Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Old Jan 26th 2019, 8:39 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best relocation areas in the UK?

Here is a awesome home in Manchester. Has a really good feel to this one. Both are very nice.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...68070361.html#
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...58114866.html#
Old Jan 26th 2019, 8:53 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

This one is quite interesting, a little retro but very pleasant and has a indoor pool. I think my friends might enjoy something with multi indoor activities.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...76393382.html#
Old Jan 26th 2019, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
This is a good example of homes in Liverpool and it's in my friends price range.
Mmm not sure 🤔 is this near the city
Old Jan 26th 2019, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

This one is quite interesting, a little retro but very pleasant and has a indoor pool. I think my friends might enjoy something with multi indoor activities.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...76393382.html#
Definitely interesting my family lives near Liverpool. Some places to consider close to beaches all of these places are close to each other and about 30 - 45 min drive from Liverpool city center. All are also accessible by train Birkdale, Churchtown, Scarisbrick, Formby Ainsdale, Ormskirk. Ormskirk has Edge Hill Univeristy ..
Chester and Higher Bebington are on the other side of the River Mersey ( Liverpool)
Can not wait to read about their trips around Liverpool and Manchester
Old Jan 26th 2019, 10:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

Mmm not sure 🤔 is this near the city
It's near the water edges almost water front but probably nearly on the outskirts of Liverpool. But of course anything near water is going to feel a lot colder in winter. Are you in Liverpool?
Old Jan 26th 2019, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

It's near the water edges almost water front but probably nearly on the outskirts of Liverpool. But of course anything near water is going to feel a lot colder in winter. Are you in Liverpool?
I am a scouser but live in Florida right now.
Mu hubby is waiting for his spousal visa decision. Then we will booking our flight home .. I was last in Liverpool One in April 2018

Old Jan 26th 2019, 11:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I can recommend New Brighton. We lived there for three years before selling our home last year https://www.onthemarket.com/details/4531670/

All the amenities of a true village, whisper quiet at night, with the train to Liverpool just around the corner that got us into Central in 15 minutes. Marine Point down the road, with restaurants, bars, shops and cinema, and a wonderful promenade with no traffic allowed, you can walk for miles along the Mersey. Easy walking distance to a lovely little high street, We saw lots of great shows and concerts at the Floral Pavillion, also within easy walking distance.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 11:33 pm
Banned

Definitely interesting my family lives near Liverpool. Some places to consider close to beaches all of these places are close to each other and about 30 - 45 min drive from Liverpool city center. All are also accessible by train Birkdale, Churchtown, Scarisbrick, Formby Ainsdale, Ormskirk. Ormskirk has Edge Hill Univeristy ..
Chester and Higher Bebington are on the other side of the River Mersey ( Liverpool)
Can not wait to read about their trips around Liverpool and Manchester
I can only speak for myself and my wife but it's really difficult to beat the Midlands area. Truly has it all if you ask me. I've done the NYC thing back in the day when I was a young guy and for that time in life it was amazing. Everything was in the fast lane. Manchester is where my family called home and for us it was a good fit. Not too slow or fast. It's going to be interesting to see where my friends feel the most comfortable. Especially considering they have a strong connection to live music venues. I imagine they will be going to concerts all over the continent.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 11:49 pm
Banned

I am a scouser but live in Florida right now.
Mu hubby is waiting for his spousal visa decision. Then we will booking our flight home .. I was last in Liverpool One in April 2018

No wonder you are feeling a pull toward Liverpool. You are almost there, and don't time past so fast. By the spring you'll be planning tons of outings. I try to censor my thinking on the UK here in my house because my wife misses home a great deal. But two years will be here and gone before we know it. My friends have been very thoughtful in planning this move. I think it's going to work out well for them because they are trying their level best to consider everything that might make this decision work well. From the children and their needs to the reasons that made him want to leave the UK, and looking at amenities that will make a city/location more engaging. Should be good.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 11:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I can recommend New Brighton. We lived there for three years before selling our home last year https://www.onthemarket.com/details/4531670/

All the amenities of a true village, whisper quiet at night, with the train to Liverpool just around the corner that got us into Central in 15 minutes. Marine Point down the road, with restaurants, bars, shops and cinema, and a wonderful promenade with no traffic allowed, you can walk for miles along the Mersey. Easy walking distance to a lovely little high street, We saw lots of great shows and concerts at the Floral Pavillion, also within easy walking distance.
That sounds very charming, and isn't contentment with one's home life a huge factor in over-all happiness. Makes a big difference.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

I can only speak for myself and my wife but it's really difficult to beat the Midlands area. Truly has it all if you ask me. I've done the NYC thing back in the day when I was a young guy and for that time in life it was amazing. Everything was in the fast lane. Manchester is where my family called home and for us it was a good fit. Not too slow or fast. It's going to be interesting to see where my friends feel the most comfortable. Especially considering they have a strong connection to live music venues. I imagine they will be going to concerts all over the continent.
In which case access a major airport will be key.
My Aunt lives near Manchester in Rochdale.
We will actually be 15 mins from Southport.
NYC was a little to fast for me and intimidating even in my younger years. I visited there when I lived in LA.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:26 am
Banned

In which case access a major airport will be key.
My Aunt lives near Manchester in Rochdale.
We will actually be 15 mins from Southport.
NYC was a little to fast for me and intimidating even in my younger years. I visited there when I lived in LA.
Seem like the UK is having a mild winter this year and especially compared to other regions of Europe. Do you and your family plan to move home before spring? By that time there should be quite a few additional properties on the market. And I agree a nearby airport is a major plus when picking a area.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Did the change in tax deductibility have an affect on buy to lets?
Old Jan 27th 2019, 8:10 am
Banned

Very attractive option.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I know DIdsbury is an area a lot aspire to live in and know the area very well...but it has just never floated my boat at all....not keen on the surrounding areas...or not green enough amongst some of reasons why, but each to their own. Prestwich for the similar reasons.
I really like the Wirral , Caldy, West Kirby and Heswall are a fav of ours and if we were to stay in the North West, I prefer Liverpool nowadays to Manchester...After Australia we found we like being near to the coast and your not from Chester or Manchester.
​​​​​​

​​​​​

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.