Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:28 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Unhappy Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Please Please I need some advise

I went to the British consulate yesterday in South Africa with all my documents dad birth marriage from The UK and my vault copy and all the other docs they require .. The lady informed me then that She cant take my application as my dad only Registered my birth in 1992 ( late Registration) I need to proof now that I was born to my parents in 1976. With Hospital records or something in the same year. I phoned my dad and he said the reason was due to a flood at the Home affairs department in 1976 my and many other registration documents was destroyed and for that reason he had to do a late registration. I phoned the Hospital that I was born at and they only keep history for 5 years Mum and Dad doesn't have anything from my birth as it was 32 years ago.

I have asked phoned and I cant find anything except bout the flood 1976

What must I do now ?

Please please is there any advise or help ?

Doulin
Doulin is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:51 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
aasmith1957's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: back in bonnie scotland
Posts: 342
aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

just thinking if you go online to the births,marriages and deaths for the uk and try from there.a fee will be charged to get the information ,maybe able to get new birth certificate then.maybe need to send copies? of all other documentation through to london as i know you can do the geneology? there,sorry cant be of much help.hope you get it sorted outmaybe your parents will have to sign something in front of a judge. what about records at your mums gp during her pregnancy, sa arent disputing you are their child or anything are they?
aasmith1957 is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:20 pm
  #3  
JAJ
Retired
 
JAJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 34,649
JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

You need an immigration solicitor as you may need to legal action to sort this out. In other words, you make an application, they formally refuse => you have to then go to court.

It's not about proof of citizenship but proof of identity, however the passport process is highly arbitrary. Do you have South African ID documentation, preferably documentation from many years ago (school records, South African passport etc).

One option is to apply for a Right of Abode stamp in your South African passport. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

For professional assistance, contact Laura Devine: http://www.lauradevine.com
JAJ is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 1:54 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by JAJ
You need an immigration solicitor as you may need to legal action to sort this out. In other words, you make an application, they formally refuse => you have to then go to court.

Well they did not want to take my application at all


It's not about proof of citizenship but proof of identity, however the passport process is highly arbitrary. Do you have South African ID documentation, preferably documentation from many years ago (school records, South African passport etc).

I have certificates and yes I also do have a Sa Passport issued last year and a SA Id doc I also can try and get more school documents

My husband has phoned the register of SA and they can see that I have been Register before 1992 - we are waiting to see what the result will be there

One option is to apply for a Right of Abode stamp in your South African passport. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Well I am going to be positive and hopefully I can get some miracle happening very soon



For professional assistance, contact Laura Devine: http://www.lauradevine.com
Hopefully with lots of prayers something will happen its just so frustrating and its just A ongoing complications. Since we have started this process last year But Lets all pray that it will work out in the end I just want to be with my family
Doulin is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:51 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Norn Iron ex Cape Town
Posts: 230
Donna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Hang in there Doulin, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I had to apply for a copy of my UK birth certificate from SA for my new UK passport and it was delivered within 30 days but took 6 weeks to get my son's birth certificate from home affairs and it turned out to be the wrong one as they need a "vault" copy. Wish someone had told me that in the beginning. It does time lots of time and patience but you'll get there in the end.
Donna Allan is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:58 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 59
Td0t will become famous soon enoughTd0t will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

The hospital only keeps birth records for 5 years. However it's possible that SA government keeps birth records for longer.

I'm not sure how it works in SA. Is Home Affairs the only government office that could (if not for the flood) provide you with an offical photostatic copy your birth regisitration? That document should have you're parents' details. If you could get it, the passport office would accept such a certified document as proof of decent.

Last edited by Td0t; Jan 29th 2009 at 7:15 pm.
Td0t is offline  
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:49 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
JJSE456 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by Doulin
Please Please I need some advise

I went to the British consulate yesterday in South Africa with all my documents dad birth marriage from The UK and my vault copy and all the other docs they require .. The lady informed me then that She cant take my application as my dad only Registered my birth in 1992 ( late Registration) I need to proof now that I was born to my parents in 1976. With Hospital records or something in the same year. I phoned my dad and he said the reason was due to a flood at the Home affairs department in 1976 my and many other registration documents was destroyed and for that reason he had to do a late registration. I phoned the Hospital that I was born at and they only keep history for 5 years Mum and Dad doesn't have anything from my birth as it was 32 years ago.

I have asked phoned and I cant find anything except bout the flood 1976

What must I do now ?

Please please is there any advise or help ?

