Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bought the St Johns Wort or whatever

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It is a question asked by all anaesethiologists before surgery here, has been for some time.
There are numerous articles on line if you look.

I'm medically trained as well and have spent some time in surgery as a scrub nurse so have heard the question asked often

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/...rbs/index.html
I've had several surgeries in the US...I was asked what meds I am taking but was never asked about herbal supplements and never mentioned SJW specifically.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've had several surgeries in the US...I was asked what meds I am taking but was never asked about herbal supplements and never mentioned SJW specifically.
It is not a risk to everyone but as there had been problems it became a standard question during pre-op.

As a precaution though it is best to declare any type of medication you take if it is standard prescription, OTC or herbal. Lots of meds interact with each other.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It is not a risk to everyone but as there had been problems it became a standard question during pre-op.

As a precaution though it is best to declare any type of medication you take if it is standard prescription, OTC or herbal. Lots of meds interact with each other.
Yep I know...I stop taking all supplements...including asprin about a week before surgery. Still I haven't been asked about herbal supplements and my last surgery was last November.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:28 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Sugarmooma;4906763]

thanks for that link will investigate, i prepare women for cs very very regular and have never heard or asked a women about st johns wort? other drugs i can understand but st jonhs wort? anyway thanks for the link will dig out some research hopefully

mand
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:37 am
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Have you any experience of SJW? I have...I was depressed...I don't know how severe it was because I wouldn't go to the doctors. I stayed in bed under the covers as long as I could because I didn't want to face the day. When I eventually got up all I could do was sit and cry. I took SJW and the next day I felt like my old self again.
Depression is created, Promise! and SJW, it doesn't actually do anything, it has a fancy name and is safe to swallow and is well marketed.

rgds

John
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dozy_muppet03
Depression is created, Promise! and SJW, it doesn't actually do anything, it has a fancy name and is safe to swallow and is well marketed.

rgds

John
Well should only take one a day, I am on at least 6, it could be mind over matter
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I won't take any depressants, alcohol, or anything else I could get hooked on. I found doing voluntary work with people worse off than me helped, being around positive and happy people, exercise and having a facial or massage helped, especially the latter. Also watched plenty of comedies and ringing up friends who made me howl with laughter. It was the laughter that helped me at one point when I thought I would never laugh again. That laughter was made from a stranger I met for 4 days, but it did the trick. I also got rid of negative and moaning minnies in my life at the time, as I found it made me feel worse. All the above worked for me, wasn't an overnight remedy but it did work in the long run.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

rgds

John
Really...are you a doctor?

Edit: I've just read a post in the US forum...in which a doctor suggested taking SJW...and it worked.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 13th 2007 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Must be related to Tom Cruise.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Pops
I have bought this as it has been recommended by many of you, hopefully take some tonight before I pick up my family from Brisbane airport tomorrow, they went to UK for a month to way up things, and it looks as though they are stopping here in Aus, which I wholeheartedly detest, I must not breakdown, I must be strong.

Anyway applying for citizenship, then I am out of here, I will be on here more often because things are just not going my way.

I so know how you feel hun! Its the worst feeling in the world isnt it!

If you ever need a chat PM me at any time

Ive heard that SJW is good. my sister takes it & as someone who has just come off anti depressents, reckons its good. Im now thinking of taking some too

I really hope you get what you want & come home soon> To be somewhere you hate while the otehr person is happy is the worst feeling in the world & leaves you feeling so isolated & lonely.

I wish you all the luck in the world xx
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Depression is created, Promise!
John
Ah that's nice to know!

Are you just here to wind people up...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elvira
Ah that's nice to know!

He certainly chose the right user name.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:08 pm

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Edit: I've just read a post in the US forum...in which a doctor suggested taking SJW...and it worked.
Well he's wrong...sorry to break the bad news, but the Journal of the American Medical Association and pharmaceutical giant pfizer have already proven it to be useless, dead or zilch, in effective....in fact if anything it can cause problems by interfering with other medication, but does diddly squat for depression.

rgds

John
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Ah that's nice to know!

No, simple fact is Depression is created...not caught....

rgds

John
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Well he's wrong...sorry to break the bad news, but the Journal of the American Medical Association and pharmaceutical giant pfizer have already proven it to be useless, dead or zilch, in effective....in fact if anything it can cause problems by interfering with other medication, but does diddly squat for depression.

rgds

John
Anything you say Dr Dozy Muppet...but you're not a doc are you...just a plain dozy muppet?

I am walking proof it does work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.