Best area to relocate

Old Oct 1st 2019, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

JoannaS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best area to relocate

Hi all,

I'm coming over to live in the UK. I am moving from South Africa. Family live in Kent, however Kent seems to be very family orientated and suburbia like. I am still youngish and single. However I dont as much stress as it is to live in London. Can anyone suggest places that are inbetween?
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best area to relocate

Originally Posted by JoannaS
Hi all,

I'm coming over to live in the UK. I am moving from South Africa. Family live in Kent, however Kent seems to be very family orientated and suburbia like. I am still youngish and single. However I dont as much stress as it is to live in London. Can anyone suggest places that are inbetween?
Well, you still have Canterbury in Kent:

https://www.kent.ac.uk/locations/canterbury
Our Canterbury campus was founded in 1965 with just 500 students. We now have around 16,500 students from 158 nationalities and a very cosmopolitan feel.

Welcome to Canterbury

Our self-contained Canterbury campus provides a welcoming environment and a close-knit student community. Campus life revolves around six colleges, the Templeman Library, the Gulbenkian arts centre and the Mandela Building (home of Kent Union) – all set among green and tranquil open spaces.

The city itself has a warm and friendly atmosphere. Explore medieval buildings, lively bars, atmospheric pubs and a wide range of shops just a 25-minute walk from campus. London is an hour away by high-speed train and we're also the closest UK city to mainland Europe, so you can be in Paris, Brussels or Lille within two hours.

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 1:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoannaS
Hi all,

Inbetween London and Kent? Or in-between in terms of between a city and suburbia? Do you have somewhere you need to commute to, and what's your rough budget for housing? Do you still want to be within easy reach of Kent or not bothered?
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

There is a large South African and Rhodesian expat community around Bournemouth. Jobs may be a bit of a challenge though so it depends what you do? Check out a facebook page for "South Africans in Bournemouth" as they have quite a lot of information there. The area around Bournemouth and Southampton will probably be the closest you will get to SA coastal towns. It might also be a bit family orientated though. Another area where you may like is Bristol. I would also avoid London!