British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Britain and America voted the worst places to bring up kids (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/britain-america-voted-worst-places-bring-up-kids-426730/)

moving2montreal Feb 14th 2007 12:10 pm

Britain and America voted the worst places to bring up kids

apparently sweden and holland are the best places. in england the schooling opportunities are poor, youth drunkenness and teen pregnancies are rampant. the youth of england see no hope for the future.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Wcgwc&refer=uk

Iain Mc Feb 14th 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Britain and America voted the worst places to bring up kids

Are you the sort that enjoys throwing lit matches into firework factories?

:)

Lord Pom Percy Feb 14th 2007 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by moving2montreal (Post 4403459)
apparently sweden and holland are the best places. in england the schooling opportunities are poor, youth drunkenness and teen pregnancies are rampant. the youth of england see no hope for the future.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Wcgwc&refer=uk

Yes, l guess their just telling us what everyone already knew, except OZ is the best place for kids not Sweden and Holland.:thumbup:

Lord Pom Percy Feb 14th 2007 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Iain Mc (Post 4404104)
Are you the sort that enjoys throwing lit matches into firework factories?

:)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cabritpop Feb 14th 2007 3:54 pm

There is a thread on this in TIO on this forum.

Cheers, 'ave a crackin' day.

THEGREATIDIOT Feb 14th 2007 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by cabritpop (Post 4404274)
There is a thread on this in TIO on this forum.

Cheers, 'ave a crackin' day.

What a load of bs. There's certainly a helluva lot more opportunity in the UK than here. Bugger all chance of anything round these parts.

And if I ever have any kids, I don't want to bring them up here, so they can become good little brainwashed aussies. The thought is simply nauseating.

thunderbird65 Feb 14th 2007 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy (Post 4404173)
Yes, l guess their just telling us what everyone already knew, except OZ is the best place for kids not Sweden and Holland.:thumbup:

uoted from the WEST AUSTRALIAN NEWSPAER 15 FEB 2007

'Australian children are growing up on poorer households, dying more often in their first year of life and suffering more fatal injuries than children living in the worlds other richest nations.

A comprehensive unicef report. nearly 10% of young australians live in households where no adult is employedthe highest rate of all oecd countries except hungary.

check out www.thewest.com.au

Are you proud of that too then LPP. put things into the right perspective.

good job we all know most aussies not like u.

FPM Feb 14th 2007 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by thunderbird65 (Post 4405931)
uoted from the WEST AUSTRALIAN NEWSPAER 15 FEB 2007

'Australian children are growing up on poorer households, dying more often in their first year of life and suffering more fatal injuries than children living in the worlds other richest nations.

A comprehensive unicef report. nearly 10% of young australians live in households where no adult is employedthe highest rate of all oecd countries except hungary.

check out www.thewest.com.au

Are you proud of that too then LPP. put things into the right perspective.

good job we all know most aussies not like u.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

gruffbrown Feb 14th 2007 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy (Post 4404173)

For what? Being attacked by a poisonous animal? :thumbup:

kevinl Feb 14th 2007 11:02 pm

I don't think Australia was included in this survey, according to "today Tonight" anyway.

THEGREATIDIOT Feb 14th 2007 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by kevinl (Post 4405975)
I don't think Australia was included in this survey, according to "today Tonight" anyway.

Now there's a bastion of truthful journalism - NOT!

thunderbird65 Feb 14th 2007 11:06 pm

I put the article on a new thread, doesnt make good reading for many 'developed countries but for the likes of LPP and others it is better to get a true perspective. Only thing is how do they arrive at these results. kids today know far more at say 10yrs old than we would have done even 20yrs ago. err progress i suppose. :unsure:

Geordie George Feb 14th 2007 11:06 pm

But that program told me t'other week that eating margerine will send me blind, so I'm not entirely convinced of it's journalistic credentials.

FPM Feb 14th 2007 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie George (Post 4405989)
But that program told me t'other week that eating margerine will send me blind, so I'm not entirely convinced of it's journalistic credentials.

If that margerine was sold to you by a dodgy Lebanese builder with fat children who is fiddling Centrelink, then yes, it will make you go blind.:lol:

Lord Pom Percy Feb 14th 2007 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown (Post 4405957)
For what? Being attacked by a poisonous animal? :thumbup:

If you look at the statistics more people are killed by wasp and bee stings in the Uk each year then people in OZ killed by snake and spider bites.:thumbup: So kids in the Uk are more in danger from poisoness animals then those in oz.
No one has been killed by a spider bite in OZ in 30 years, an average of 3 people per year are killed by snake bite mostly adults who are stupid enough to pick or or try to kill a snake.