Back in Uk;10 week update

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:02 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all
Default Re: Back in Uk;10 week update

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I livewire eh! BTW, my aunt, uncle and cousins lived in Colsterworth Rd. for years. Bet your mum knows them. Used to visit them quite alot too.
Its a small world ain't it Gilly, whats the family name, can't ask mum coz shes no longer with us, but my aunt and uncles would know. Their name is Dummett.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:03 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Treacle Tart
Its a small world ain't it Gilly, whats the family name, can't ask mum coz shes no longer with us, but my aunt and uncles would know. Their name is Dummett.
Aaww, I am sorry....bless you.x

Rose & Bill James and my cousins are Christine, John and Tony. They lived in those awful dark flats down the bottom of the road on the right. The one's with the huge communal yards.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:09 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Aaww, I am sorry....bless you.x

Rose & Bill James and my cousins are Christine, John and Tony. They lived in those awful dark flats down the bottom of the road on the right. The one's with the huge communal yards.
Do you know what I've never been there, Nan and grandad had moved to Broadwater Farm by the time I was born, but when I speak to my aunt I'll ask if she knows of them.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:12 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Treacle Tart
Do you know what I've never been there, Nan and grandad had moved to Broadwater Farm by the time I was born, but when I speak to my aunt I'll ask if she knows of them.
Oh yes, the infamous Broadwater Farm.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:18 am
Back to the future!

:
Oh yes, the infamous Broadwater Farm.
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seasprite

What a lovely post. Thanks so much for it.
I miss little lambs in spring time, old churches, the lanes ahhhhhhhhhh. Seasons Driving down a country lane..........too heavenly...

Funny, I live in a place very nice in Oz, I have cows outside my place, lovely birds I love but still miss the UK contryside - its just in your blood for some of us.

I'm hanging here for abit and having a visit to make sure as am a ping ponger already

Thanks again
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:18 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seasprite
So after only managing 3.5 months in Oz after 2 years of plans, exams, saving, spending and research we came back home! We did emigrate "forever", so it was with some shock I finally and guiltily accepted my true feelings.I can honestly say it was the most truamatic experience of my life. And no I have seen/dealt with my fair share before you point the finger. And yes, I used to scorn people like me. What a lightweight! But if every day brings numbness or unhappiness then please consider returning. It is not worth risking your mental health for. I think unless you sever all ties you cannot fully appreciate what you are doing. We found it rather dull, gorgeous, but dull. Anyway, enough negatives, life is good again!
I can only comment on my experience but I am so happy to be home.I did not realise just how English I was. I did wonder how much I would miss some things and basically I cannot be happy without them. I am not talking about shops, tv (although it is better here) or even family too much, but the very essence of being English, the humour, the countryside, the smells and sounds, the village school, the history, old stuff, ugly stuff, my career, the cows, blah, blah... yes, in short everything. Thankfully we did not leave because we thought it was crap here (we never buy newspapers), but to try for what we thought naively would be a better life. Well it may be for some but no thanks. Yes, we could have been almost mortgage free, so what. More to life than that.
We have achieved so much on our return; husband has landed a great job, we are buying a great house and kids happy to be back and doing the old routine, same school, parks, shops, family and friends etc. Friends, family so pleased to see us.I am not explaining very well, too much wine. Anyway, if you must do this emigration thing please keep a house here just in case.And think very hard. If you are happy with your lot do not go. Just take up a new hobby instead! If you live in an overcrowded shit hole then it may be paradise ...only you will know.
Today was my best day yet. Son back to old school, all excited and happy, saw old friends for a coffee and to borrow some calpol for my teething baby, driving around country lanes, bluebells, avenues of arcing trees, lambs in fields, birdsong, into town, bargains from Woolies, pies from m&s and banter too, then picnic in play park and home to see grandma and have decent cup of tea. Simple eh? I love my life.I am very lucky.I hope anyone reading this will be as happy as me wherver they live. Right I'm off now, need a summer dress from Ebay!

p.s Just out of hospital after scary time. Ok now and great service, only complaint, I was left to it a bit once on the ward.

p.p.s I am going to try to wean myself off here abit so will just pop in now and then. thank you all for your support and just for being there. This site helped me feel safe and normal and not alone.
....but isnt three months just a longish holiday????
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
....but isnt three months just a longish holiday????
..no
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Just out of interest (as we both currently live in Canada), I wonder if your husband misses the same things as mine.

Lack of Career (limited prospects, the buzz, challenge etc)
Cities like London with their history, access to theatre/arts, grittiness, life!

These have been the main things my husband has missed. He isn't very close to his family so that wasn't a main factor for him.

Would be interested to here if any of the above featured on his 'things I miss' list?!
I live in Canada and totally agree with you. I think it's a great country to retire to, if you have money. But to make money it's pretty useless.

I miss the buzz of London, the feeling of being in the centre of things, of living somewhere important. In London it's possible to leave a job on Friday and walk into a new one on Monday, don't try that in this part of Canada.

At least there is some history and culture in this part of Canada, most other bits I have seen look pretty bland
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

All the best in your new life back in Uk.
You only realise how good the Uk is once you have moved away eh?
We know we will be back in Uk too..one day!
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
I live in Canada and totally agree with you. I think it's a great country to retire to, if you have money. But to make money it's pretty useless.

I miss the buzz of London, the feeling of being in the centre of things, of living somewhere important. In London it's possible to leave a job on Friday and walk into a new one on Monday, don't try that in this part of Canada.

At least there is some history and culture in this part of Canada, most other bits I have seen look pretty bland
How long have you been here? Are you thinking of going back?

My husband has gone back to England and he found a great job in London. Just talking to him today and he is back to his old self, confident and happy. He lost his confidence here in Canada, all his ideas were poo-poo'd and he didn't feel needed iykwim. He feels like he fits in again.

Now all I need to do is sell the house and get over to be with him again.

I haven't visited Quebec but DH used to work for a company in Montreal and he always said Quebec city was a beautiful place
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
All the best in your new life back in Uk.
You only realise how good the Uk is once you have moved away eh?
We know we will be back in Uk too..one day!
Love your location!
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Love your location!
Its very very boring here tbh!
One trip back to Uk last year for 5 weeks made me realise there is soooooo much more to do there than here.
Life is passing us by and all we do is get more bored here by the minute!
Actually, one step closer, house sold here now, cash in bank and plotting our next move!
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:38 am
'In limboland'

One trip back to Uk last year for 5 weeks made me realise there is soooooo much more to do there than here.
Actually, one step closer, house sold here now, cash in bank and plotting our next move!
Are you brave enough to tell us where 'here' is, you rascal you?
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice one, if i go its with a only few grand, scary - ahhhhhhh
Are you bored in Perth?
You heading back then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.