Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back in the UK...nearly 3 years on!!

Back in the UK...nearly 3 years on!!

Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:17 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Back in the UK...nearly 3 years on!!

Hiya!! If I'm completly honest I dont miss much about Perth at all. I suppose I miss going to the wonderful beach at Hillarys but even that became normal and mundane after a while.

I love being back here, I love the weather BUT have found myself just lately wishing for the rain to stop, but thats taken three years! After leaving OZ I didnt mind what the weather did as long as I didn't boil alive!!

It was definitely the right thing for us to do...moving back has been great...honestly. We are ordinary people with an ordinary family who like everyone else wanted better for their children, but what is better is being somewhere the whole family wants to be, not somewhere mum and dad want to be! Although I wanted to come home just as much as our daughter did!!

We don't have flash cars here, we don't live in a massive house. We have a mortgage and work to get by like everyone else. We are however enjoying our lives and like the area where we live. Our daughter has fixed friends now and is happy in the thought that she can go to the 'big school' with a best friend. Something thats taken her three years to get back is a 'best friend'.

We are off on holiday to America for three weeks this year and looking forward to that. We want to return to Australia on a holiday probably in 2008/9 but will visit the east coast, barrier reef etc but this time it will be 'just a visit'.

I do pop on here sometimes, but not as a craving to return to OZy person. I'm lucky I suppose in that we enjoyed most of our time in Perth, had a great time coming back (travelling) and are having a good life now, I can sit back and think about our time in Perth without the wish to return.

Everywhere has it's ups and downs and if I'm honest the only down in my life right now if the lack of time I have during one day, I'm so busy, after living an 'early retirement style boring' 16 months in Perth though I know which lifestyle I'd choose anyday!

Take care
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:24 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back in the UK...nearly 3 years on!!

Janey you are a returnee success story!

I remember reading your posts on Expats when I was still in the UK and you were in Oz. You were having such a hard time of it and I remember thinking "We'll be o.k. That won't happen to us, we'll make sure of it" Wasn't I nieve?

I do hope that life continues to treat you well back in old Blighty.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

All these posts about people returning home successfully makes me so eager to go back. I have felt so shitty now for days, yearning to go back. I think it has something to do with my friends and Niece who gave birth today. I would rather be with them than stuck here in this inferno!!!
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:10 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Poor thing Rach. This damn homesickness business is horrible isn't it? Won't be long though. Just keep ticking off the months and you'll be home.

This heat is terrible isn't it? I'm being kept prisoner in the house. I won't even go outside to watch hubby and the kids in the pool. It makes me feel sick.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Janey .Great to hear from you.So glad its all worked out for you and you are happy especially after 3 years.
As you know I am from your neck of the woods and so looking forward to coming home.4 weeks to go and counting.
I am looking forward to getting back and getting on with it.
I know deep down that I am doing the right thing in returning.I know all the highs and the lows.
I am looking forward to my son getting back to his old school and hopefully reuniting with his old best friend.
All the best.Janey so glad you are happy.
I will keep everyone updated once the dust settles.
You bring me hope thanks for that.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:13 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Janey and so good to hear from others who enjoy life in the UK

Life can be good without constant sunshine and heat can't it? Keep having fun
Old Mar 7th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much Janeyray! it is great to hear that returnees continue to enjoy life in the UK after the initial excitement has faded.

I guess that you have had a little one since returning as your horse has vanished?
Congratsx
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Janey thanks for the post. It is always interesting to read how people are getting on, good or bad. Glad that things have worked out well for you and your happy. I thought I was the only person that didn't like hot weather it really gets me down. I am waiting for winter now a bit of good cold weather would go down a treat . All the best.

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:57 am
Still In Perth

starlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Back in the UK...nearly 3 years on!!

So good to hear from families that have returned successfully! Brings hope to me
How old is your daughter now?

good lucky for the future and enjoy it!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Janeray I too remember when you posted from Perth..

Glad things have worked out for you back in UK and another reason why returning is a great pull.....A BLOODY HOLIDAY!!! that you can afford
Not like here 1 week self catering in Margaret Rier $1,000!!! I dont think sooooo.....

Tracey - did you get my text? hows things hope my old goat didnt make too much of a fool of himself at yours last week

Poor Rach....never mind chuck we can have a few bevvies this weekend for a change the guys can drive
Old Mar 8th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, so glad things are working out for you. I used to read your posts regularly before and after your return and wondered how you were doing as you don't post much.

Glad everything is going well.

Mandy
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:52 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Janey, lovely to hear your update and to hear that everything is going great for you and your family.

Likewise we have never regretted returning and we are enjoying life.

Susan
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:24 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I would rather be with them than stuck here in this inferno!!!
It did make me chuckle when I read this...it is so hot isn't it I lived in Ellenbrook and didnt have any air con!!

I still remember when I was mucking out the horses (a part time job I managed to get ) in Swan View, that I was followed by at least....and I'n NOT exaggerating honest, but I was followed by at least 20 million flies, in the end I had to walk around with a fly veil over my head!!!

It was worst when the hot weather was about, in fact you are having the fly season now aren't you? They go well with the heat don't they? Or was it just me that developed a phobia to them!!??
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:25 pm
home again, home again

Originally Posted by TraceyW

This heat is terrible isn't it? I'm being kept prisoner in the house. I won't even go outside to watch hubby and the kids in the pool. It makes me feel sick.
I can remember telling people we had to keep indoors when it was very hot, how silly they said...its only the UK where you have to stay indoors, beacuse it rains all the time!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:27 pm
home again, home again

Originally Posted by LouiseD

Life can be good without constant sunshine and heat can't it? Keep having fun

Sometimes, during the winter the rain becomes a pain, but only because I ride a lot and get wet!! I'd rather ride and get wet though than ride and melt

Honestly though, theres no perfect place with the weather to match so we just have to get on with it dont we

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.