Banks

Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banks

The one other thing to keep in mind here, is the difference in banking laws state-to-state.

We opened a checking accout with a fairly large regional bank. We moved to another state, and changed the type of checking acct we had, which allowed us to open 2 free savings accounts in the new state. Come to find out out, though, we could not link the savings to the checking (for overdraft protection) because of inter-state banking laws, because the checking was originally opened in state #1 and the savings in state #2. Or, at least, this is what we were told.

The old method of mattress-banking is alive and well in my neck of the woods. My best friends' mother passed away about 6 months ago. When she was helping to clean her folks house out, they found about $75k she had hidden in various places around the house. Who knew how long that cash had just been sitting there - think of the interest it could have earned for the decade or two it was probably there.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basementwaj
BOA screwed me out of $200 in 'award' money for opening a particular account and for the interest rate they promised me but didnt give.
Then they promised me a credit card with no annual fee, $60 later i was on the phone screaming at them.

I called the bank on manyh occasions and teh best i got was a $50 direct deposit from the bank manager as it was he that promised me all the wonderful thing and i threatend to go to his bosses and lodge a formal complaint about him.
I have some BOA horror stories too - both with credit cards and mortgages. I wouldn't mind the occasional mistake, but it's the fact that you know they will f*** up every single time in every imaginable way while promising that they won't do it again that really winds me up.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's quite scary, because the back end was really really shit, they overhauled quite a lot of it so it's less shit over a year ago but...hmmm
That would explain a lot...
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Biggest peeve at the moment is the way debit card purchases don't appear on the statement with a proper name. Instead it seems to be the store address or the parent company even!!!
So instead of Target it's 1234 High Street??
And instead or Home Depot it'd be Kingsfisher or somesuch!!

One thing that is handy is the draw down on funds from a deposited check. Some is available immediately, another chunk a few days later then the rest at the end of the week.

And setting up a direct deposit is the wierdest. Handing over a cancelled check???
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:13 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
I have some BOA horror stories too - both with credit cards and mortgages. I wouldn't mind the occasional mistake, but it's the fact that you know they will f*** up every single time in every imaginable way while promising that they won't do it again that really winds me up.
The wife has a BoA account - don't use it for anything now though. I frequently transfer money between Wachovia, Chase and HSBC accounts without a problem.

On of the last straws with BoA was when they stopped us being able to pay the BoA credit card balance online with anything but a BoA account (they removed the external account that we'd been using when they "upgraded" their website).
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil

On of the last straws with BoA was when they stopped us being able to pay the BoA credit card balance online with anything but a BoA account (they removed the external account that we'd been using when they "upgraded" their website).

I know! God, that really frosts my butt! :curse: We originally had a secured card with them (when we first moved over to establish credit) and then had it upgraded to a standard card. However, they never closed our savings account that we had to open to have the secured card. So ok, well we had like $99 in there and I decided to use $90 of it one time to pay the card (because the savings account is the only way you can pay a credit card, well unless you have a checking account - which you know) which left a $9 balance. Well since it was below, I guess $99, they have assessed administrative fees every month (at $3 a month) so now I actually owe them money because I haven't checked the balance of that account in a while, nor do I usually. Morons! :curse: