Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Bringing a puppy from Portugal to the uk

Bringing a puppy from Portugal to the uk

Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Sharoncawley1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing a puppy from Portugal to the uk

I looking for information on someone bringing a puppy with all vet forms and vaccinations and a dog passport from Portugal to the UK? I am a UK citizen and my friend is coming over from Portugal to work here. But we're finding it hard to bring our puppy over.. any help would be appreciated

thanks
Old Dec 13th 2018, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bringing a puppy from Portugal to the uk

Have you looked at pettravel.com. You also have to check with different airlines to see what their requirements are. I have not brought any pets to the US however our dog is flying to the UK today unfortunately he has to go via Frankfurt because we are not with him and he is on a medication.
he is flying Lufthansa.
i have also read Virgin Atlantic is also good with animals but the pup may have to go via Gatwick and or Heathrow to get on that airline.
Also inquire with some of the petrelocation companies it’s a lot more expensive than doing it all yourself however they make sure everything is in place.
There are lots of people who have brought pets over so I am sure you will get more responses ..
Good Luck
Good Luck
Old Dec 13th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out:

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

All the ifo you need is there.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

All animals have to fly into the UK as cargo. You can't fly them in cheaply as baggage and they need to fly in to an airport with an animal reception centrre (Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester and Doncaster). Depending on where in the UK you need to go, you might want to look into driving or flying to Paris and taking the train/ferry over instead.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

My dog arrived at Frankfurt this morning from the USA , got an updated picture and he looks very relaxed. He is now on a flight to LHR where he will spend the night at the ARC ( only because it will be 5:45pm when he arrives and it will take 4-6 hours to go through clearance.
Tomorrow he has a 3.5 hour trip to the northern UK to my mother’s home.

Old Dec 15th 2018, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy2018
My dog arrived at Frankfurt this morning from the USA , got an updated picture and he looks very relaxed. He is now on a flight to LHR where he will spend the night at the ARC ( only because it will be 5:45pm when he arrives and it will take 4-6 hours to go through clearance.
Tomorrow he has a 3.5 hour trip to the northern UK to my mother’s home.

Cost?
Old Dec 15th 2018, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

A lot $$$ because he flew commercial ( we where not flying within 5 days of his travel) we are also using a pet relocation service so they picked him up from home and will transport him from LHR to mother’s home about 220 miles north west
Old Dec 15th 2018, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

How much is $$$?
Old Dec 15th 2018, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Old Dec 21st 2018, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

brokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise checking the UK government website...https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/l...sted-countries. It is important to understand it is different depending on where you are coming from. Portugal is an EU country and not a listed country ( like the USA).