Bad news

Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bad news

Just found out my mum has got cancer. She wasn't feeling well and went to emergency, got admitted and has some sort of lung cancer. She's in Melbourne. I'm in Pittsburgh.

How terrible is the helpless feeling of being a nurse and being able to do absolutely nothing for your mum from half a world away...

Have to wait and see what I can do about work/school to get home - was meant to be going home in a month but want to go now. At least United was lovely and can change my flight for no fee.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad news

Originally Posted by augigi
Just found out my mum has got cancer. She wasn't feeling well and went to emergency, got admitted and has some sort of lung cancer. She's in Melbourne. I'm in Pittsburgh.

How terrible is the helpless feeling of being a nurse and being able to do absolutely nothing for your mum from half a world away...

Have to wait and see what I can do about work/school to get home - was meant to be going home in a month but want to go now. At least United was lovely and can change my flight for no fee.

Sorry to hear this mate. When it is someone as close to you as your mum it hurts so badly not to be there right away. And all your nursing knowledge kicks in and that's not always a good thing (been there done that)

I hope you manage to get home as soon as possible. Stay strong and all best wishes and hugs to you and your mum
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! that's tough, I'm so sorry that this is happening to your Mum, I am sure you just want to be there right away to hold her hand and give her a big hug! Can't make it any easier you being a nurse either huh?
You will be in our thoughts hun, hope you can get things sorted and get there asap.
big huggs x
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:26 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Aww I'm so sorry, I hope you can get there for her very soon.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear such sad news...I hope you manage to be with your mum soon.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:32 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your mum's illness and I hope you get home soon.
Even 100 miles seems a long way when you want to be there right now.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your news...thinking of you and your Mum and hoping you get to give her a hug soon.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_town is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear this news, but hope the outlook is good for her?
Hoping you get home asap - things always seem much worse when you are so far away. I was in a somewhat similar position 4 years ago so I know how helpless you must feel

Wishing you and your Mum all the best,

Susie.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:55 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a newsletter perchance to which one might subscribe?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:28 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

So sorry to hear about your mum; hope you can be by her side soon.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

franki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nice

So sorry to hear that. I was in a very similar situation. Hope you get home soon and all goes well.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:44 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franki
So sorry to hear that. I was in a very similar situation. Hope you get home soon and all goes well.
very sorry to hear about your mum - hope you can get there soon xx
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Do you have a newsletter perchance to which one might subscribe?
WTF does that mean?

Thanks guys - my boss & workmates were fantastic and let me cut out right away. I am going home tomorrow. Doesn't look good unfortunately.. at the moment sounds inoperable. I guess I wont know the details until I get there.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF does that mean?

Thanks guys - my boss & workmates were fantastic and let me cut out right away. I am going home tomorrow. Doesn't look good unfortunately.. at the moment sounds inoperable. I guess I wont know the details until I get there.
Hope you have a safe trip...I'll be thinking of you and your Mum
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:47 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

WTF does that mean?

I'm glad you were able to get home so quickly..hugs to both you and your mum..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.