Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Old Apr 25th 2019, 2:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best relocation areas in the UK?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
B & Q is owned by Home Depot.
No it isn't, B&Q is owned by Kingfisher PLC, and I can't find any record of there being any substantial shareholder of Kingfisher, neither Home Depot or anyone else.

FWIW Kingfisher was formed in 1982 to buy out Woolworths (UK) and at that time Woolworths already owned B&Q.

ETA These are the ten largest shareholders in Kingfisher PLC, all are fund managers.

Originally Posted by Sammy2018
Now I am scared 😱 service there has been bad and it’s only a quarter of the size of Home Depot.
That may be the case, but it isn't Home Depot's fault!

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 25th 2019 at 2:42 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GeniB
Lovely Sammy was that sunset or sunrise ? Where are you? I used to love the misty mornings .I lived in the dunes in Ainsdale
It was sunrise and in Scarisbrick. We took the dog for a walk in the dunes at Birkdale over the Easter weekend .. it was beautifully
Old May 4th 2019, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

EdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond repute

Roger Moore (007 fame) use to live in that round house a long time ago, apparently.
Old May 5th 2019, 11:49 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdandPaula
Roger Moore ..... used to live in that round house a long time ago, apparently.
Which round house?

If you hit the "Quote" button to the bottom right of the post you are replying to, your post will include the post that you are responding to.

For additional brownie points you can delete from the quoted text, any parts that are not relevant to your reply or comment. . E.g. I removed 007 from your post, above.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 5th 2019 at 11:51 am.
Old May 5th 2019, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

EdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond repute

Check out post 341. That round house.
Old May 5th 2019, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow .. it’s for sure an affluent area I will have to research it.
Old May 5th 2019, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

It is a lovely area, Royal Birkdale gold course is across from that house. I grew up round the corner from that house. The immediate area is pricey now but more affordable stuff is not far away.
Old May 5th 2019, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

It is a lovely area, Royal Birkdale gold course is across from that house. I grew up round the corner from that house. The immediate area is pricey now but more affordable stuff is not far away.
Lovely we moved back to the UK in February and live in Scarisbrick with mother. I do love this area ..
Old May 5th 2019, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

My wife and I are returning for a 2 weeks visit to see my parents, will be going up to the West Coast of Scotland for a week, hopefully be moving next year to Scotland.
Old May 5th 2019, 9:40 pm

If you hit the "Quote" button to the bottom right of the post you are replying to, your post will include the post that you are responding to. Also, people are alerted that you have responded to their post.
Old May 5th 2019, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you hit the "Quote" button to the bottom right of the post you are replying to, your post will include the post that you are responding to. Also, people are alerted that you have responded to their post.
Thanks
Old May 6th 2019, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

My wife and I are returning for a 2 weeks visit to see my parents, will be going up to the West Coast of Scotland for a week, hopefully be moving next year to Scotland.
Wonderful , if your family are still in the area of Birkdale they will be feeling in the increase in traffic as the Masters is at Hillside next week.
I am loving the UK and so is my hubby ( who is not from the UK) Even the weather has been gracious since our return .
Scotland is beautiful I am smitten by Cornwall spent many Summer Holidays in St Ives with the family.

Old May 22nd 2019, 3:31 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that took the time to contribute information in this thread and help my friends find the idea place to call home. My friends have found their dream home in the Manchester area and they are over the moon. He went back over to the UK for one week to finalize their decision and all though both of them were on the same page, she popped over for a few days just to be sure about the neighborhood and house. They love the schools for their kids and their timing was perfect in finding this home. Inspections have gone smoothly. They are about to be UK home owners.
Old Jun 4th 2019, 9:03 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and two of our kids are discussing the possibility of a move to London if everyone can agree to the idea. London is being used as a incentive to encourage the middle kid to make the move to the UK. At this point it's only conversation and what if's. My darling wife know how to work a deal and will do nearly every sneaky trick to get all our children close to where we'll be living and not left behind in America. So for that reason she is trying to sweeten the idea of moving to the UK by highlighting major attractions.

I'm not excited about the idea of moving to London. I've done the whole big city thing when we were much younger in NYC and although it was amazing back then that was quite some time ago. So my question is this, what possible good reasons are there for living in the London area that we couldn't find in other areas of the UK but without the traffic and pollution issues?
Only thing that comes to mind is more culture. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not living in Manhattan and we can fly there for next to nothing for a short weekend.

But we are a majority rule family depending on the issue. And I might have to give in. Not sure if another huge city would make sense.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Jun 4th 2019 at 9:09 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353

I'm not excited about the idea of moving to London. I've done the whole big city thing when we were much younger in NYC and although it was amazing back then that was quite some time ago. So my question is this, what possible good reasons are there for living in the London area that we couldn't find in other areas of the UK but without the traffic and pollution issues?
Plenty of job opportunities and shorter commute.
However, that is offset by the VERY high house prices; the pollution and the traffic.
You also have the potential of very nice areas alongside very deprived areas.
In addition, you will soon have the ULEZ - The Ultra-Low Emission Zone which will ban most vehicles from central London.
Choose a nice market town with good transport links into London to get your next culture fix.
HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.