Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Best relocation areas in the UK?

Old Feb 8th 2019, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best relocation areas in the UK?

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
My friends said Liverpool was a place they plan to enjoy once back in the UK for good. His direct quote was a fun night out is a great way to describe Liverpool. They're not moving until spring so there is still a ways to go before the big move.

You have a lot of family there and I'm sure they are looking forward to your return. How does your partner feel about the move to the UK? Looking forward to it as much as you? Has your partner ever lived in the UK before?
Yes I do , all my family are now back in the UK .
My husband has never actually lived in the UK but has been there on many occasions when visiting my family.
He is originally from South Africa and prefers the warmer weather.

Old Feb 10th 2019, 2:05 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

Yes I do , all my family are now back in the UK .
My husband has never actually lived in the UK but has been there on many occasions when visiting my family.
He is originally from South Africa and prefers the warmer weather.

I'm sure your partner will adjust quickly to the change in weather. I did it for a year and honestly it wasn't that bad, and my body is use to Florida weather. The culture change will more than make up for any climate disadvantages. Wait till your partner enjoy a few visits at the pub.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 3:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Longing for the Wirral's weather today, it's 38.5C (101F) in Perth
Old Feb 10th 2019, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This past week the Wirral has had sun, rain, icy fog and snow .
Old Feb 10th 2019, 11:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

This past week the Wirral has had sun, rain, icy fog and snow .
Nothing's changed then since I moved back to Australia a few months ago. And I miss it.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing's changed then since I moved back to Australia a few months ago. And I miss it.
My Sister/BIL lived in Perth for about 5 years.

Old Feb 10th 2019, 12:24 pm
Concierge

My Sister/BIL lived in Perth for about 5 years.

Lots of British people here. It's my home town, husband is a Scouser and lived in Liverpool until he was 40. We moved back to Merseyside to retire, but he'd forgotten how much he hated the weather there. I can be happy in either country, so we moved back to Perth. I don't let him complain about the heat now
Old Feb 11th 2019, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

When I think of my/our favourite times in Perth they all relate to Spring, Autum and yes...Winter lol...not the summer though, we were more indoors than outdoors at that time of year., even after 14 years we did not really edjust to those high temps and we are very outdoorsy people which made.it worse. I am heading totCheshire oaks next week ..nearly your old part of the world....North west news has just been on tv and this Thursday is going great to be a barmy 15 for Manchester lol
Old Feb 11th 2019, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
When I think of my/our favourite times in Perth they all relate to Spring, Autum and yes...Winter lol...not the summer though, we were more indoors than outdoors at that time of year., even after 14 years we did not really edjust to those high temps and we are very outdoorsy people which made.it worse. I am heading totCheshire oaks next week ..nearly your old part of the world....North west news has just been on tv and this Thursday is going great to be a barmy 15 for Manchester lol
Envious .. wish we were on a flight to Manchester still waiting for hubbys visa. It has been 46 days since his biometrics and we paid priority. We are so ready for all of this to be over and back in the UK even with a Barmy 15.

Old Feb 12th 2019, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Envious .. wish we were on a flight to Manchester still waiting for hubbys visa. It has been 46 days since his biometrics and we paid priority. We are so ready for all of this to be over and back in the UK even with a Barmy 15.

I don't miss the weather in Manchester ( my home city) it was always humid to me in the winter. I do miss the shopping !! I will be back there in April for a wedding ,so am really looking forward to a good day in the Trafford Centre, finding clothes that might have a chance of fitting me.as opposed to the tiny things offered in Portuguese shops
Old Feb 12th 2019, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Your showing lots of homes in the Manchester/ Liverpool/ Wirral area UK winds Does that mean your friends have made a decision to move up there ?
You simple can't compare most British homes to American ones. Americans build much more spacious homes because they don't generally build in brick. Brick built homes are the norm in the UK and are therefore much more expensive with less space.
You showed a home in Bolton . We used to live in a village not far from there. I loved that town. My family have strong connections to the Wirral as well. We lived in Southport for 11 yrs and I would have stayed there for good . OH certainly would for the golf. Heh ho. I got 30 yrs of the Netherlands instead
Old Feb 12th 2019, 4:37 am
Concierge

I love Cheshire Oaks! My sisters loved it too, had to take them there every time they visited. Yes, the Perth summers certainly aren't for everyone, including me. Sometimes people don't believe that it gets too hot here to actually do anything except stay in the air conditioning. Have a great time at CO - hope you get lots of great bargains
Old Feb 12th 2019, 4:39 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Cheshire Oaks! My sisters loved it too, had to take them there every time they visited. Yes, the Perth summers certainly aren't for everyone, including me. Sometimes people don't believe that it gets too hot here to actually do anything except stay in the air conditioning. Have a great time at CO - hope you get lots of great bargains
I love this thread! I had to look up Cheshire Oaks to find out if it was in Western Australia or NW England!

Now I want to go there 🤔
Old Feb 13th 2019, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

We use to ask dad to take us as well when we use to visit the uk..and bless he did, sometimes
he would then drive us down to Conwy if we had time, as he knew I just loved that castle and the settings...
Old Feb 13th 2019, 9:19 am
Concierge

We use to ask dad to take us as well when we use to visit the uk..and bless he did, sometimes
he would then drive us down to Conwy if we had time, as he knew I just loved that castle and the settings...
Another lovely memory Brits, Conwy is very special to me. The first time we went we visited the castle and surrounds, then went for a walk along the high street. There's a little jewellers shop there and as scouse had proposed to me a couple of months before, we went in to look at rings. The jeweller was just shutting his doors, but he took pity on us and let us in for a browse. We asked to see the Clogau catalogue as we loved the idea of getting wedding rings made with Welsh gold. We chose our rings which had to be custom made, and the jeweller sent them to us in Australia a few months later. So special and such a beautiful place. Your dad was a good egg to drive you there on your visits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.