Wikiposts

Been in uk a week

Old Dec 13th 2009, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been in uk a week

Originally Posted by jad n rich
quick update, excuse typing weird keyboard.

been here a week, weather fab given what we expected sunny for 3/4 hours a day, about 12 degrees top, you need a jacket or hoodie would boil if you had a big coat on.

shops mental, you just walk around and wonder how the hell we pay what we do in oz, makes you angry really we are so ripped off, kids who hate shopping have even got into it a bit food - so many deals and bargains its hard to pay full price for anything unless you want a specific brand, feeding 2 teens and moi on about 8 - 10 a day and as anyone with teens knows what they eat, that includes a few treats too, stuff we wouldnt usually eat but its holidays..

chavs - seen a few, same as bogon quota really except we are currently in a poorer area, moving onto posh rels next week, will see. rels all doing well nobody seems to be under great hardship at all, not what you expect from the news..... budget here lots of moaning, i think its the sort of buget oz will get after the election

christmas, yep its christmassy, ice skating, shops, decs, food, atmosphere, but of course a bit weird as its not at all cold, hopefully that will happen next week.

well hope your all enjoying the heat in oz, dont miss it one bit, heard an aussie accent on tv last night and were all screaming oh noooo do we sound like that, omg cringe

all for now

oh yeah singapore was fantastic, singapore air, a380, well its just another plane really, economy is still economy, we left bris the day they closed the airport from storm, horrid turbulence with passengers screaming - great fun.
Great to hear you are havng a lovely time...I am very envious (bad I know) sat in an aircon home....pitch black and not a sole outside....on a computer when I am in my prime...(well I am...according to facts and figures) when I should be out having fun....oh no thats not correct just about to walk my dog....again...spray on mossie stuff...etc....etc.......oh well not long before we are on a plane.....
Have a lovely Christmas and the best of wishes for the New Year...and hope your holiday goes nice and slowly....
Old Dec 14th 2009, 1:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Had a pint of Guinness in a country pub in the middle of nowhere, Co. Wicklow yesterday. It took about 10 minutes before he topped it up after settling. Gorgeous!
Bliss
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Had a pint of Guinness in a country pub in the middle of nowhere, Co. Wicklow yesterday. It took about 10 minutes before he topped it up after settling. Gorgeous!
A pint of Kilkenny it a new pub in Leederville cost $18....yes $18 officially the dearest pint in Aus......
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

weather is getting quite christmas like - mid december and snow is predicted in next day or so it is cold, have borrowed a sheep fleece jacket from my bro, its made for a 6 foot bloke and on me it looks like i am a hobo but its warm as toast. we are getting email from oz saying how everyone was hating the heat last week, funny that as were loving the weather here- kids prefer it too, they look really great dressed up in jeans etc instead of board shorts all the time.

no muggings or stabbings yet feel quite safe, no different from being in melb or sydney or bris in reality.

went to asda- huge place, spent £40 and that was 7 bags of groceries, including chicken, beef, king prawns, loads of veg and all the stuff teens eat was telling the lady what we would have paid in oz for that lot still cant get over the price of stuff here, no wonder the shops are packed. confession time, i went to primark, omg if oz ever gets one of them there will be a bloody riot! of course lots of tatt, sequined leggings anyone, or gold lycra nickers which my boys got a laugh out of as they were snapped up by a large lady with a booty the size of a bus

bad things - packaging, better than it was but still mountans of double packed stuff, booze could be bad, cheap as hell, great for me, but for those with problems... one day you could get 4 carlsberg for £1 that sort of thing, probably not responsible is it.

ba strike looks like its on so partner may not get here were booked with qantas ff, but on ba, as an aussie hes not worried about it, thinks it wont happen, gawd knows, some court action today, maybe not....

still have not met anyone we know with a job loss or house, in fact several relateive have used the recession to their obvious advantage, having snapped up prime housing at cheap prices - central locations and cheaper than you would get in central melb or sydney by a long shot. of course some people in the uk are unemployed as they are in oz - however my relatives here are not so thats that.

trip going by way too fast, half way point soon, and i have already felt that emotional dread of the return, however i just kick myself and enjoy being here all the more.

better stop wafflin, my lovely son turns 16 tomorrow and were off to find him a gift, hopefully while out we will get a snow flurry or two, so basically having a dickens of a time

Last edited by jad n rich; Dec 15th 2009 at 8:32 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
weather is getting quite christmas like - mid december and snow is predicted in next day or so it is cold, have borrowed a sheep fleece jacket from my bro, its made for a 6 foot bloke and on me it looks like i am a hobo but its warm as toast. we are getting email from oz saying how everyone was hating the heat last week, funny that as were loving the weather here- kids prefer it too, they look really great dressed up in jeans etc instead of board shorts all the time.

