Best shipping quote!

Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:50 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best shipping quote!

Air fares and quotes on shipping must have taken a dive due to houses not selling as quickly. Anyway, just to help anyone researching costs.
Oss Worldwide Movers came back with the best quote. We're almost filling a container, their quote was approx $6,000 AUD. (There's insurance on top of that).

Flights, with even the best airlines, are very good at the moment. They're even better if you print off the prices and information of the net then go into your local travel agent to see if they can do better, which they did with us.

Tally Ho. It's off I go.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:35 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Best shipping quote!

We also had a very good quote with OSS for about the same price with an extra $300 - $500 for insurance. Our furniture leaves the end of May. I'm leaving in just over 2 weeks! Hubby is staying on for a couple of months. Can't wait
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:47 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dickchap
We also had a very good quote with OSS for about the same price with an extra $300 - $500 for insurance. Our furniture leaves the end of May. I'm leaving in just over 2 weeks! Hubby is staying on for a couple of months. Can't wait
I was really pleased with Oss and their manner. Nothing was too much trouble and they were so quick with their quote.

Two months will probably fly by. I can imagine it will be hard leaving your husband though. Never mind. It's a whole new adventure.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:05 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

I've got the MIL over at the moment with her hubby who has Alhzimers and her mum (76). She is really getting on my nerves as she does nothing to help him. It's really sad as hes isn't totally out of it but very very confussed. She expects me or nan to do do things for him. I'm returning with her and staying with her until my hubby returns. I'm having second thoughts as I know she is expecting me to look after him.! I was so looking forward to going home but now I don't know If I will be better off!!! So confused now.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dickchap
I've got the MIL over at the moment with her hubby who has Alhzimers and her mum (76). She is really getting on my nerves as she does nothing to help him. It's really sad as hes isn't totally out of it but very very confussed. She expects me or nan to do do things for him. I'm returning with her and staying with her until my hubby returns. I'm having second thoughts as I know she is expecting me to look after him.! I was so looking forward to going home but now I don't know If I will be better off!!! So confused now.
She probably is looking for a break. Poor you. That's a tough one. You can probably get out of it by genuinely having to get out the house to get your own plans organised. Are you staying with her for long? Maybe your best option is to not to be too good at caring so that you don't get the job full time.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 1:15 pm
Richard & Nikki

I did caring back in the UK so I suppose she is thinking I know best! Found out he hasn't been taking his medication so that is why he is as bad as he is. I'm sure once I sort it out and make sure he takes it on time each day then he will improve. She should have been doing that! I am going to have a chat to her at some point to let her know that he isn't my responsiblity. I don't mind helping a bit when I am around but I have my boys to look after aswell. Hopefully she will get the message. I still want to go home and I dont want it to be ruined by her. Families eh!:curse:
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:36 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

I also used OSS and didn't have any problems with them. Their packing is excellent!! Haven't opened many boxes yet but can't hear any rattling!! ;o)
They also quoted the cheapest of all the shippers and I used Letton Percival ( I think that's how you spell it ) in Liverpool, for our Insurance which was MUCH cheaper than what the actual shipping companies quote. They came recommended from another BExpat on here.

Ooooohh, it's good to be back!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Sounds great....and good luck with your move back!!!

Was that a 20ft or a 40ft container?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dewdrop
Sounds great....and good luck with your move back!!!

Was that a 20ft or a 40ft container?
I don't know actually. I'm guessing it's probably 20ft as we're not taking a full house of furniture. We are taking my entire business though, lots of machinery and materials. (I'm going home for business reasons. I think the UK is just starting to show a few green shoots whereas the recession appears to be just taking hold here so good timing.)
The other shipping quotes came in at much more so Oss definitely worth a try. Plus they wanted to charge extra for our machines.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Havent checked them out, but if they are in Canada too? i may get a quote! cheers and happy landing...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:27 pm
Banned

I think they are an Oz company, here's the link, they might be able to recommend a sister company where you are.
http://www.ossworldwidemovers.com/

Thanks for the good wishes. You too.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

did an online quote last night but probably be a few days before i hear anything.the insurance column quote amounts appears very high.did you fill in the question for insurance to be included? wonder if these amounts are on top of amount or including otherwise its a waste of time taking back a part load.will post how much their quote is when it comes in.this is from regional wa to scottish highlands so its bound to be fairly pricy as it will have a 5 hour drive to freemantle to start with then from aberdeen to morayshire(1/2 way between aberdeen and inverness).was quoted 2,300 pounds from a scottish firm (highlands) without insurance.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
did an online quote last night but probably be a few days before i hear anything.the insurance column quote amounts appears very high.did you fill in the question for insurance to be included? wonder if these amounts are on top of amount or including otherwise its a waste of time taking back a part load.will post how much their quote is when it comes in.this is from regional wa to scottish highlands so its bound to be fairly pricy as it will have a 5 hour drive to freemantle to start with then from aberdeen to morayshire(1/2 way between aberdeen and inverness).was quoted 2,300 pounds from a scottish firm (highlands) without insurance.
My insurance, remembering I'm taking back industrial machinery, is about $500. To be honest though, from experience of when we moved here, taking out insurance was not worth it. My advice would be to put a higher value on the things that really matter and a much lower value on stuff that doesn't because we lost a lot of valuables off our container. Funny that. It went into a bonded store at Brisbane and stuff just vanished.
Then when we claimed, we only got a fraction of what the items were worth. I'm only insuring my machinery and irreplaceable items this time. If anything goes missing, it doesn't really matter.