Back in sad circumstances

Old May 27th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Back in sad circumstances

We`ve been in the USA for five years and were looking forward to moving back this summer. Unfortunately I`ve had to come back in an emergency because my sister, ten years younger than me has a rare terminal cancer of the liver, and is going downhill fast. I`m a complete flying phobic but managed to fly home with the aid of tranquilisers and am so glad I did because I got here while she was a bit more lively.
Now she is very poorly, it`s such a sad situation, compounded because her boys are only teenagers. This forum has given me so much support in the past, just thought I`d share this news. It`s a bittersweet pill to be returning but knowing I wont have my sister, who I always counted as my best friend for much longer
Old May 27th 2012, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in sad circumstances

Originally Posted by jemima55
We`ve been in the USA for five years and were looking forward to moving back this summer. Unfortunately I`ve had to come back in an emergency because my sister, ten years younger than me has a rare terminal cancer of the liver, and is going downhill fast. I`m a complete flying phobic but managed to fly home with the aid of tranquilisers and am so glad I did because I got here while she was a bit more lively.
Now she is very poorly, it`s such a sad situation, compounded because her boys are only teenagers. This forum has given me so much support in the past, just thought I`d share this news. It`s a bittersweet pill to be returning but knowing I wont have my sister, who I always counted as my best friend for much longer

Jemima, so very sorry to read this. How sad. I can't imagine--I have two younger sisters I'm very close to.....They (as well as brothers and mother) would be among the important reasons for returning in my own case. How bittersweet your return later this year will be, as you say.

Thank you for sharing this and I am sure you'll have many expressions of support....

I know your name from the "over 50s..." thread, maybe you should post it there also. A bunch of really supportive people there, as you know. I usually only read that thread and rarely check the others, maybe some other members are the same.

Wishing you and your family, and hers, strength and solace.

Tina
Old May 27th 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the suggestion about the over 50s thread, and thanks for your kind words. I may well do that!
Old May 27th 2012, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestion about the over 50s thread, and thanks for your kind words. I may well do that!
And I meant the original one, not the Chit-chat one, fun though that is.

Tina
Old May 27th 2012, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eeek, I`ve posted it somewhere, hope its the right one!
Old May 27th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Eeek, I`ve posted it somewhere, hope its the right one!
Yes, I saw your post, it's the right one--but I forgot to mention that it's been a bit quiet of late, so I hope the usual support is forthcoming!

Tina
Old May 27th 2012, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

It`s really lovely having an online group of people who will support you when things are tough!
Old May 27th 2012, 9:21 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Such terribly sad news. There are no words when faced with losing those we love. God bless. x
Old May 27th 2012, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Lillybilly
Old May 27th 2012, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

New here, but thinking of you in these sad circumstances. I shall be returning too very shortly for similar reasons:-(
Old May 27th 2012, 11:03 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jemima55 I'm so sorry to hear your sad news

I never know what to say in these circumstances but I hope you're OK.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:18 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your sister.
This is a good place to come and chat about this sort of thing.
Stay strong.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah Jemima55. You have a cyber hug from me ,rom far away across the world. I'm short in height so my cyber nose is probably in your cyber armpit.
We've not posted together but having read this I wanted to say to you that I am sad to read this news about your sister. It's good that you have arrived to be able to spend a little quality time with her . Life dishes out the roughest, unfair, stuff at times doesn't it.

Take care
BEVS
Old May 28th 2012, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

{{{hugs}}} Jemima - so sorry to hear your news
Old May 28th 2012, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jemima

So so sorry to hear the sad news. I know you already had a lot on your plate with moving back this year, and this must be such a horrible experience for you. Sorry we couldnt meet up before you left - I hope everything works out for you all. Sending lots of love and best wishes to you xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.