British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Benefits in the UK (London) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/benefits-uk-london-740956/)

markrod Feb 22nd 2012 8:56 pm

Re: Benefits in the UK (London)

Originally Posted by paulpur (Post 9915627)
Id suggest the you appeal the decision, you are within your rights to do so and have nothing to lose

yes i am put i still not got a letter from they

Pollyana Feb 22nd 2012 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by markrod (Post 9915648)
yes i am put i still not got a letter from they

They may not actually understand what you are asking for, I had to read it several times. Perhaps approach it a little more clearly and logically - and without the swearing and abusive comments about migrants (of whom you were one when you moved to the US) ;)

markrod Feb 22nd 2012 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9915713)
They may not actually understand what you are asking for, I had to read it several times. Perhaps approach it a little more clearly and logically - and without the swearing and abusive comments about migrants (of whom you were one when you moved to the US) ;)

they know what i was askong for because they said t can get jsa are you in england it anit abusive comments its the truth and yes i was a immegrate in the us but i work there british people should be put first

dunroving Feb 22nd 2012 11:14 pm

Hold up, I need to get some popcorn.

Mummy in the foothills Feb 22nd 2012 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 9915913)
Hold up, I need to get some popcorn.

:popcorn: There ya go. I'll share.

SanDiegogirl Feb 22nd 2012 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by markrod (Post 9915892)
they know what i was askong for because they said t can get jsa are you in england it anit abusive comments its the truth and yes i was a immegrate in the us but i work there british people should be put first

With the greatest of respect is this the best you can do with regards comprehension, spelling and laying out your arguments clearly?

How do you expect to get work if you write and/or speak like this?

BristolUK Feb 23rd 2012 4:30 am

Originally Posted by markrod (Post 9915608)
whats that then:confused:

You said you were away for over ten years and a week after you're back you're off down the benefits office to make a claim. :eek: That doesn't look good.

Your post sounds a bit of a rant and the banana boat comment doesn't help. Perhaps you responded along those lines - maybe even with an indignant "but I'm British" response.

Much better to explain all those steps you took when you were moving back to the UK; that you closed your US bank accounts, wound up your housing situation over there, finished work, arranged for your belongings to be sent over, showed them your one way ticket etc etc and then also showed them all those things you had done to back up the idea that you have returned permanently; what you did for housing, how you were going to fund yourself, jobs applied for, why pick the area you were in...and anything else that builds a picture of a planned return to resettle in the UK.

formula Feb 23rd 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 9915940)
With the greatest of respect is this the best you can do with regards comprehension, spelling and laying out your arguments clearly?

He/she wants benefits.

Pollyana Feb 23rd 2012 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by markrod (Post 9915892)

If I could understand your post I might try to respond to it, as it is I think I'll join the :popcorn: brigade

:banghead:

Beedubya Feb 23rd 2012 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9915920)
:popcorn: There ya go. I'll share.

Have you got any extra? :lol:

Pulls seat up............

Karrie72 Feb 23rd 2012 2:29 pm

Markrod, if you don't mind me asking...what type of work did you do while living in the USA?

SanDiegogirl Feb 23rd 2012 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by formula (Post 9916695)
He/she wants benefits.

Yes I understand he is looking to get benefits;however if he articulated more clearly he might be able to get a job :) which would be more beneficial to him.

markrod Feb 23rd 2012 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 9915940)

with the greatest of respect i got a job interview and i spoke the bentfits people they said put ib appeal ror them to reconsider and has for the commnets about coming over on the banna boat i did not say that to they i not that draft its just a british term

markrod Feb 23rd 2012 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 9916263)
You said you were away for over ten years and a week after you're back you're off down the benefits office to make a claim. :eek: That doesn't look good.

Your post sounds a bit of a rant and the banana boat comment doesn't help. Perhaps you responded along those lines - maybe even with an indignant "but I'm British" response.

Much better to explain all those steps you took when you were moving back to the UK; that you closed your US bank accounts, wound up your housing situation over there, finished work, arranged for your belongings to be sent over, showed them your one way ticket etc etc and then also showed them all those things you had done to back up the idea that you have returned permanently; what you did for housing, how you were going to fund yourself, jobs applied for, why pick the area you were in...and anything else that builds a picture of a planned return to resettle in the UK.

i did not have a bank account in the usa the owner of the company i work for retired i was made homeless because my female friend i was with up and move to another part of the usa i was not intended to sign on when i got back to england i went straigt to my old company i worked which i worked 17 years for to see if there was any jobs there one of the reason i came back one of my family members is in poor health my mums two sisters died two years ago and my mum got no sibings my two brothers and sister and there kids who have worked all there lifes without signing on or claiming benifits i borrowed someones push bike to bike ten miles to look for a job and three miles to go to the jobcentere to look for a job they put me on a course which i bike three miles cause i got no money to get public transport

markrod Feb 23rd 2012 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Montfan72 (Post 9916937)
Markrod, if you don't mind me asking...what type of work did you do while living in the USA?

i was a part time labouor for min wage