Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
Depression is created, Promise! and SJW, it doesn't actually do anything, it has a fancy name and is safe to swallow and is well marketed.

rgds

John
What sort of cr@p is that?? What do you mean - created?
you dont "create" depression. Its a physical problem, just like a broken bone or a migrane. Its to do with receptors in the brain preventing the uptake of certain chemicals. It can be cured with drugs, same as backache or headaches etc.

To label depression as something created, to me is on a par with people who add the "mental "tag.
Talk about stigmatising someone when they already have enough to deal with.

What strange ideas you have!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:21 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Well he's wrong...sorry to break the bad news, but the Journal of the American Medical Association and pharmaceutical giant pfizer have already proven it to be useless, dead or zilch, in effective....in fact if anything it can cause problems by interfering with other medication, but does diddly squat for depression.

rgds

John

oh twits back!

all i can say lets hope you never have anything like depression, because you know NOTHING about it till you do.............

you can quote the odd medical journal at us, but hello it takes more than one article to make research !!!! it takes lots and lots and i feel very sorry for you if you can read an article without proper critiquing of that paper and lecture other people on what to do

Last edited by mandtooz; Jun 13th 2007 at 9:28 pm. Reason: spelling, dozy mare bound to pick up on it!....
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz
oh twits back!

all i can say lets hope you never have anything like depression, because you know NOTHING about it till you do.............

you can quite the odd medical journal at us, but hello it takes more than one article to make research !!!! it takes lots and lots and i feel very sorry for you if you can read an article without proper critiquing of that paper and lecture other people on what to do
Of course the dozy muppet knows far more about medicine than a doctor.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Well he's wrong...sorry to break the bad news, but the Journal of the American Medical Association and pharmaceutical giant pfizer have already proven it to be useless, dead or zilch, in effective....in fact if anything it can cause problems by interfering with other medication, but does diddly squat for depression.

rgds

John
I've just stumbled on this thread and it was my european born doctor who recommended SJW. Of course Pfizer would say it doesn't work, they would rather us use one of their drugs to increase their already huge profits.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:42 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Red Pops I truly feel for you. You must be beside yourself being stuck in a place you just don't want to be. This is the side of emigrating that we just don't think about when we are full of enthusiasm and dreams. It's horrible when those dreams turn into nightmares and you just can't see any way out.

Do try the St John's Wort - someone on here recommended it to me last year (Jerseygirl I think) and it did help. I work with a girl who takes the liquid form - she went through a traumatic divorce last year and suffered depression as a result. She swears by it and said it helped her through a really bad patch. It's surprising just how many of these herbal remedies can work. I remember having severe breast pain a few years ago and the doctor recommended evening primrose oil - I went away thinking what a load of cobblers but tried it anyway - after just one month it worked and the pains have never returned.

I wish I could offer some words of comfort for you but as others have said, try to take each day as it comes for now until your head clears a bit.

Take care XX
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
I've just stumbled on this thread and it was my european born doctor who recommended SJW. Of course Pfizer would say it doesn't work, they would rather us use one of their drugs to increase their already huge profits.
You must have read my mind...I was just about to search for your post.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:48 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Of course the dozy muppet knows far more about medicine than a doctor.
Seems to me the dozy muppet is an expert in just about everything - clever guy hey

And why on earth he continues to post on a forum which is to support and advise people who are moving back to the UK when almost every post is clearly aimed at winding people up I just can't imagine
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:11 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chance to be
What sort of cr@p is that?? What do you mean - created?
you dont "create" depression. Its a physical problem, just like a broken bone or a migrane. Its to do with receptors in the brain preventing the uptake of certain chemicals. It can be cured with drugs, same as backache or headaches etc.

To label depression as something created, to me is on a par with people who add the "mental "tag.
Talk about stigmatising someone when they already have enough to deal with.

What strange ideas you have!
It's all emotional not physical and thus created...Husband having an affair on you, losing your house, debt up to the eyeballs, screaming kids, being in a country miles from your family, losing a family member....St johns wort is useless...sorry to break the news to you but you would be better to watch what you eat, and excercise more, think positively.

There are only physical side affects to depression such as headaches, muscle aches etc as few examples...BTW, I'm not stigmatising anyone...just providing advice that is more accurate that simply running down to Holland & Barrett and speaking to a cashier about depression, who then recommends ST John's Wort, Perlleeaasse, is that what you do...

John
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It's all emotional not physical and thus created...Husband having an affair on you, losing your house, debt up to the eyeballs, screaming kids, being in a country miles from your family, losing a family member....St johns wort is useless...sorry to break the news to you but you would be better to watch what you eat, and excercise more, think positively.

There are only physical side affects to depression such as headaches, muscle aches etc as few examples...BTW, I'm not stigmatising anyone...just providing advice that is more accurate that simply running down to Holland & Barrett and speaking to a cashier about depression, who then recommends ST John's Wort, Perlleeaasse, is that what you do...

John
This forum is called Moving Back to the UK...that's because it's for people moving back to the UK who are looking for support. If you can't offer support to those who need it please do not post on here.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:19 pm

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mandtooz
oh twits back!

you can quote the odd medical journal at us, but hello it takes more than one article to make research !!!! it takes lots and lots and i feel very sorry for you if you can read an article without proper critiquing of that paper and lecture other people on what to do
Look at my picture, do I look like I would ever allow myself to get depression, I'm 43, 180 pounds, 32 inch waist , I run 4 times a week, watch what I eat, do not eat meat...drink moderately and dont smoke, debt free and now mortgage free....I bet you couldnt even pull one of these as examples for your own life...get real, take STW, like I care, its all sticks and stones my dear...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:20 pm

This forum is called Moving Back to the UK...that's because it's for people moving back to the UK who are looking for support. If you can't offer support to those who need it please do not post on here.
This thread is about SJW and you jumped on me for making a fair comment...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Look at my picture, do I look like I would ever allow myself to get depression, I'm 43, 180 pounds, 32 inch waist , I run 4 times a week, watch what I eat, do not eat meat...drink moderately and dont smoke, debt free and now mortgage free....I bet you couldnt even pull one of these as examples for your own life...get real, take STW, like I care, its all sticks and stones my dear...
Well I could...apart from the description...yuck! Go and post somewhere else and stop trying to wind people up who come into this forum for support.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 13th 2007 at 10:41 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

This thread is about SJW and you jumped on me for making a fair comment...
It was not a fair comment...you are not qualified to make such statements and have no experience of the subject.

I am not the only one who have 'jumped' on your comments...there were 9 others.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 13th 2007 at 10:30 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Oh whoopee dee effing do! :curse:
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:42 pm

It was not a fair comment...you are not qualified to make such statements and have no experience of the subject.

I am not the only one who have 'jumped' on your comments...there were 9 others.
Well, not qualified as in referencing SJW and AMA test that have proven SJW worthless, opposed to you who's qualified and being able to suggest SJW for depression, where is the sense in that, really.

Thank you for pointing out that yourself and also taking the trouble to count and verify that 9 others were also picking on me...I forgive you and also the n9 others as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.