Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:05 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best relocation areas in the UK?

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

Glad they arrived home safely. Spring is just around the corner so they will soon be packing and heading back.
We are starting our journey home Saturday and will get to see our dog Monday. I think it will only take a hot minute before he realizes who we are.
Sammy, I'm so happy for you and yours. It's been some time coming but here you are. Glad the visa came in and now you're on your way home. Congrats!
Please write about your return experience from packing to move over, to settling in. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit hearing your story while preparing for their up coming move. When does your flight leave?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Sammy, I'm so happy for you and yours. It's been some time coming but here you are. Glad the visa came in and now you're on your way home. Congrats!
Please write about your return experience from packing to move over, to settling in. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit hearing your story while preparing for their up coming move. When does your flight leave?
Our journey back starts Saturday we are flying to Houston staying overnight and then Sunday we are flying from Houston to Manchester on Singapore airlines ( airfares where good for a one way ticket compared to virgin )
Must admit it’s been a crazy day and tomorrow is just as crazy 😝.
I am doing a lot of things for the first time ..
Trying to book a rental car last minute was crazy ( with snow birds and spring training ..) Luckily I was able to get one at 12 noon today. I have not rented a car since the year dot.

I have also never used Uber so today I did that for the first time. Hubby was handing over our car to the new owner.

I know this first week home will be busy.

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:13 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Our journey back starts Saturday we are flying to Houston staying overnight and then Sunday we are flying from Houston to Manchester on Singapore airlines ( airfares where good for a one way ticket compared to virgin )
Must admit it’s been a crazy day and tomorrow is just as crazy 😝.
I am doing a lot of things for the first time ..
Trying to book a rental car last minute was crazy ( with snow birds and spring training ..) Luckily I was able to get one at 12 noon today. I have not rented a car since the year dot.

I have also never used Uber so today I did that for the first time. Hubby was handing over our car to the new owner.

I know this first week home will be busy.

I'm very happy for you. The next few months are going to be busy, fun and filled with adjustment and problem solving as any long distance relocation can be. But all of that will be a distant memory once your family has settled into the daily routines of life. Not to mention all the fun activities you will start planning once back in the UK. And you're heading home at a great time with spring just a handful of weeks away. Do you already have any special outings planned?

I like your flight arrangements going to the UK. Seem like Texas always has a reasonable fare traveling to just about everywhere. I think Texas to the UK is even less expensive than Orlando to the UK. The Mrs and I still have nearly two years before we head over which is a lot of time to plan everything out. We'll probably buy our home about one year before departing but we've not decided 100% about the timing. My wife wants to do a cruise back home and I'm ok with that. It's never really been my type of thing but maybe if we get my siblings to join us for the trip that might add a bit of extra fun. We'll see.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 12:22 am
Banned

What a cool house. Would be idea if it was a little smaller
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 12:48 am
Banned

Quid essential British home. Not easy finding this style home.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

What a cool house. Would be idea if it was a little smaller
love
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Quid essential British home. Not easy finding this style home.
love
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

I'm very happy for you. The next few months are going to be busy, fun and filled with adjustment and problem solving as any long distance relocation can be. But all of that will be a distant memory once your family has settled into the daily routines of life. Not to mention all the fun activities you will start planning once back in the UK. And you're heading home at a great time with spring just a handful of weeks away. Do you already have any special outings planned?

I like your flight arrangements going to the UK. Seem like Texas always has a reasonable fare traveling to just about everywhere. I think Texas to the UK is even less expensive than Orlando to the UK. The Mrs and I still have nearly two years before we head over which is a lot of time to plan everything out. We'll probably buy our home about one year before departing but we've not decided 100% about the timing. My wife wants to do a cruise back home and I'm ok with that. It's never really been my type of thing but maybe if we get my siblings to join us for the trip that might add a bit of extra fun. We'll see.
2 years will be upon you before you know it.
I am on your wife’s side and you should cruise across
I used to say I would never cruise but 2 years ago we cruised the meditteranian on Oceania .
It’s a small ship about 1200 passengers and amazing service we loved loved loved it.

We also looked at taking our pooch on the Queen Mary out of New York to Southampton however that plan fizzled quickly as it’s last sail for the season was January 3rd.

No fun plans scheduled as of yet but we have to go in to Liverpool so we will take the train and have lunch out.

Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

2 years will be upon you before you know it.
I am on your wife’s side and you should cruise across
I used to say I would never cruise but 2 years ago we cruised the meditteranian on Oceania .
It’s a small ship about 1200 passengers and amazing service we loved loved loved it.

