Reload this Page >

Bank accounts and mortgages

Bank accounts and mortgages

Old Jul 26th 2020, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

happy artist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank accounts and mortgages

Hello!

im looking to move back to the UK. I need to open a UK bank account. I’m in the US and have been here 23 years. I’m a UK citizen. I’m having trouble opening up a up bank account...any recommendations?
second question...UK mortgages....any recommendations on who will give me a mortgage given that I’m not currently resident in the UK.

Thanks so much,

lisa
Old Jul 27th 2020, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank accounts and mortgages

My son opened an account with HSBC then was able to open an account in their UK branch prior to moving back. A friend did the same thing with HSBC for his move back from the US to France. I think Barclays also do this.

I believe you can also open a Transferwise borderless account that will give you a UK sort code and account number.

I don’t know about mortgages, hopefully someone will come along with advice.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 10:46 am
Just Joined

OllieCat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank accounts and mortgages

We were out of the UK for 20 years. We did keep a UK bank account open but we also wanted a mortgage on our return. We had to have been in employment for 6 months in the UK before we were given a mortgage. Not sure if that helps...