British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Brits in Charleston SC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/brits-charleston-sc-472851/)

aes1 Aug 9th 2007 1:58 pm

Brits in Charleston SC

Any Brits in Charleston or surrounding area?????? Love to chat, meet with some!!!!!!! Moved here 2 years ago from Upstate Greenville. :)

southern comfort Aug 9th 2007 2:51 pm

Re: Brits in Charleston SC

Originally Posted by aes1 (Post 5168419)
Any Brits in Charleston or surrounding area?????? Love to chat, meet with some!!!!!!! Moved here 2 years ago from Upstate Greenville. :)

Am sure there are... do a google search. There are lots of us in Greenville as you know:p

Tbag Aug 9th 2007 8:57 pm

Hello and welcome! :D
Im in the Myrtle Beach area not too far from you! I organize an Expat group here.
we are having a meet up next weekend if your interested in making a little trek to the beach! :cool:

southern comfort Aug 9th 2007 9:15 pm

highway 17 charleston to myrtle beach about 99 miles wish I was closer:(

Tbag Aug 9th 2007 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by southern comfort (Post 5170316)
highway 17 charleston to myrtle beach about 99 miles wish I was closer:(

Come on down! its not tooo bad! only an hour or two drive?! ;) Make a weekend of it!
Have a look at the site.....brit.meetup.com/268 and you can at least sign up.
We will be traveling out of town for road trips etc... for meets, so we can come to Charleston :D theres a few things on our event calendar in the next month or so.
we are Brit and Euro too, all Expats that have a lot in common :thumbsup:

Tbag Aug 9th 2007 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by southern comfort (Post 5168641)
Am sure there are... do a google search. There are lots of us in Greenville as you know:p

Just realised your in Greenville? :( quite a ways away) theres one in columbia too if thats closer? :)

southern comfort Aug 11th 2007 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tbag (Post 5170572)
Just realised your in Greenville? :( quite a ways away) theres one in columbia too if thats closer? :)

There is a very large Brit community here in Greenville. with a number of social clubs etc. I visit Myrtle Beach usually a couple of times a year.

Pimpbot Aug 11th 2007 5:37 pm

I was in North Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago and took the drive down the Charlston to visit Fort Sumter and the Drayton Hall plantation, which was all extremely interesting. You certainly don't have any problem finding a miniture golf course in Myrtle Beach. :lol:

Took us a little over 2 hrs to get the Charlston by the way, but the drive through Myrtle Beach on the 17 takes awhile with all the lights.

Muswell Hill Aug 12th 2007 4:24 am

Originally Posted by southern comfort (Post 5176957)
There is a very large Brit community here in Greenville. with a number of social clubs etc. I visit Myrtle Beach usually a couple of times a year.

My SIL and BIL live in Greenville. I have never once met another Brit there:(. Where are the social clubs and when do they meet?

I might be moving back to Chucktown in a month or 2 too. Used to live there when i went to MUSC.

Where do you live (OP'er) in Chucktown?

aes1 Aug 12th 2007 12:38 pm

I live on James Island, work at Folly Beach. Oh what a beautiful place! Except right now with heat index in 100s, humidity worse than a steam room, and giant biting bugs and no see ums also!

Lived in Gvlle 18 years, only ever knew one English person, but then I wasn't looking back then. When in Rome.......Seems age, along with wrinkles, brings nostalgia with it too!:(

southern comfort Aug 12th 2007 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Muswell Hill (Post 5178577)
My SIL and BIL live in Greenville. I have never once met another Brit there:(. Where are the social clubs and when do they meet?

I might be moving back to Chucktown in a month or 2 too. Used to live there when i went to MUSC.

Where do you live (OP'er) in Chucktown?

mostly social get togethers surprised you never met any...most been here a very long time