Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

BC to Wiltshire...6 week update.

BC to Wiltshire...6 week update.

Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of
Default BC to Wiltshire...6 week update.

Time for an update I thought so here's the news after six weeks.

Settled in to the rental place, the new sofa should arrive soon. We're almost back into the swing of things day to day. I've had a few interviews now so am waiting for that eulsive job offer to arrive.

Once that's in place the hunt for our own place starts in earnest. We've been visiting a few towns and villages near by and at the moment Cirencester and Cheltenham are quite high on the list.

Weather's certainly been interesting but it's varied which is great. Hopefully the next update will be good news on the job front.

TTFN
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC to Wiltshire...6 week update.

Sounds great
Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:00 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

here's for the job
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ciderman

Settled in to the rental place, the new sofa should arrive soon. We're almost back into the swing of things day to day. I've had a few interviews now so am waiting for that eulsive job offer to arrive.

Once that's in place the hunt for our own place starts in earnest. We've been visiting a few towns and villages near by and at the moment Cirencester and Cheltenham are quite high on the list.

Weather's certainly been interesting but it's varied which is great. Hopefully the next update will be good news on the job front.

TTFN
Lovely news....I am sure a job offer will arrive soon..it was/is always a bit quiet of the job front this time of year....just cannot wait to be able to post a thread like this...I still have the hard work of sorting out shipping...etc...gulp....
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

TTFN
Coming home to all that snow must be a shock. Although you were in Canada so not sure if it was a shock too much!
I've been home a year and still looking for a house to buy
We'll get there eventually...good luck to you.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Quick update to my update. Had two job offers this week, accepted the best one, starting in a week, whehey!

So next comes the house.....
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Quick update to my update. Had two job offers this week, accepted the best one, starting in a week, whehey!

Nah, can't be true..there are no jobs in UK, we are all out of work lol.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:23 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Or claiming benefits while popping out a sprog every 9 months by a different father and working on the side selling crack.

Last edited by dunroving; Feb 6th 2010 at 10:24 am. Reason: Oops, put 12 months - forgetting what I learned in biology lessons
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dunroving
Or claiming benefits while popping out a sprog every 9 months by a different father and working on the side selling crack.
Shhhh, don't give my identity away
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:41 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Ciderman!

Bev
Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Watching the news lately it does make you wonder if all the negative press around the world turned the recession into a self-fulfilling prophecy....deep thought for a Saturday afternoon; brain's hurting now.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:32 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Wow ... two job offers !! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

So there ARE jobs really and truly??
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ciderman
you have given me a boost we have been back 10 days and crawling up the walk with lack of interviews/jobs, agencies are a waste of time. we now have transport, DS settled in school (he hops skips and jumps each morning to not find that in NZ) and a lovely rental keep fingers crossed for us
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the job offers - that's great
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manamama
Wow ... two job offers !! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

So there ARE jobs really and truly??
Originally Posted by janeyk
Hey Ciderman
you have given me a boost we have been back 10 days and crawling up the walk with lack of interviews/jobs, agencies are a waste of time. we now have transport, DS settled in school (he hops skips and jumps each morning to not find that in NZ) and a lovely rental keep fingers crossed for us
There definitely seem to be jobs out there but obviously where you live and your skills determine how many jobs there are for you. I definitely found the agency thing to be a real pain myself as some are really bad whilst others are great and it's only once you've dealt with them a while that you find out which is which.

One thing to do some research on is the format of your CV as it can make the difference between getting an interview or not. I found that mine was too North American and once I reformatted it to reflect the UK generic layout it seemed to get more attention. There's a lot of CV writing companies out there that charge anywhere from £80 to £250 pounds. I got a free review from FullerCV but didn't go through with paying them to rewrite mine however I did find a free e-book on their web site www.fullercv.com that had some useful tips and information plus some generic CV templates.

Fingers crossed with the job hunting; I spent 2 to 3 hours a day on the hunt and the two offers I got came within a few days of each other after just over a month of looking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.