Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Ball park figure - cost of flying dogs back

Ball park figure - cost of flying dogs back

Old May 30th 2016, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ball park figure - cost of flying dogs back

Hi, we have an opportunity to return to the UK for a year or so and it seems too good to miss, just trying to price up the cost before we do anything further. We'd rent the house out here etc but I have an elderly 13 year old dog about 25kgs (Vizsla) who I would have to take back with me. She is deaf but otherwise in pretty good nick, vet says she will be fine on the flight I also have a Border Terrier about 6kgs.

Has anyone recently shipped dogs back of these sizes and can tell me what it cost? I will contact the shippers for an accurate quote but just wondered if anyone can give me an idea.

Thanks in advance
Old May 31st 2016, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ball park figure - cost of flying dogs back

It goes on size of the crate rather than the weight, so it will depend on what size crate they need.

We have just flown a Chihuahua from Perth to London. He was able to go in the smallest crate which cost AUS$3K. I don't know where you are, but if in Oz or maybe even New Zealand call Dogtainers
Old May 31st 2016, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vetnurse1
Hi, we have an opportunity to return to the UK for a year or so and it seems too good to miss, just trying to price up the cost before we do anything further. We'd rent the house out here etc but I have an elderly 13 year old dog about 25kgs (Vizsla) who I would have to take back with me. She is deaf but otherwise in pretty good nick, vet says she will be fine on the flight I also have a Border Terrier about 6kgs.

Has anyone recently shipped dogs back of these sizes and can tell me what it cost? I will contact the shippers for an accurate quote but just wondered if anyone can give me an idea.

Thanks in advance
We shipped a small dog back from NZ three years ago. We used southern comfort kennels.
It cost a good $3000
Old May 31st 2016, 8:58 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
It goes on size of the crate rather than the weight, so it will depend on what size crate they need.

We have just flown a Chihuahua from Perth to London. He was able to go in the smallest crate which cost AUS$3K. I don't know where you are, but if in Oz or maybe even New Zealand call Dogtainers
Just flown toy poodle and persian cat - NZ to LHR last week. Used dogtainers - absolutely excellent. Cost $3800 nzd plus 392gbp for UK clearance
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, they are wonderful. Our little fella had to be dropped off with them at 10am but wasn't flying until 10pm and we were worried that he would just be left in his crate. But, nope, they had him out and gave lots of cuddles and walks all day and sent us pictures during the day of him.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 5:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vetnurse1

Thanks in advance
Would help if you told us where you were flying them from.

November 2015, 45kg golden retriever from Perth to Manchester in a custom made crate, AU$4,200. That included absolutely everything, crate, documentation, vaccines, pre-flight worming, transport from my home to the airport, flights with Emirates, immigration procedures and transport from Manchester airport to my home on the Wirral.