Reload this Page >

Bank account chicken/egg - splitting time between US/UK

Bank account chicken/egg - splitting time between US/UK

Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Lis123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank account chicken/egg - splitting time between US/UK

Greetings all!

Am still working in California but re-establishing residency in UK.
Running into chicken/egg in regards to bank account/address! I have an address, but no proof as I still legally live/work in US.
Am not the owner, so have no bills in my name to show to the bank etc.
Am not being fraudulent, just looking for best way to open a bank account here in UK.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

At this point all I can think of is opening e.g. a HSBC account in the states, and trying to add a UK address in addition.

Thank you.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Bank account chicken/egg - splitting time between US/UK

I should add - I have already done my TOR and shipped my belongings.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

When our son moved over and opened a bank account he was living with us so had no bills in his name, however the bank accepted a letter from us stating that he was living with us. (We also supplied bills in our name to prove we lived at that address.)
Old Dec 19th 2017, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by durham_lad
When our son moved over and opened a bank account he was living with us so had no bills in his name, however the bank accepted a letter from us stating that he was living with us. (We also supplied bills in our name to prove we lived at that address.)
Fabulous.
It's worth a try!!
Thankyou for that
Old Dec 19th 2017, 4:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
Originally Posted by Lis123
Fabulous.
It's worth a try!!
Thankyou for that
Can also help to have an official letter addressed to you at that address that you wouldn't get without access.
Pension forecast maybe? Or even if you know your National Insurance Number you could apply as if you don't know it and that may result in a letter advising it being sent to you.