We also looked at taking our pooch on the Queen Mary out of New York to Southampton however that plan fizzled quickly as it’s last sail for the season was January 3rd.

No fun plans scheduled as of yet but we have to go in to Liverpool so we will take the train and have lunch out.

Out walking the dog today near Birkdale golf course today some really beautiful homes.

The round house is interesting

The only thing infront of this home is the dog walk and the dunes of Birkdale golf course
Old Feb 28th 2019, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

uk03878 will become famous soon enough

Finding a spacious house with character is an achievable goal but locating the idea property might take them a while. Either way their still going to be down sizing compared to the previous stateside home that was 5000 square feet. But they will learn to adjust. Always trade offs. Maybe finding a large stone house in their budget could be difficult but a house partially of stone is very possible.
Loads of these in South Lincolnshire (modern and old stone built homes) especially around Barnack and Stamford, maybe Kings Cliffe and towards Oundle (although that is getting into Northamptonshire)
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:32 pm
Banned

Out walking the dog today near Birkdale golf course today some really beautiful homes.

The round house is interesting

The only thing infront of this home is the dog walk and the dunes of Birkdale golf course
Those are amazing houses, and the lot sizes are idea. How does it feel to be back home? Does it feel surreal?

I've been offline for about a week. The Mrs and I celebrated our anniversary in NYC. She had no clue until we were on our way to the airport. I had secretly packed our luggage the day before and into the car trunk it went. Safe to say that little surprise has given me enough brownie points to stay out of the doghouse for a few months.

My friends have told me recently that after their long trip home they feel comfortable enough and confident in their choices of location, that buying straight away might be a strong likelihood. Finding the right house is the key.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 9:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by uk03878

Loads of these in South Lincolnshire (modern and old stone built homes) especially around Barnack and Stamford, maybe Kings Cliffe and towards Oundle (although that is getting into Northamptonshire)
Thanks for your post. My friends want the perfect location, the cake and the icing. Not always possible in a popular locale when working with a particular budget. They actually found one house during their trip that had everything they were looking for but unfortunately it was about 100K over budget. It will happen for them, just have to be patient.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Those are amazing houses, and the lot sizes are idea. How does it feel to be back home? Does it feel surreal?

I've been offline for about a week. The Mrs and I celebrated our anniversary in NYC. She had no clue until we were on our way to the airport. I had secretly packed our luggage the day before and into the car trunk it went. Safe to say that little surprise has given me enough brownie points to stay out of the doghouse for a few months.

My friends have told me recently that after their long trip home they feel comfortable enough and confident in their choices of location, that buying straight away might be a strong likelihood. Finding the right house is the key.
I am sure your wife loved the trip ... however she is being generous giving you brownie points for a few months😆

It is wonderful to be home!! Not sure when reality will kick in.
I have to keep reminding myself I don’t have to visit with everyone in the next 10 days as we don’t have a plane to catch.
We just collected hubbies BRP card yesterday and now it’s more paperwork as we register with doctors , dentists ..
Bank accounts ... opening them is still a struggle even when you have a HSBC account in the USA it’s taken us 10 days just to get an appointment.

it will no be long before your friends are back .. time is flying by now that we are here.

Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:23 pm
Banned

I am sure your wife loved the trip ... however she is being generous giving you brownie points for a few months😆

It is wonderful to be home!! Not sure when reality will kick in.
I have to keep reminding myself I don’t have to visit with everyone in the next 10 days as we don’t have a plane to catch.
We just collected hubbies BRP card yesterday and now it’s more paperwork as we register with doctors , dentists ..
Bank accounts ... opening them is still a struggle even when you have a HSBC account in the USA it’s taken us 10 days just to get an appointment.

it will no be long before your friends are back .. time is flying by now that we are here.

What have you noticed most about being back home?

I hear you about the process of setting everything up and yes it does take a minute to accomplish. Hang in there and you'll get through all of it. That is never the fun part when returning home but in a few months you both will be fully settled in. How are you both adjusting to the weather?
Old Mar 13th 2019, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

What have you noticed most about being back home?

I hear you about the process of setting everything up and yes it does take a minute to accomplish. Hang in there and you'll get through all of it. That is never the fun part when returning home but in a few months you both will be fully settled in. How are you both adjusting to the weather?
We had 2 beautiful days of sun when we arrived however rain and high winds have dominated since. I am enjoying the cold however hubby is taking it slowly.
I am sure we will be a good place in another month.
Have your friends decided on the location yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.