no muggings or stabbings yet feel quite safe, no different from being in melb or sydney or bris in reality.

went to asda- huge place, spent £40 and that was 7 bags of groceries, including chicken, beef, king prawns, loads of veg and all the stuff teens eat was telling the lady what we would have paid in oz for that lot still cant get over the price of stuff here, no wonder the shops are packed. confession time, i went to primark, omg if oz ever gets one of them there will be a bloody riot! of course lots of tatt, sequined leggings anyone, or gold lycra nickers which my boys got a laugh out of as they were snapped up by a large lady with a booty the size of a bus

bad things - packaging, better than it was but still mountans of double packed stuff, booze could be bad, cheap as hell, great for me, but for those with problems... one day you could get 4 carlsberg for £1 that sort of thing, probably not responsible is it.

ba strike looks like its on so partner may not get here were booked with qantas ff, but on ba, as an aussie hes not worried about it, thinks it wont happen, gawd knows, some court action today, maybe not....

still have not met anyone we know with a job loss or house, in fact several relateive have used the recession to their obvious advantage, having snapped up prime housing at cheap prices - central locations and cheaper than you would get in central melb or sydney by a long shot. of course some people in the uk are unemployed as they are in oz - however my relatives here are not so thats that.

trip going by way too fast, half way point soon, and i have already felt that emotional dread of the return, however i just kick myself and enjoy being here all the more.

better stop wafflin, my lovely son turns 16 tomorrow and were off to find him a gift, hopefully while out we will get a snow flurry or two, so basically having a dickens of a time
Don't blink or you may miss any snow. Supposed to snow where i am on Friday. But they said it will be gone as fast as it comes.
Glad you are enjoying your trip. Primark is the pits lol...don't think i have ever bought anything from there yet!
Not sure what's worse..Primark of Kmart?

Have a great Xmas Jad
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Onya Jad&Rich!Hope you get some snow tomorrow,how xmassy would that be!Sounds like you're having a great time.Enjoy and keep us posted!xx
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Don't blink or you may miss any snow. Supposed to snow where i am on Friday. But they said it will be gone as fast as it comes.
Glad you are enjoying your trip. Primark is the pits lol...don't think i have ever bought anything from there yet!
Not sure what's worse..Primark of Kmart?

Have a great Xmas Jad
Kmart..lol.....at least at Primark they try to be very current in the ladies fashions....lol...might be cheap but you pay more at Kmart and certainly not fashionable....I'm a Next girl myself.....shopped in shops (as you do)..... overseas and here in Aus but I still love the clothes in Next....I shop at Witchery and Cue here in Aus....don't mind some of country road items either...for what you purchase though it is expensive compaired to decent shops at home..and bras from Marks are just great for the price and quality...just spent $60 on a Decent (hard to come by here I find) bra from Myers....hope you all get some snow....the visits we had back home (even the holiday which started in very early March)we were very lucky to have had snow...just the icing on the cake...especially the 1st Christmas & New Year holiday after 7 years in Aus.
Have you bought Rich the"Chritstmas Day Jumper" Jan?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
A pint of Kilkenny it a new pub in Leederville cost $18....yes $18 officially the dearest pint in Aus......
Someone get me a coke.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Someone get me a coke.
Good job I drink Lime and Soda water (sad I know) but then my Oh makes up for it as he loves Kilkenny...acutally he says "theres no bad beer...except for Aussie brand beer"...lol now that's a fib...he enjoys a pint of Fosters but only "back home" says it does not taste the same here in Perth and that's when you can buy it here on draft....I will find out on Sunday how much a drink of coke is.....what this space....
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:34 pm
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Why is beer so expensive in Australia??

I had always assumed it would be cheaper here.

It was 6 Stellas for a fiver in Tesco when I was in the UK a few months back.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mono
Maybe because there is no competition, so they can charge what they want.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Maybe because there is no competition, so they can charge what they want.
....and because most of them have no taste and will drink any old shit
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
....and because most of them have no taste and will drink any old shit
Hmm,that explains Aussies with bad breath
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:04 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the one thing i miss from England is the real ale. Trouble with Irish pubs is they have the same taps in every pub.

Kilkenny... erk, wouldnt pay 18p for it!

18p, actually i would
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:07 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mono

I had always assumed it would be cheaper here.

It was 6 Stellas for a fiver in Tesco when I was in the UK a few months back.
Competition. Small island, full of people.

Im a few miles west and booze is twice as much. Only 5 million of us on this island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.