Reload this Page >

Benefits in the UK (London)

Benefits in the UK (London)

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

markrod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Benefits in the UK (London)

Originally Posted by paulpur
Id suggest the you appeal the decision, you are within your rights to do so and have nothing to lose
yes i am put i still not got a letter from they
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markrod
yes i am put i still not got a letter from they
They may not actually understand what you are asking for, I had to read it several times. Perhaps approach it a little more clearly and logically - and without the swearing and abusive comments about migrants (of whom you were one when you moved to the US)
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They may not actually understand what you are asking for, I had to read it several times. Perhaps approach it a little more clearly and logically - and without the swearing and abusive comments about migrants (of whom you were one when you moved to the US)
they know what i was askong for because they said t can get jsa are you in england it anit abusive comments its the truth and yes i was a immegrate in the us but i work there british people should be put first
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hold up, I need to get some popcorn.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Hold up, I need to get some popcorn.
There ya go. I'll share.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

they know what i was askong for because they said t can get jsa are you in england it anit abusive comments its the truth and yes i was a immegrate in the us but i work there british people should be put first
With the greatest of respect is this the best you can do with regards comprehension, spelling and laying out your arguments clearly?

How do you expect to get work if you write and/or speak like this?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 3:30 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

whats that then
You said you were away for over ten years and a week after you're back you're off down the benefits office to make a claim. That doesn't look good.

Your post sounds a bit of a rant and the banana boat comment doesn't help. Perhaps you responded along those lines - maybe even with an indignant "but I'm British" response.

Much better to explain all those steps you took when you were moving back to the UK; that you closed your US bank accounts, wound up your housing situation over there, finished work, arranged for your belongings to be sent over, showed them your one way ticket etc etc and then also showed them all those things you had done to back up the idea that you have returned permanently; what you did for housing, how you were going to fund yourself, jobs applied for, why pick the area you were in...and anything else that builds a picture of a planned return to resettle in the UK.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
With the greatest of respect is this the best you can do with regards comprehension, spelling and laying out your arguments clearly?

He/she wants benefits.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If I could understand your post I might try to respond to it, as it is I think I'll join the brigade

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 12:46 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
There ya go. I'll share.
Have you got any extra?

Pulls seat up............
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Markrod, if you don't mind me asking...what type of work did you do while living in the USA?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by formula
He/she wants benefits.
Yes I understand he is looking to get benefits;however if he articulated more clearly he might be able to get a job which would be more beneficial to him.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl

with the greatest of respect i got a job interview and i spoke the bentfits people they said put ib appeal ror them to reconsider and has for the commnets about coming over on the banna boat i did not say that to they i not that draft its just a british term
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BristolUK
You said you were away for over ten years and a week after you're back you're off down the benefits office to make a claim. That doesn't look good.

Your post sounds a bit of a rant and the banana boat comment doesn't help. Perhaps you responded along those lines - maybe even with an indignant "but I'm British" response.

Much better to explain all those steps you took when you were moving back to the UK; that you closed your US bank accounts, wound up your housing situation over there, finished work, arranged for your belongings to be sent over, showed them your one way ticket etc etc and then also showed them all those things you had done to back up the idea that you have returned permanently; what you did for housing, how you were going to fund yourself, jobs applied for, why pick the area you were in...and anything else that builds a picture of a planned return to resettle in the UK.
i did not have a bank account in the usa the owner of the company i work for retired i was made homeless because my female friend i was with up and move to another part of the usa i was not intended to sign on when i got back to england i went straigt to my old company i worked which i worked 17 years for to see if there was any jobs there one of the reason i came back one of my family members is in poor health my mums two sisters died two years ago and my mum got no sibings my two brothers and sister and there kids who have worked all there lifes without signing on or claiming benifits i borrowed someones push bike to bike ten miles to look for a job and three miles to go to the jobcentere to look for a job they put me on a course which i bike three miles cause i got no money to get public transport
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Montfan72
Markrod, if you don't mind me asking...what type of work did you do while living in the USA?
i was a part time labouor for min wage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.