Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Old Sep 28th 2019, 9:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best relocation areas in the UK?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
So you've decided against the £2 million + mansion with extensive grounds, tennis court, heated swimming pool, air conditioning etc etc etc? That's a relief
You forgot ‘room for a pony’. Hyacinth Bouquet
Old Sep 28th 2019, 9:54 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So I did. I must have been distracted whilst preparing one of my candlelight suppers
Old Sep 28th 2019, 10:54 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

We already have dogs that eat more food than ponies.
I thought about you Jersey while in Manchester. There are a lot of cool areas to pick from. I actually like it there more than Dorset. But of course that is only a personal choice. Dorset was nice but a little too quiet for my busy family. Brighton on the other hand was Brilliant. But Liverpool surprised me!
Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353

I thought about you Jersey while in Manchester. There are a lot of cool areas to pick from. I actually like it there more than Dorset. But of course that is only a personal choice. Dorset was nice but a little too quiet for my busy family. Brighton on the other hand was Brilliant. But Liverpool surprised me!
I'm really pleased but not surprised that you liked Liverpool so much. My husband's from there and I've spent a lot of time there over the past 10 years. Such a vibrant city, and so much to do.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:25 am
Concierge

Here, I found your house for you Needs redecorating but apart from that - lovely 4 bedroom house, separate 2 bedroom self-contained apartment for the kids when visit, beautiful area full of rich buggers, and......A SWIMMING POOL! I reckon you'd get it for low £800s as a cash buyer.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-70244467.html
Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The villages in Cheshire are much nicer than anything Manchester has to officer IMO
Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:49 am
Concierge

The villages in Cheshire are much nicer than anything Manchester has to officer IMO
Or anything Liverpool has to offer as well. Cheshire is beautiful.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:18 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really pleased but not surprised that you liked Liverpool so much. My husband's from there and I've spent a lot of time there over the past 10 years. Such a vibrant city, and so much to do.
Such as buying new hubcaps every second day.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Such as buying new hubcaps every second day.
Jeezus Novo, that one's older than you and I combined
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:22 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Jeezus Novo, that one's older than you and I combined
Agreed, but it felt good.
Old Sep 29th 2019, 11:31 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Agreed, but it felt good.
I'm all for people feeling good
Old Sep 30th 2019, 3:31 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

I was really impressed by the down to earth people there. We enjoyed the scenery and the people of Liverpool. It's a real city! These three ladies heard us talking in a Pub and realized our American connection and with-in minutes surrounded us like we were celebrities. I noticed that people seemed a little more open and fun loving in the north. But then again maybe that was just my impression. Visiting a place is not the same as living there and being an American obviously did add to people's curiosity. We'll be in the UK for nearly 5 weeks over the holidays and that should be a lot of fun and quite helpful in seeing how the winters feel. And we'll also make it over to Dublin and Belfast. Look forward to those stays and the beer.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 1:03 pm
Banned

Time is moving fast and we are now about 20+ days before Brexit and the resulting effects on the people in the UK and the many people planning a move. Hopefully folks are storing up on needed supplies just in case. I've heard Brits say they think the larger cities might be best prepared. Time will tell.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

shokwaverider is an unknown quantity at this point

Me thinks, it may just end up like Y2K. A lot of bluster and not a lot of substance. Life goes on, the Pound may drop a little, some business' may leave, but in general it will be a big YAWN!.... Just like Y2K. The UK is a big market, at the end of the day, the EU needs their business, goods and services.

Last edited by shokwaverider; Oct 6th 2019 at 1:13 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 1:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Time is moving fast and we are now about 20+ days before Brexit and the resulting effects on the people in the UK and the many people planning a move. Hopefully folks are storing up on needed supplies just in case. I've heard Brits say they think the larger cities might be best prepared. Time will tell.
Needed supplies? Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.