Reload this Page >

Benefits in the UK (London)

Benefits in the UK (London)

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

markrod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Benefits in the UK (London)

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes I understand he is looking to get benefits;however if he articulated more clearly he might be able to get a job which would be more beneficial to him.
i applied to jobs that 25 miles away i applied to ten jobs i which i got a interview for one job i rang up for one job twice the guy said he get back to me he never did one job i went for i did not score enough points on the app
so i not sitting on my butt
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by formula
He/she wants benefits.
i am 44 years old he just needs some money to live on why i out of work and if that means apply for benifits well so be it
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markrod
i was a part time labouor for min wage
Mark,

How did you end up coming the the US. Were you perhaps married to a US citizen or perhaps you came over as a minor with parents?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

i was a part time labouor for min wage
Well good luck finding something soon. At least you're in Brighton, a place very dear to my heart.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Mark,

How did you end up coming the the US. Were you perhaps married to a US citizen or perhaps you came over as a minor with parents?
no i met a us lady on the internet and wanted to see the usa was like i must say its is a beautful land but there no place like your homeland
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Well good luck finding something soon. At least you're in Brighton, a place very dear to my heart.
well thank you for your hope in me
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

no i met a us lady on the internet and wanted to see the usa was like i must say its is a beautful land but there no place like your homeland
Forgive me for prying, but did you marry said lady? Were you here on a work visa? It's just you don't mention that, and if your stay in the US wasn't permanent e.g. you didn't have a green card etc, then may be that could be evidence of your temporary stay overseas and why you have now take up permanent residence back in the UK. In other words you couldn't stay in the US because you did not have the proper immigration paperwork? I say this because 11 years is a very long "visit"
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Forgive me for prying, but did you marry said lady? Were you here on a work visa? It's just you don't mention that, and if your stay in the US wasn't permanent e.g. you didn't have a green card etc, then may be that could be evidence of your temporary stay overseas and why you have now take up permanent residence back in the UK. In other words you couldn't stay in the US because you did not have the proper immigration paperwork? I say this because 11 years is a very long "visit"
no i did not marry the lady and t dtd not have the right paperwork i over stay my visa and they would not deport me because i dtd not commited a serious enough crime i did not want to stay in a homelees shelter and why now i come back to my place of birth because one of my stepfather not in good health and i not going back to the usa i volutry deport myself because the usa would not kick me out what esle your want to know
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

no i did not marry the lady and t dtd not have the right paperwork i over stay my visa and they would not deport me because i dtd not commited a serious enough crime i did not want to stay in a homelees shelter and why now i come back to my place of birth because one of my stepfather not in good health and i not going back to the usa i volutry deport myself because the usa would not kick me out what esle your want to know

I don't think you could go back to the US now even if you wanted to....ever...not even for a holiday.

Good luck finding a job. At least all the cycling will keep you fit.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

MarkR: you've been criticised for not writing very lucid posts. That's valid;-because if you make written application for jobs, that will go against you.

I notice that with BE,-if responding to a quote/post (not Quick Reply),-you have the option of a spell check. This is handy, it really is,-you should click on that and use it.

I've never had a problem with spelling, but I always spell check my posts using my own installed spell checker (ieSpell).

I don't agree with some of your comments, but agree you need a fighting chance to establish yourself back in the UK. Bad spelling errors send a bad message I promise you.

Give it a go; it won't turn you into an eloquent scribe, but it will help you. And for elsewhere-install a free spell check like ieS;-it will be really handy for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think you could go back to the US now even if you wanted to....ever...not even for a holiday.

Good luck finding a job. At least all the cycling will keep you fit.
to be honest i would not want to go back being homeless in a country thats not the place you was born in is scary but i did have some good times in the usa and what i learned that amercian people and the way of life and how people live the 2/3 of people in the usa are living pay cheque to pay cheque and are not like people from baywatch and 91210 has anyone watch billy connilly route 66 thats the real america
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
MarkR: you've been criticised for not writing very lucid posts. That's valid;-because if you make written application for jobs, that will go against you.

I notice that with BE,-if responding to a quote/post (not Quick Reply),-you have the option of a spell check. This is handy, it really is,-you should click on that and use it.

I've never had a problem with spelling, but I always spell check my posts using my own installed spell checker (ieSpell).

I don't agree with some of your comments, but agree you need a fighting chance to establish yourself back in the UK. Bad spelling errors send a bad message I promise you.

Give it a go; it won't turn you into an eloquent scribe, but it will help you. And for elsewhere-install a free spell check like ieS;-it will be really handy for you.
i am not good at compturs and i am on my nephew laptop and the letters jump i just keep on pushing that door open until i get somewhere
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:07 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

i am not good at compturs and i am on my nephew laptop and the letters jump i just keep on pushing that door open until i get somewhere
Keep trying, if so many immigrants can find work you can.
If you have been used to low pay illegal immigrant work in US then you should be able to find something, factory work, or even picking at the farms.
I was watching a show about how it's all Polish/Eastern European workers doing all the manual stuff now days, and they don't get minimum wage half the time either.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

to be honest i would not want to go back being homeless in a country thats not the place you was born in is scary but i did have some good times in the usa and what i learned that amercian people and the way of life and how people live the 2/3 of people in the usa are living pay cheque to pay cheque and are not like people from baywatch and 91210 has anyone watch billy connilly route 66 thats the real america
I have lived in 4 different countries and I have seen that many people in all four live pay cheque to pay cheque. The only difference in the UK is that there are benefits to help you out in times of need. Unfortunately, there are many people raping the system causing the government to crack down on payouts. By the looks of things it's getting more and more difficult to get money out of them.
I hope you can find a job and sort yourself out soon!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:10 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

i did not have a bank account in the usa the owner of the company i work for retired i was made homeless because my female friend i was with up and move to another part of the usa i was not intended to sign on when i got back to england i went straigt to my old company i worked which i worked 17 years for to see if there was any jobs there one of the reason i came back one of my family members is in poor health my mums two sisters died two years ago and my mum got no sibings...i borrowed someones push bike to bike ten miles to look for a job and three miles to go to the jobcentere to look for a job they put me on a course which i bike three miles cause i got no money to get public transport
So there you go then. That's what you need to focus on with the job centre.

It became impossible for you to remain in the USA (no home, no job there) and you returned to a part of the UK where you had history and have family. Since being back you've applied for work at X, Y and Z and you've arranged transport (the loan of a bike) to help you with that.

Your work intentions are displayed by you being on the course.

Now while it might seem daft to tell the job centre you're on a course they arranged, that course may not have started at the time the decision was made and/or the person making it wouldn't necessarily have considered it anyway.

Some staff simply apply a qualifying period of actual residency. It's wrong, but some do it. Examples are in the other threads here.

Your appeal might have more chance of success if you focus on the bolded parts.

You probably feel that you've said this to them already, and you may well have done.

But, typically, people are often shocked by this decision and haven't realised the importance of getting the full story over, believing that being British overrides everything else. It doesn't, as you've now discovered.

So the decision may have been made on the original information - probably recorded on an enquiry form. You need to make sure all this extra stuff is recorded so they can reconsider it all.

Have you done anything else that someone re-establishing themselves would do? Opened or resurrected a UK bank account; registered with a doctor; signed on with an agency.

If so, get that across too.

Probably the best you can hope for is for them to change their minds based on this new information.

A compromise alternative is giving up on the claim you made, but making another one from a current date and they may accept you are "more" resident now than you were before, if you see what I mean. Better to lose the first few weeks than to lose out indefinitely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.