Doulin
Hope it all works out well!!
JJSE456 is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:59 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Red face Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
just thinking if you go online to the births,marriages and deaths for the uk and try from there.a fee will be charged to get the information ,maybe able to get new birth certificate then.maybe need to send copies? of all other documentation through to london as i know you can do the geneology? there,sorry cant be of much help.hope you get it sorted outmaybe your parents will have to sign something in front of a judge. what about records at your mums gp during her pregnancy, sa arent disputing you are their child or anything are they?
I cant go to the UK birth site As I was born in SA. They are basicly desputing the fact that I was re registard in 1992 and I was born in 1976 but my Dad did Registar me in 1976 and there was a flood in the home affairs office and al documents was destroyed and for that reason he had to reregistar me in 1992 to beable to get my ID at 16
Doulin is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:03 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Red face Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by Donna Allan
Hang in there Doulin, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I had to apply for a copy of my UK birth certificate from SA for my new UK passport and it was delivered within 30 days but took 6 weeks to get my son's birth certificate from home affairs and it turned out to be the wrong one as they need a "vault" copy. Wish someone had told me that in the beginning. It does time lots of time and patience but you'll get there in the end.
I got my vault copy That took 7 months. I have all the documents but now they want more proof... I have lots of patience but its just been a struggle and I just want something to go right and get to my family in the UK.

Thank you so much for your reply Its nice to know there is people that has the same issue
Doulin is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:08 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by Td0t
The hospital only keeps birth records for 5 years. However it's possible that SA government keeps birth records for longer.

I'm not sure how it works in SA. Is Home Affairs the only government office that could (if not for the flood) provide you with an offical photostatic copy your birth regisitration? That document should have you're parents' details. If you could get it, the passport office would accept such a certified document as proof of decent.
Yes Home affairs is the only one that can give us records. If the flood did not happen this would of not been a problem. I do have a vault copy of my birth but this is the problem it is the 2nd Registration copy from 1992. and this is the reason why I have to get proof of my first year of birth .
Doulin is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:17 am
  #11  
Oiiii.. You slaggg!
 
DunRoaminTheUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Brisbaneshire
Posts: 5,209
DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by Doulin
Yes Home affairs is the only one that can give us records. If the flood did not happen this would of not been a problem. I do have a vault copy of my birth but this is the problem it is the 2nd Registration copy from 1992. and this is the reason why I have to get proof of my first year of birth .
Is there a lateral solution such as other documents / photos that prove your birth date / era? Just a thought?
DunRoaminTheUK is offline  
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:29 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Is there a lateral solution such as other documents / photos that prove your birth date / era? Just a thought?
U see that the problem its 32 years ago and mum and dad dont have hospital records anymore, and they dont want photos ( that i do Have)

Hubby has got in contact with someone at the population Registar and they can see that there was 2 Registrations of my birth but our Home affairs only keeps the lastest one. They are busy getting the info and hopefully they can supply us with a letter of some kind to say that there was 2 reg and the reason for the 2nd one is because of the paper work lost in the flood. Our Homeaffairs here takes a long time to get any thing from them it took me 7 months to get my unabridge birth certificate and vault copy. And Time is off the essens in this case as we need to be in the UK by end of aug as my eldest is turning 15 in Aug ( As per jaj reply in prev thread)

Lets hope and pray
Doulin is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:10 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Smile UPDATE !!!!Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by Doulin
Please Please I need some advise

I went to the British consulate yesterday in South Africa with all my documents dad birth marriage from The UK and my vault copy and all the other docs they require .. The lady informed me then that She cant take my application as my dad only Registered my birth in 1992 ( late Registration) I need to proof now that I was born to my parents in 1976. With Hospital records or something in the same year. I phoned my dad and he said the reason was due to a flood at the Home affairs department in 1976 my and many other registration documents was destroyed and for that reason he had to do a late registration. I phoned the Hospital that I was born at and they only keep history for 5 years Mum and Dad doesn't have anything from my birth as it was 32 years ago.

I have asked phoned and I cant find anything except bout the flood 1976

What must I do now ?

Please please is there any advise or help ?

Doulin

Well I have an update for you wonderfull people after a battle of note at our homeaffairs office I got the right letter and at last I can now apply for my british passport. There was a flood in 1976 and they have confirmed that Dad and Mum is my bilogical parents and that the registration that was done was the second one and that as per our population registar that i was registard in 1976 but the documents was destroyed by the flood . I am exstremly exited that I now can apply Thanks for all your support YOU guys is amazing
Doulin is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:10 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: South Africa
Posts: 32
Doulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really niceDoulin is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: UPDATE !!!!Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Originally Posted by Doulin

Well I have an update for you wonderfull people after a battle of note at our homeaffairs office I got the right letter and at last I can now apply for my british passport. There was a flood in 1976 and they have confirmed that Dad and Mum is my bilogical parents and that the registration that was done was the second one and that as per our population registar that i was registard in 1976 but the documents was destroyed by the flood . I am exstremly exited that I now can apply Thanks for all your support YOU guys is amazing
update I received my British Passport Yesterday I am so so happy.. Now for the next step the settlement visas for my kids and Hubby
Doulin is offline  
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:07 pm
  #15  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 463
Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Begging for some advise help UK passport Problems

Congratulations.
Celtic Princess is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.