Wikiposts

Booked my Flights !!!!

Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Booked my Flights !!!!

After discussion today at work about my leave date, we came to an agreed date, so 30 minutes later my flights are booked

November 24th - exit Australia

November 25th - hello Heathrow

That will be 1 year and 1 day after leaving!

Pete

PS Good luck to all of you hoping to return soon.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booked my Flights !!!!

Great news, very best of British luck to you!

We will be going back to Northampton beginning of May next year, also having been here a year Cannot come soon enough!

Wishing you well being back where you belong
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't it feel flipping fantastic when those flights are in the bag!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:24 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Doesn't it feel flipping fantastic when those flights are in the bag!!
It does... though the scary thing is that it felt that way, too, when we came out here! I like the fact that we have a one-way ticket (and it was cheaper than the round trip!)
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:35 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
It does... though the scary thing is that it felt that way, too, when we came out here! I like the fact that we have a one-way ticket (and it was cheaper than the round trip!)
AWE!!! Bless ya Hope you have a great trip........Have you seen the exchange rate today??? Great for coming back
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:33 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sans
AWE!!! Bless ya Hope you have a great trip........Have you seen the exchange rate today??? Great for coming back
I know. I exchanged a first lot of $1000 yesterday and a second lot today - and I actually got an extra $7 or $8 today. Don't have much to exchange left, sadly... not enough for a HIFX transfer anyway.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:42 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
I know. I exchanged a first lot of $1000 yesterday and a second lot today - and I actually got an extra $7 or $8 today. Don't have much to exchange left, sadly... not enough for a HIFX transfer anyway.
I still haven't fetched my money over I keep dithering watching the exchange.......nearly did it, in a panick 2 wks ago, it had just hit 2.05....so glad i hung on. After the amount we dropped going its scarey......but we just had it electronically transfered and i think the rate at time was 2.02 and we got just under .
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
After discussion today at work about my leave date, we came to an agreed date, so 30 minutes later my flights are booked

November 24th - exit Australia

November 25th - hello Heathrow

That will be 1 year and 1 day after leaving!

Pete

PS Good luck to all of you hoping to return soon.
Lucky, lucky you ~ have a wonderful trip home
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

best of luck
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Super!!!!

November will be here in no time at all and then you will be out of this place!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Oh quoll, it makes me so sad for you when you say things like that - I really wish it could happen for you one day. Knowing how you feel about not being able to move back, I think the support and sentiments that you send to others is really outstanding.

Bet you're just counting the days 'til April for your next trip, eh?!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete

Good luck for going back to Blighty. Hope everything works out for you over there. Hope you've enjoyed your time in Oz and not regretted coming.

Well, at least once you get a bike again you'll be able to ride it at a sensible speed and not crawling along!

I nearly fell asleep on the Eastlink last week, 100 kms on an empty road, felt like I was going about 30 mph!

Kim