Britain is a good place.

Old Aug 12th 2008, 3:03 am
  #136  
I don't give a damn
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Crystal,

yes you a right I'm used to a better standard of living and it is a matter of fact that you have a higher standard of living in Germany on less money then you would here.. ..even in a town like Hamburg or Duesseldorf were I'm from(both very expensive city's)
My husband earns an higher then average income..even for London and we can afford a 350k which is a lot of money for a house but you get nothing for it..you have seen the house on the programme..that house was in a rubbish street and you have see the state of it..that was on for 370k..or was it 380k?
Absolutely pathetic...

And no I don't want anything special..just a normal home fit for humans to live in.


One thing ...the reason the rental law works in Germany is that people feel at home and treat it as such..If they are decorate their own home..why would they destroy it?
I think that's why our landlord is so happy with us..we treat this house like our own and keep it like this..make repairs not even bothering the Landlord with it.
I guess its a culture thing...

The reason I did the programme was to show that they are alternatives to buying or renting a house in the UK.

I am sorry if i offend anyone, but you are talking absolute bogshite!! "a home fit to live in"? If you consider Woodford Crescent not fit for humans to live in you seriously have delusions of granduer. Of course it isnt millionaires row, but the homes there are perfectly habitable, in fact most can and do look very nice if looked after!
If you can afford better but refuse to pay for it then i am sorry but thats YOUR fault! Not the UKs! You either pay the going rate or bugger off somewhere else simple as that
Stop being a snob with short arms and long pockets
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 3:31 am
  #137  
Banned
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,252
livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Like somebody wrote above..must have something to do with unemployment..but don't worry..UK is on the way down and Germany on the way up...
I hate to be the one to break this to you but Germany's Finance structure is actually worsening much like the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7546922.stm

Most of German commerce is based on exporting goods to other countries which basically means that as everyone starts thinking about money issues and instead of buying premium products (generally this is what germany has). People will buy cheaper products which the Germans do not make...therefore Germany now has to rely on it's own economy which has never been that great to begin with.

I hate to say it but there are very little places in the world that is not affected by the US and UK economies and considering they are both heading towards a recession/general economic slowdown then there are very few countries in the world that will be able to maintain a good steady economy.

The worst part about it is that the UK and US wont be affected by this nearly as much as poorer countries. This is because to recover an economy the two countries will need to import less and be more self sufficient (which drives the need to more workers) which probably increases the need for immigration and thus the UK becomes ever more over populated.

I hate to bring the mood of this forum down so to finish off i need to say something positive...The premier league starts on the Weekend
livermanl is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:32 am
  #138  
BE Enthusiast
 
eurotramp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 983
eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I am sorry if i offend anyone, but you are talking absolute bogshite!! "a home fit to live in"? If you consider Woodford Crescent not fit for humans to live in you seriously have delusions of granduer. Of course it isnt millionaires row, but the homes there are perfectly habitable, in fact most can and do look very nice if looked after!
If you can afford better but refuse to pay for it then i am sorry but thats YOUR fault! Not the UKs! You either pay the going rate or bugger off somewhere else simple as that
Stop being a snob with short arms and long pockets

For gods sake..keep your knickers on
I didn't mean woodford crescent..I was talking about the house in the programme....it helps if you can read and I also said what we can afford...and not what we can afford but not going to..I dont mind to live in WC..but you wouldn't get anything for that price here either..there is a bungalow which the owner seriously trying to sell for over half a million pound..totally deluded..ah well after month and month they are down now to 450k...
eurotramp is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:59 am
  #139  
I don't give a damn
 
Fleaflyfloflum's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: In the arms of my family. Heaven...
Posts: 4,980
Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by eurotramp
For gods sake..keep your knickers on
I didn't mean woodford crescent..I was talking about the house in the programme....it helps if you can read and I also said what we can afford...and not what we can afford but not going to..I dont mind to live in WC..but you wouldn't get anything for that price here either..there is a bungalow which the owner seriously trying to sell for over half a million pound..totally deluded..ah well after month and month they are down now to 450k...
Dont be so presumptious. I may not be a knicker wearer!
Fleaflyfloflum is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:04 am
  #140  
BE Enthusiast
 
eurotramp's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Middlesex
Posts: 983
eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Dont be so presumptious. I may not be a knicker wearer!
Oh well..whatever floats your boat ..knickers, g string, latex or fresh air
eurotramp is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:38 pm
  #141  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 723
crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Crystal,

yes you a right I'm used to a better standard of living and it is a matter of fact that you have a higher standard of living in Germany on less money then you would here.. ..even in a town like Hamburg or Duesseldorf were I'm from(both very expensive city's)
My husband earns an higher then average income..even for London and we can afford a 350k which is a lot of money for a house but you get nothing for it..you have seen the house on the programme..that house was in a rubbish street and you have see the state of it..that was on for 370k..or was it 380k?
Absolutely pathetic...

And no I don't want anything special..just a normal home fit for humans to live in.


One thing ...the reason the rental law works in Germany is that people feel at home and treat it as such..If they are decorate their own home..why would they destroy it?
I think that's why our landlord is so happy with us..we treat this house like our own and keep it like this..make repairs not even bothering the Landlord with it.
I guess its a culture thing...

The reason I did the programme was to show that they are alternatives to buying or renting a house in the UK.

This is the last post I'm making to you on this subject. We are going round in circles. You don't like where you are living because you think it is beneath you, you don't like the rental laws in the UK and you say your standard of living was higher in Germany.

Most of the posters on this forum don't like where they are living but are doing something about it and what I just do not understand is if you don't like Woodford Crescent then move somewhere else and don't say there aren't any other houses because I had a quick look on rightmove and there are plenty of very nice houses in the region of what you are paying now and in nicer roads than Woodford Crescent.

And before you ask how I know I was brought up in Ruislip and my husband is from Northwood so I do know those areas and the surrounding ones really well.

We moved to South Bucks quite a few years ago and had a higher standard of living in the UK than we do in Australia so if your SOL was better in Germany then I do understand how you feel but as I said before you aren't doing anything about it.

I 100% agree with you about the house you viewed in the programme. Yes it was a serious sh*thole and on the market for an absolutely stupid amount of money. But who chose to view it?. You or the programme makers? Why choose the shittiest, tiniest little house in a crappy street and make out it was the norm for the area. And why only view one house? Come on... still programme makers never let facts get in the way of a good story to pull in viewers do they?

Just one final thing. If you are still hankering after Bucks your 350K pounds will actually buy you quite alot there now. I look on rightmove every week to check the prices and there are quite a few houses in really nice roads in lovely villages in that price bracket. Probably the best buy is a 4 bedroom detached house up for 350K GBP reduced from 400K GBP and as a friend of mine is marketing it thru her estate agents I know for a fact they will take an offer on it.

There are other houses around the 360/370K GBP mark that have been on the market for a year and the owners of those will take offers on those too.

There is alot you can do to improve your life but you give the impression you don't like living in the UK and you aren't sure what you really want.

You'll probably think I'm having a go at you but I'm really not. I actually sympathise with you. It's no fun living in a place where you aren't happy. But if things are so bad for you in the UK get off your backside and change your life.

My last comment on the subject. Good luck. Bye
crystal23 is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:44 pm
  #142  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,913
Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Dont be so presumptious. I may not be a knicker wearer!
You wear underpants then Y fronts...Noooooooooooooooo!!!
Nu-Shooz is offline  
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:57 pm
  #143  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 57
Gettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to allGettingtheflipout is a name known to all
Default Re: Britain is a good place.

She's a thong lass, by all accounts, and god bless 'er!
Gettingtheflipout is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.