Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news - lost our dog on flight home

Originally Posted by mike&jo
Hi all

We have no idea why or what happened, but Alfie, one of our 2 King charles spaniels died on the flight back to the UK. Apparantly he was fine in Perth and Singapore, but they found him dead in his crate on arrival at Heathrow on Friday morning.
He was only 3 and was my little boys dog. He adored him and he has been inconsolable since we broke the news to him on Friday.

There has to be a full investigation because he was coming into quarantine here. As soon as I know what happened and why, I will let you all know, but he is in London with the ministry at the moment whilst they carry out their routine investigations and procedures.

Jo

How sad.

I am sorry for your family's loss. They do become one of the family and when that happens it is awful.

Sending you Karma
Ian
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:58 pm

pomijean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

We have no idea why or what happened, but Alfie, one of our 2 King charles spaniels died on the flight back to the UK. Apparantly he was fine in Perth and Singapore, but they found him dead in his crate on arrival at Heathrow on Friday morning.
He was only 3 and was my little boys dog. He adored him and he has been inconsolable since we broke the news to him on Friday.

There has to be a full investigation because he was coming into quarantine here. As soon as I know what happened and why, I will let you all know, but he is in London with the ministry at the moment whilst they carry out their routine investigations and procedures.

Jo
So sorry,what bad luck,you managed to get out of hell and that happens,oh you poor things .God bless you
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Jo
I can't begin to imagine how sad you all must be.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Aw Jo thats awful news. I know I would be devastated if anything happened to one of ours. What a shock - you must all feel like crap.

Sending lots of hugs XXX
Thanks Louise, we so cannot believe this has happened to Alfie - he was such a sweet little thing.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Cavs are prone to heart problems...maybe it had something to do with that. Were you the person who enquired about Little Creek, Chester?

I'm so sorry.
Yes I did enquire about Little Creek a while ago, although my other 2 boys have gone to 4 Paws Uk in Fleetwood - very very nice people indeed.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo & family,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

Take care,

Arris
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

That is such sad news......I feel especially sad for your wee boy and i hope that the authorities get back to you quickly with explanation.
bigs hugs for you all ((((((((((((((((((x)))))))))))))))))) Cally xx
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Jo
So sorry to hear that
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

so sorry for you and your family. lots and lots of love to you all
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi all

Jo
Oh no, poor thing. So sorry for you all.

Will they still be charging you? have you already paid and will you get anything back?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

polarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud ofpolarbearmum has much to be proud of

I am sooo sorry for your loss. It is an awful thing to have experienced and our thoughts are with you. huge hugs to you guys I know how you feel havingb lost both my dogs in the last 5 months. Due to fly home on Wednesday without them.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

I can only express my sympathy again to you Jo I am shocked by what you told me about the dogs etc, I know you cannot express too much just yet on here, but I just cant stop thinking about them.

To everyone on here, you would be shocked by what she told me and I know she cant say much on here, but it really is upsetting Poor Jo and family......

Big hugs xxx

Kath
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polarbearmum
I am sooo sorry for your loss. It is an awful thing to have experienced and our thoughts are with you. huge hugs to you guys I know how you feel havingb lost both my dogs in the last 5 months. Due to fly home on Wednesday without them.
Aaah so sorry to hear that too - karma for you xx
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
I can only express my sympathy again to you Jo I am shocked by what you told me about the dogs etc, I know you cannot express too much just yet on here, but I just cant stop thinking about them.

To everyone on here, you would be shocked by what she told me and I know she cant say much on here, but it really is upsetting Poor Jo and family......

Big hugs xxx

Kath
If I wanted to take my dogs back to the UK (from the US) I would use an airline which allows small dogs in the cabin and fly into another European country ie France...then take them into the UK by road. It's the UK Gov who stipulate dogs have to travel in the hold of the plane...not all countries do this.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If I wanted to take my dogs back to the UK (from the US) I would use an airline which allows small dogs in the cabin and fly into another European country ie France...then take them into the UK by road. It's the UK Gov who stipulate dogs have to travel in the hold of the plane...not all countries do this.
to take an animal from the USA is long enough for them to travel in the hold but from OZ poor little things, goodness knows what fear they must have

having worked with airlines for yrs this is not the first case i've heard of and it wont be the last i'm afraid
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
to take an animal from the USA is long enough for them to travel in the hold but from OZ poor little things, goodness knows what fear they must have

having worked with airlines for yrs this is not the first case i've heard of and it wont be the last i'm afraid
I can imagine
We can't even have Alfie back yet, because he was coming into quarantine. For now he has to be treated as a rabies case until they prove otherwise. Once they have confirmation that he doesn't have any disease (which he doesn't), we can have his cremated remains only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.