Reload this Page >

Bringing my pet duck to the UK

Bringing my pet duck to the UK

Old Jan 8th 2019, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

MarlyMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Bringing my pet duck to the UK

Hi there!

I'm currently living in Ontario, Canada and I'm looking to move back to Europe for school. I'll be moving to England this summer but it's not just me that's going. I have a 10 year old dog, and since yesterday I also have a Muscovy duck! I've already found all the info I need on bringing a dog into the UK but I can't really find anything on bringing a duck! I've looked at the forms you need for pet birds like parrots and such but do they apply to ducks as well?
Has anyone moved with a duck before?

Curious to find out what the procedure is!

Thanks!

Marly
Old Jan 8th 2019, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bringing my pet duck to the UK

Originally Posted by MarlyMonster
Hi there!

I'm currently living in Ontario, Canada and I'm looking to move back to Europe for school. I'll be moving to England this summer but it's not just me that's going. I have a 10 year old dog, and since yesterday I also have a Muscovy duck! I've already found all the info I need on bringing a dog into the UK but I can't really find anything on bringing a duck! I've looked at the forms you need for pet birds like parrots and such but do they apply to ducks as well?

Thanks!

Marly
I would email Heathrow ARC ( animal receiving center ) I would also email some of the pet relocation websites as well. You don’t have to book with them just ask if they have had any experience and requirements. You would also have to find an airline that would also transport the duck once you know the requirements.
good luck
Old Jan 8th 2019, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there!

Thanks!

Marly
I found this website
https://www.jamescargo.com/pets/pet-birds.php
Old Jan 8th 2019, 7:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there!

Thanks!

Marly
I really do not know and cannot help.
Just wanted to share that I have a 11 yr old widower pekin duck named Woobie. He did have a mate but she passed away 18 months ago.

Attachment 130594

'Course he does not live inside the house coz they squit everywhere. He has his own shelter.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

brokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond repute

There must be a way? Unusual but given that exotic animals are transported all over the world and to the UK for the likes of zoo's etc - probably needs some digging around. Do come back and tell us how it proceeding - i am intrigued now
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I really do not know and cannot help.
Just wanted to share that I have a 11 yr old widower pekin duck named Woobie. He did have a mate but she passed away 18 months ago.

Attachment 130594

'Course he does not live inside the house coz they squit everywhere. He has his own shelter.
Adorable Woobie🤗