Thanks to t'internet there's no British shows that I miss.

Linda and I would love to make contact with other ex-pats in the Lancaster area so please drop us an email if you fancy hooking up sometime....or just saying "Hi".

<<Removed email address. Use Private Messaging function when applicable>>

Dave

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jun 2nd 2008 at 2:00 pm. Reason: See post
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

stevet2607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brits in Lancaster, PA area or near?

Hi Dave
We live in Mount Joy in Lancaster county. Been here on a work visa just over a year. We've been lucky to get home every 3 months or so, but still miss the UK. Where in Lancaster do you guys live?
Steve
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Lesterbrock is an unknown quantity at this point

I now live in sinking Spring which is not far from Lancaster!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:28 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Intercourse, anyone?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Intercourse, anyone?
Come again?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

There was a real Fish n chip shop on the corner of the main street (cant remember the name) and 9th in Lebanon PA.

I deliver there quite often to wengerts dairy (Swizz maid) on wlanut street, in fact I am often around the area, there are two places I deliver to in Lebanon, one in Hanover and one in Lancaster.

Nice area
Old Jul 21st 2009, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

I am in Philly and can tell you where to get bacon, sausage and all other sorts of goodies

No one can help with the State Liquor Control Board however
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

joeyreider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevet2607
Hi Dave
We live in Mount Joy in Lancaster county. Been here on a work visa just over a year. We've been lucky to get home every 3 months or so, but still miss the UK. Where in Lancaster do you guys live?
Steve
I am in Elizabethtown. Been here 3 years now and still craving British food.
Would love to meet up with local Brits for tea & hobnobs!
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

uslynnukandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hershey Here 17yr veteran...

miss sitting in the pub with a good cider/bitter awww just about any drink. miss the people.

One thing i really would love to do and have not since i have been here is enjoy watching football with Expats.

ESPN carring games every Saturday and get together for England game s woulb be really fun ????? anyone do this or know a Bar/Pub that does ?????
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Family_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of lightFamily_Guy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uslynnukandrew
Hershey Here 17yr veteran...

miss sitting in the pub with a good cider/bitter awww just about any drink. miss the people.

One thing i really would love to do and have not since i have been here is enjoy watching football with Expats.

ESPN carring games every Saturday and get together for England game s woulb be really fun ????? anyone do this or know a Bar/Pub that does ?????
I am a bit far away but my local bar has Setanta, Fox Soccer and ESPN2, AND Magners cider together with a full breakfast of real sausage and bacon.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Where is a bit far away good drinks football on tv and breakie all in one place the only place to far away is GB
Old Sep 16th 2009, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Where is a bit far away good drinks football on tv and breakie all in one place the only place to far away is GB
Just outside Philly. There are also a number of Bars downtown with Soccer, real breakfast and Cider - have a weekend away. We generaly start in time for the early game at 7.00 am
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Riddles pub next to the mall in Lima PA has mangers and most brit beers, it's right next to US1 before McDonnalds.

I deliver to Quigleys candy in Elizabeth town now and then and Hersheys chocolate factory .... the security boss there is English.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

AH your talking about Reggie "traffic cop in England"

He is a good egg,
Patrick do you still deliver to hershey chocolate ?????? If so when ??????

I work there, but don't remember you coming in ?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

AH your talking about Reggie "traffic cop in England"

He is a good egg,
Patrick do you still deliver to hershey chocolate ?????? If so when ??????

I work there, but don't remember you coming in ?

Well Reggie does I'll bet

I get it once in a while, always liquid sugar to track 6, some biggish bloke unloads me mostly. I never know when I am going untill the day before and it can months between deliveries or 3 days in a row.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.