Brits in Charleston SC

Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of
Smile Brits in Charleston SC

Any Brits in Charleston or surrounding area?????? Love to chat, meet with some!!!!!!! Moved here 2 years ago from Upstate Greenville.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brits in Charleston SC

Originally Posted by aes1
Any Brits in Charleston or surrounding area?????? Love to chat, meet with some!!!!!!! Moved here 2 years ago from Upstate Greenville.
Am sure there are... do a google search. There are lots of us in Greenville as you know
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome!
Im in the Myrtle Beach area not too far from you! I organize an Expat group here.
we are having a meet up next weekend if your interested in making a little trek to the beach!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

highway 17 charleston to myrtle beach about 99 miles wish I was closer
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
highway 17 charleston to myrtle beach about 99 miles wish I was closer
Come on down! its not tooo bad! only an hour or two drive?! Make a weekend of it!
Have a look at the site.....brit.meetup.com/268 and you can at least sign up.
We will be traveling out of town for road trips etc... for meets, so we can come to Charleston theres a few things on our event calendar in the next month or so.
we are Brit and Euro too, all Expats that have a lot in common
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Am sure there are... do a google search. There are lots of us in Greenville as you know
Just realised your in Greenville? quite a ways away) theres one in columbia too if thats closer?
Old Aug 11th 2007, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tbag
Just realised your in Greenville? quite a ways away) theres one in columbia too if thats closer?

There is a very large Brit community here in Greenville. with a number of social clubs etc. I visit Myrtle Beach usually a couple of times a year.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I was in North Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago and took the drive down the Charlston to visit Fort Sumter and the Drayton Hall plantation, which was all extremely interesting. You certainly don't have any problem finding a miniture golf course in Myrtle Beach.

Took us a little over 2 hrs to get the Charlston by the way, but the drive through Myrtle Beach on the 17 takes awhile with all the lights.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Muswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond reputeMuswell Hill has a reputation beyond repute

There is a very large Brit community here in Greenville. with a number of social clubs etc. I visit Myrtle Beach usually a couple of times a year.
My SIL and BIL live in Greenville. I have never once met another Brit there. Where are the social clubs and when do they meet?

I might be moving back to Chucktown in a month or 2 too. Used to live there when i went to MUSC.

Where do you live (OP'er) in Chucktown?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

I live on James Island, work at Folly Beach. Oh what a beautiful place! Except right now with heat index in 100s, humidity worse than a steam room, and giant biting bugs and no see ums also!

Lived in Gvlle 18 years, only ever knew one English person, but then I wasn't looking back then. When in Rome.......Seems age, along with wrinkles, brings nostalgia with it too!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill
My SIL and BIL live in Greenville. I have never once met another Brit there. Where are the social clubs and when do they meet?

I might be moving back to Chucktown in a month or 2 too. Used to live there when i went to MUSC.

Where do you live (OP'er) in Chucktown?
mostly social get togethers surprised you never met any...most been here a very long time